Signature Entitlements in 2020 Change From Two Credits To One - (Paddlefish & Boathouse)

DeterminedOne

DIS Veteran
Disney site shows dining plan entitlement for Paddlefish/Boathouse changing from two credits to one in 2020.
If that is the case, it's awesome. But now I need to add another ADR. Will have 12 credits on DxDP and planned on
four signatures (8 credits) and 4 regular sit downs (4 credits). If Boathouse changes to one credit, I have an extra meal to plan.

Crd3TAD.jpg

Interesting! I have to assume menus will change a bit? I know The Boathouse has some very high priced entrees... like a $75 steak if I recall. Wouldn't be surprised if those options were revised if thisnis dropped to 1 credit.

I think some of the entrees at Boathouse will become enhancements. I also think certain changes are due to problems with the food chain and the possibility of another recession.

Disney site shows dining plan entitlement for Paddlefish/Boathouse changing from two credits to one in 2020.
If that is the case, it's awesome. But now I need to add another ADR. Will have 12 credits on DxDP and planned on
four signatures (8 credits) and 4 regular sit downs (4 credits). If Boathouse changes to one credit, I have an extra meal to plan.

Crd3TAD.jpg

Where can you find this info. I have looked everywhere and all i can get is a pdf off the uk website that doesnt show any of the disney springs restauarants except QS

Well there goes another one. Bye boathouse it was fun while it lasted but I don’t do the “dumbed down” one credit menus.
Why not wait to see what the new menu will look like before making a decision? Remember, it's not in the parks and is enjoyed by people outside WDW as well. We don't always eat on the dining plan so the change in entitlements doesn't affect me much. As well the 1 TS lunch at Morimoto is almost as good as the 2 TS evening meal w/ the big difference being the menu items as opposed to food quality.
Just a thought.

I've never been to either but now I might check one of them out on my next trip.

I think Disney Springs already gets the kids with Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex. Perhaps this is an attempt to get more adults to visit. If everything's two credits adults might be less likely to come.

That being said, I can't see anything diverting me from Jaleo. So good. Perhaps two visits to Disney Springs will be in order.

Why not wait to see what the new menu will look like before making a decision? Remember, it's not in the parks and is enjoyed by people outside WDW as well. We don't always eat on the dining plan so the change in entitlements doesn't affect me much. As well the 1 TS lunch at Morimoto is almost as good as the 2 TS evening meal w/ the big difference being the menu items as opposed to food quality.
Just a thought.
Excellent point with the Morimoto reference.

Well I have heard so many bad reviews and bad word of mouth for both of these, they probably deserve to be downgraded to 1 credit.

Well I have heard so many bad reviews and bad word of mouth for both of these, they probably deserve to be downgraded to 1 credit.
What did you hear?
I like both of them to different degrees but wouldn't mind hearing the thoughts of others.

What did you hear?
I like both of them to different degrees but wouldn't mind hearing the thoughts of others.

Well, my friend had a bad experience a couple of years ago and reviews, I remember reading then were very hit or miss, like alot Disney Springs. However, it seems both have improved their reviews on yelp and google, of late, from a quick scan of them just now so they both must be doing pretty good now

Cant speak to Paddlefish never been. Every time we come to Disney World we always enjoy The BoatHouse. We have always had good service and enjoy the food. I wonder if the menu will be changing and if they will be adding " entitlements"

If Boathouse would take TIW they would get our business. I would think adding that option before they dummy down their menu and change to 1 TS would be a wiser option.

Laura

Just a thought.
We enjoyed our meal 2 years ago at Boathouse. We didn't have the DDP but based on costs , both of our entrees would have been a waste of 2 TS credits. My entree was $22 and DH's was $26. Even with price increases since 2017 I doubt either entree went up in price enough to justify 2 TS credits.

Where can you find this info. I have looked everywhere and all i can get is a pdf off the uk website that doesnt show any of the disney springs restauarants except QS
Disney website.
Go to area where you can view menu. Will see a link that says “some dining plans accepted”. Click on that link and it shows # of entitlements.

Well, my friend had a bad experience a couple of years ago and reviews, I remember reading then were very hit or miss, like alot Disney Springs. However, it seems both have improved their reviews on yelp and google, of late, from a quick scan of them just now so they both must be doing pretty good now
We have eaten at both multiple multiple times with various different groups of people. Never had an issue. Both are solid places. Not jiko, narcoossee, flying fish, cal grill level but they deff hold their own. Actually the strip steak or fillet (whatever they r using right now) was one of my beat meals in awhile last 2 trips.

Have only eaten at Boathouse once, two years ago. What we had was pretty good, but what I loved most was the outdoor seating. We were there just before dusk, and it was so pretty. Husband and I had a romantic dinner without meaning to have a romantic dinner. Paddlefish was my favorite Disney restaurant when it was Fulton's.

I've never been to either but now I might check one of them out on my next trip.

I think Disney Springs already gets the kids with Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex. Perhaps this is an attempt to get more adults to visit. If everything's two credits adults might be less likely to come.

That being said, I can't see anything diverting me from Jaleo. So good. Perhaps two visits to Disney Springs will be in order.

Thanks for mentioning Jaleo now that I have an extra ADR slot to fill. Just went over to browse the menu, and alas - looks like it's also changing to one dining credit in 2020. :dogdance:

We enjoyed our meal 2 years ago at Boathouse. We didn't have the DDP but based on costs , both of our entrees would have been a waste of 2 TS credits. My entree was $22 and DH's was $26. Even with price increases since 2017 I doubt either entree went up in price enough to justify 2 TS credits.
The only time I felt we "wasted" credits eating at Boathouse is when we invited the man's brother's family and they all ordered hamburgers. Of course they ate burgers for all the nights they were at WDW so I'm not sure why we thought Boathouse would change their wants :lmao:. The man was a bit peeved but I reminded him it's what they wanted and providing that was the essence of being a good host. Didn't tell him I was saving the memory for some later "your people vs my people" disagreements but oh well;).

We normally share a Porterhouse steak which cost about $75.00, a dozen oysters that average $3.50 each and a wedge salad and/or side of vegetables (don't recall the cost of the sides). DGD and the man tend to opt for the included ice cream desserts and I opt out for gelato across the street. Feel we got good value for the price and more importantly from my POV, quality. Great views and atmosphere as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter