Signed up for Goofy and now pregnant

cocob2000

Earning My Ears
Hi All- This is my first time signing for goofy, so sorry it I missed this somewhere!

I signed up for Goofy and I am very excited to run it, but we just found out that we are expecting! Which we are even more excited for!!!

I know that registration are non-refundable, but do you know if you can sell your bib?

Congratulations!

No reason to stop unless you run into health issues. Many women run well into their third trimester.

You can not sell your bib under the current policies, but you can look into deferring your race to the next year. Skimming the runDisney page I didn't see the dates when you can look to defer, so you may want to give them a call (407-939-iRun, 8-5 ET).

Congrats!

You can defer - do it sooner rather than later because the price to defer goes up the closer you get to your race. (I think it is like $45 to defer now vs. $70 closer to the race).

I was pregnant and had to defer my 2014 Glass Slipper Challenge. It was easy.

Just for everyone out there, pregnancy affects women in weird ways, so just because you can run now doesn't mean you can run later. :) I ran a half marathon PR at five weeks pregnant. A few months later, I was on bed rest for high blood pressure, and I was in the best shape of my life when I got pregnant and continued to exercise until I got told not to. Damn doctors. :P

Just for everyone out there, pregnancy affects women in weird ways, so just because you can run now doesn't mean you can run later. :) I ran a half marathon PR at five weeks pregnant. A few months later, I was on bed rest for high blood pressure, and I was in the best shape of my life when I got pregnant and continued to exercise until I got told not to. Damn doctors. :P
Agreed, but exercise during pregnancy is very healthy under most circumstances.

My wife (Type 1 diabetic), with our first child, worked out almost every day (not running - other stuff at the gym - step class and the like). About 6 weeks before our due date she developed severe toxemia. Long story short - both her life and our child's were in extreme danger. They had to take my son early and my wife almost passed. My wife's doctors told us that only her great health and physical condition saved her. Had she just stopped working out because she became pregnant, she might not be with me today.

I know deferral is the only option but if you could somehow talk runDisney into transferring I will take it! :-) But congrats on the news. That's exciting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter