Signature/Deluxe dining & Crystal Lotus

94bruin

DIS Veteran
We're considering the offer thru the official site that includes a voucher for signature or deluxe dining.

https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/offers-discounts/play-dine-intl/

I'm trying to figure out what exactly are signature or deluxe dining sites. The only restaurants I can figure out for signature is Crystal Lotus and Walt's Café.

As a follow-up question, I read on a different site that the Signature Dim Sum at Crystal Lotus is only for hotel guests. Can anyone verify this?

Lastly, how long of a walk is it from the park to one of the hotels?

Thanks!

I believe the Plaza restaurant in the park is also considered deluxe dining. Chef Mickey's would also be signature dining, but not sure if your deal includes character meals.

It's about a 10 minute walk to the HKDL Hotel, and about 10 minutes from there to the Hollywood. If you're only going to the Hollywood to eat, and are planning to go straight back to the park, I would take the shuttle bus instead. Shouldn't be too crowded if you avoid peak opening/closing times, and only takes 5 minutes. The walk as far as HKDL is quite lovely along a little themed path with Disney music piped in and topiaries etc, but from the HKDL to the Hollywood, it's just a path next to a road. If you've got plenty of time to spare, you could always go through the hotel grounds and take the path along the sea front.

Hi 94Bruin, did you ever get an answer about dining at Crystal Lotus? we are very interested in going for our trip.

I don't think the Crystal Lotus dim sum is only for hotel guests. When I made a reservation there, they did not ask me for my hotel info. You do need to call to make a reservation to eat there, so you could ask directly. (I think maybe it used to be only for hotel guests)

After I called for the reservation, they emailed me a menu and I needed to choose my dim sum in advance (this part could be done via email). You could also order other items once you got there, but the dim sum was enough for me.

Hope that helps someone. I know I'd been pretty unsure what to expect when I decided I wanted to eat there on my my most recent trip. I really enjoyed it, and can definitely recommend the experience.

I don't think the Crystal Lotus dim sum is only for hotel guests. When I made a reservation there, they did not ask me for my hotel info. You do need to call to make a reservation to eat there, so you could ask directly. (I think maybe it used to be only for hotel guests)

After I called for the reservation, they emailed me a menu and I needed to choose my dim sum in advance (this part could be done via email). You could also order other items once you got there, but the dim sum was enough for me.

Hope that helps someone. I know I'd been pretty unsure what to expect when I decided I wanted to eat there on my my most recent trip. I really enjoyed it, and can definitely recommend the experience.

I read online about the necessity to pre-order, bit intimidating! But worth it by the sounds of things.

We'll have a toddler with us, do you think it'll still be worth it? Hard to know what he's going to be like in 6 months time but at the moment he's definitely not a fussy eater but he's a mover and a shaker that's for sure.

Hope that helps someone. I know I'd been pretty unsure what to expect when I decided I wanted to eat there on my my most recent trip. I really enjoyed it, and can definitely recommend the experience.[/QUO

Another question, do you happen to remember if you went on a weekend or a week day?

I went on a Saturday. I'd recommend calling early for a reservation as I called several weeks in advance and still couldn't get the exact time I wanted. (It wasn't a particularly busy time of the year)

I don't have kids so I really can't help with that question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!