Signature Services

MouseWatcher

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have experience in using Disney's Signature Services in conjunction with a club level stay? Is the service as personal and 'magical' as when things were handled by the IPO? We have a stay in a few months at Beach Club and trying to decide whether to use them to secure a cabana rental or just do it ourselves. Thanks!!

I would say they are friendly and helpful where they can be but I prefer to try to reserve things myself rather than bother someone else to do it for me, but its nice to know they're there if I need.

I have a CL stay at CR next month.
I like booking things myself so I have not contacted DSS at all and don't plan to.
I'd say if you like that kind of "personal attention" then go through them to book things otherwise just do it yourself.
They really can't do any "better" than you can but it is n ice that once you're there if there is an issue they can help solve it.

I have always booked things that are easy to book online or have variables such as choosing which time works best if the ideal isn't available, etc by myself (ADRs). I also book things that are just easier to do online, like MNSSHP tix or DAH tix myself. I have used DSS for cabanas at resorts and TL, since you can't book them online (can you now? I know things changed recently). I mainly use DSS to make room requests, add allergy notations to our stay, and to ask any questions since I find it is a shorter wait to call them than the main line, and you have the option to email and not even have to call. I also used them to book the extra FPs, but in that case you don't have a choice. I find that I don't use them all that much, but like having them available for when or if I need them. I just wish they were open later, I tend to do things in the evening.

I personally prefer the DSS setup over the IPOs (not a sentiment shared by all though). I have found that ‘most’ DSS CMs have a good knowledge of many things WDW and can be quite helpful. What they don’t have is the intimate resort knowledge that the IPOs had that many people appreciated.

I like how with DSS I can handle some things over e-mail - saves me time and it’s efficient.

Since booking a cabana is something that requires a phone call to someone regardless of your method... either the recreation booking line or DSS, I’d rather go through DSS. Once DSS has your credit card on file (have to call for that), you can easily book things like a cabana via e-mail.

Can you please tell me what IPO stands for? Thanks!

Itinerary Planning Office. It was the pre-arrival concierge/planning service available to CL guests before Disney Signature Services was introduced. Each resort/CL had its own “IPO” vs DSS which is centralized and serves all CL guests.

Hope that makes sense.

I prefer to do it myself.
Their office opens too late to use them for FP or ADR (if I booked ADR)
The only time I used them was when I had to, to book the tour with AKL when they offered a tour exclusive to CL

Like most others, I prefer to book everything myself, but occasionally I used IPO in the past to look for a hard to get reservation. For me they were always iffy in terms of being able to get what I was asking for, and overall knowledge/friendliness. Our upcoming trip is the first we are dealing with DSS and so far I'm impressed. They were able to get an ADR I couldn't find on my own or with the Touring Plans ADR finder. They are all extremely friendly and seem to know what they're talking about. Booking CLFP was a breeze and I like how they sent a very nice welcome letter shortly after we booked. They've also called several times just to see if we needed help with anything. IPO never called before any of our trips. Only once did they send anything in the mail. If not for these boards, I might not have even known they even existed. I prefer DSS, but I'd still rather book the majority of my plans on my own.

They have been helpful with trying to book hard to get reservations. Even though some reservations still weren't available early in my stay, they were able to book 2 reservations at the same time for 2 and 3 people when a reservation for 5 wasn't available which I can't book 2 reservations at the same time on My Disney Experience. For hard to get reservations, I would send them the information for them to book.

I asked DSS to reserve GardenGrille, Candle Light Processional Ticket Package a certain time. Which it did the exact time I needed. I hope to coordinate my FastPasses with them we’ll see. I’d have to give up control. That’s hard for me.

I asked DSS to reserve GardenGrille, Candle Light Processional Ticket Package a certain time. Which it did the exact time I needed. I hope to coordinate my FastPasses with them we’ll see. I’d have to give up control. That’s hard for me.

If you aren’t purchasing the CL FastPasses and get them at 60 days- DSS only has the same available ones that you can get. They can’t make a specific one appear if it’s not available.

Does anyone know if I can make CL FastPass requests with DSS before my 90-day window? (To be executed on my 90-day window) I ask because I just upgraded to CL (yay), but realized I’m going to be traveling during that time and likely won’t be able to sit on the phone.

Does anyone know if I can make CL FastPass requests with DSS before my 90-day window? (To be executed on my 90-day window) I ask because I just upgraded to CL (yay), but realized I’m going to be traveling during that time and likely won’t be able to sit on the phone.
Not only can you but you really have to, otherwise, you loose out on the 90 day advantage you are paying for. You want them armed with your requests, ready to go when the system is ready on day 90. Or when they come in to work, whichever comes first, LOL.

Not only can you but you really have to, otherwise, you loose out on the 90 day advantage you are paying for. You want them armed with your requests, ready to go when the system is ready on day 90. Or when they come in to work, whichever comes first, LOL.

Gotcha, thanks! So just let them know what I'd like ahead of time and hope that they score those for me when the time comes?

Gotcha, thanks! So just let them know what I'd like ahead of time and hope that they score those for me when the time comes?

There’s no need to stress with timing if you’re booking the CL Extra FPs at 90 days - everything is available and will be until much closer to overlapping with someone’s 60+ window.

DSS cannot book the program until the day you’re eligible, so you’ll need to call to put a credit card # on file. You can e-mail them your list and they’ll book them / charge you that day. Just call and tell them you're traveling that day and they’ll walk you through everything.

Also FYI, the 90 day window is from your check OUT date, just in case you didn’t know.

Just to clarify: you are talking about the paid fastpasses, right? They are made 90 days from your check out date. And you really will have no trouble getting what you want, even if you wait a few days after the 90 days. Very few people book these, so even if you talk to them at 80 days, you’ll still be fine.

There’s no need to stress with timing if you’re booking the CL Extra FPs at 90 days - everything is available and will be until much closer to overlapping with someone’s 60+ window.

DSS cannot book the program until the day you’re eligible, so you’ll need to call to put a credit card # on file. You can e-mail them your list and they’ll book them / charge you that day. Just call and tell them you're traveling that day and they’ll walk you through everything.

Also FYI, the 90 day window is from your check OUT date, just in case you didn’t know.

Great minds think alike & post at the same time! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter