Signature Entitlements in 2020 Change From Two Credits To One - (Paddlefish & Boathouse)

As for Paddlefish, only eaten there once and would be happy to return. The seafood boil is easy to share, really want to try the table side made lobster guacamole, disliked the much raved about fried lobster- I don't understand the need to fry lobster especially when no strong seasoning is used, and I love their mussel dishes as they are not overcooked.
Amazing views as well.

I hope that's true. We were looking at both menus, but I didn't feel we would get our credits worth at 2TS. We were actually considering doing one of them and paying OOP.

I am really thinking that this is going to change. I don't see this many Disney Springs restaurants going away from signature. I think they are likely still sorting out contracts.

If that is the case, I wish they would have just left it at two, then changed it after the contracts are sorted.
Don't they know obsessive planners like me - who also happens to be within her 180 day window - depend on details such as this.
:headache:

If that is the case, I wish they would have just left it at two, then changed it after the contracts are sorted.
Don't they know obsessive planners like me - who also happens to be within her 180 day window - depend on details such as this.
:headache:
ME too. It's irritating, but Disney does it all the time. Restaurants drop off when they are sorting contracts, only to come back later, ect

I've never been to either but now I might check one of them out on my next trip.

I think Disney Springs already gets the kids with Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex. Perhaps this is an attempt to get more adults to visit. If everything's two credits adults might be less likely to come.

That being said, I can't see anything diverting me from Jaleo. So good. Perhaps two visits to Disney Springs will be in order.
Have only eaten at Boathouse once, two years ago. What we had was pretty good, but what I loved most was the outdoor seating. We were there just before dusk, and it was so pretty. Husband and I had a romantic dinner without meaning to have a romantic dinner. Paddlefish was my favorite Disney restaurant when it was Fulton's.

Thanks for mentioning Jaleo now that I have an extra ADR slot to fill. Just went over to browse the menu, and alas - looks like it's also changing to one dining credit in 2020. :dogdance:

We will be at WDW and are stuck between choosing WBG and Jaleo for our NYE dinner. Ate at Wine Bar George on the 31st last year and it was one of the best eating out New Year's dining memories we had in almost 30 years. We started having dinner parties at home for that evening in part due to the rip off aspect of dining at many NYC restaurants: poor quality over priced champagne and food seemed to be the norm if you didn't plan months in advance, and of course the people over-hyped to make the best of a sad scenario. WBG did a great job of changing that perception.

We've always had such lovely meals at Jaleo both at DS and in the DC area but never eaten there for their famed NYE meal and therein lies the dilemma.

Ultimately what ever choice we make will be a goody I suspect.

Until the end of the year when contracts have to be signed, I wouldn't put too much into it. It might change. It might not change. But nothing is set until then.

I think they will stay as 2 dining credits in 2020. Also Jaleo is on the list for 2020 as 1 credit.
I'm guessing they all stay at 2 credits, and web page will be adjusted as they get new contracts settled.

Adam

I was shocked to find out Boathouse was a 2 credit ‘signature’, so the move to 1 credit makes total sense to me!

The only time I felt we "wasted" credits eating at Boathouse is when we invited the man's brother's family and they all ordered hamburgers. Of course they ate burgers for all the nights they were at WDW so I'm not sure why we thought Boathouse would change their wants :lmao:. The man was a bit peeved but I reminded him it's what they wanted and providing that was the essence of being a good host. Didn't tell him I was saving the memory for some later "your people vs my people" disagreements but oh well;).

Maybe they didn't understand how dining credits worked and were trying to be conscientious guests and not order the more expensive items on the menu. I have a stepbrother who will always order lobster if someone else is picking up the check...that's a whole different problem.

Maybe they didn't understand how dining credits worked and were trying to be conscientious guests and not order the more expensive items on the menu. I have a stepbrother who will always order lobster if someone else is picking up the check...that's a whole different problem.
They know how the dining plan works and are Florida resident AP holders; guess they just wanted burgers.
My youngest sister is like your stepbrother and knowing both her parents I suppose her life's ambition is to be a trail blazer:rolleyes:.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter