Silly question about bell services...

MommaBerd

DIS Veteran
I know this is a silly question, but I don’t like not knowing protocol. The first time we stayed at Beach Club, resort, not DVC, we were going to unload all of our things (a LOT) and try to carry it all ourselves - we didn’t expect anything different. But then realized that it was the standard to use bell service to deliver our luggage. After all, it’s a deluxe resort. It was a pleasant surprise, and we don’t mind allowing them and tipping for it.

Now that we are DVC, will bell services still deliver our luggage to our room? Or is that just for resort room guests?

I know this is a silly question, but I don’t like not knowing protocol. The first time we stayed at Beach Club, resort, not DVC, we were going to unload all of our things (a LOT) and try to carry it all ourselves - we didn’t expect anything different. But then realized that it was the standard to use bell service to deliver our luggage. After all, it’s a deluxe resort. It was a pleasant surprise, and we don’t mind allowing them and tipping for it.

Now that we are DVC, will bell services still deliver our luggage to our room? Or is that just for resort room guests?
Yes, they will. We stayed in a grand villa and BWV last fall. There was a lot of luggage and grocery bags to haul to the room. Bell Services took care of all of them.

Bell services is in it for the tips so yes they will deliver your luggage at all of the resorts. In their world they know which resorts have the highest tippers and they work to get transferred to those resorts. If you don't want to deal with bell services you can handle your bags yourself. HH, VB, CCV, and BRV are the only resorts where you can use the luggage carts to move your own luggage.

:earsboy: Bill

Standard to use Bell Services? I wouldn't claim that. Many people do because they are willing to pay to not handle the luggage. But many people don't either - luggage has wheels! And I especially dislike Disney that won't hang with you while you check in and then take you up to the room. You give it to them then they store it then you have to call from the room to get it delivered. If we can handle our luggage ourselves, and we we almost always can, we just keep it with us and don't waste time with Bell Services.

But they'll help anyone that will pay them. :)

Standard to use Bell Services? I wouldn't claim that. Many people do because they are willing to pay to not handle the luggage. But many people don't either - luggage has wheels! And I especially dislike Disney that won't hang with you while you check in and then take you up to the room. You give it to them then they store it then you have to call from the room to get it delivered. If we can handle our luggage ourselves, and we we almost always can, we just keep it with us and don't waste time with Bell Services.

But they'll help anyone that will pay them. :)
I used to feel that way, but really I see no reason not to let them do the heavy lifting, I just wish they would leave your luggage in your room even if you weren't there.

I used to feel that way, but really I see no reason not to let them do the heavy lifting, I just wish they would leave your luggage in your room even if you weren't there.

That's the main the problem. Wasting the time to wait for them when we already can be there with the bags. And since there's no lifting at all with bags these days it's an easy problem to solve. :)

Bell services is in it for the tips so yes they will deliver your luggage at all of the resorts. In their world they know which resorts have the highest tippers and they work to get transferred to those resorts. If you don't want to deal with bell services you can handle your bags yourself. HH, VB, CCV, and BRV are the only resorts where you can use the luggage carts to move your own luggage.

I've never seen a luggage cart available at BRV, but we did get one two weeks ago at GFV.

That's the main the problem. Wasting the time to wait for them when we already can be there with the bags. And since there's no lifting at all with bags these days it's an easy problem to solve. :)
We usually want to spend a few hours I the room by that point anyway, especially when we take redeye flight.

If you aren't there, they won't be tipped. They have access to your room, try pre-tipping and see if that makes it happen.

I've never seen a luggage cart available at BRV, but we did get one two weeks ago at GFV.

VGF may be a no no. CCV and BRV GM has set the policy to allow guests to use the carts. They are located at CCV outside of the building to the right of the front door/RAC desk.

VGF may be a no no. CCV and BRV GM has set the policy to allow guests to use the carts. They are located at CCV outside of the building to the right of the front door/RAC desk.

Nope, we were offered the luggage cart by one of the CMs who sit at the two desks there. She told us they didn't leave them out because guests would hoard them in their villas instead of just using them when they needed them. You need to ask for them at one of the desks. We had gone to the grocery store and had a few too many bags and she offered us the use of one of the carts. We were surprised.

Nope, we were offered the luggage cart by one of the CMs who sit at the two desks there. She told us they didn't leave them out because guests would hoard them in their villas instead of just using them when they needed them. You need to ask for them at one of the desks. We had gone to the grocery store and had a few too many bags and she offered us the use of one of the carts. We were surprised.

Good to know, :thanks:

So what is a good tip amount for every person? When they deliver them to your room as well? I plan on taking in 3 bags of luggage and then I will have my day bag/pool bag on myself. What should I budget for that at the BCVs and AKVs?

Last edited:
So what is a good tip amount for every person? When they deliver them to your room as well? I plan on taking in 3 bags of luggage and then I will have my day bag/pool bag on myself. What should I budget for that at the BCVs and AKVs?
We go with $1 per bag if we have multiple bags including grocery. Otherwise $5 minimum.

We tip $2 per bag for delivery to the room. Nothing if we pick them up from storage. If the room is really far from the lobby, maybe a little more if they give us a ride to the room, get us ice.

We tip $2 per bag for delivery to the room. Nothing if we pick them up from storage. If the room is really far from the lobby, maybe a little more if they give us a ride to the room, get us ice.

Ok, so $2 a bag for delivery to the room, what about when we pull up to the resort and they help us with our bags then? Same amount? Pay them on the spot for that help?

Ok, so $2 a bag for delivery to the room, what about when we pull up to the resort and they help us with our bags then? Same amount? Pay them on the spot for that help?

Those people are not Disney employees, they only unload cars and pass the luggage to bell services. Normally you tip when the bags are delivered not when they take them. That is why bell services doesn't unload cars and why you have to be in your room for delivery. It's all about the money/tips.

Those people are not Disney employees, they only unload cars and pass the luggage to bell services. Normally you tip when the bags are delivered not when they take them. That is why bell services doesn't unload cars and why you have to be in your room for delivery. It's all about the money/tips.

Really? Not Disney employees, who are they then? I would have never ever thought that! So the only people I need to tip will be when deliver the bags to the room? Do you know if they have this at Art of Animation as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter