Silly Question Re: Main DCA Entrance

Fuzeon

Earning My Ears
Hello,

What is the best/fastest way to the DCA main entrance from GCH? We arrived this evening, and had dinner in DTD. Had to pass through security near the Dress Shop and Sephora coming from GCH. Surprised by that since technically not in a Park. Would we take this same entryway to get to main entrance DCA, this getting stuck at two security checkpoints?

Thank You!

If you are very early risers, you could go to the DCA entrance in the hotel, otherwise, I suggest, as others will, to use the main DCA entrance which you would go through the DTD security by Sephora, turn right in DTD and head to DCA. You would not go through another security. You will go through the main entrance into the park.

All of DtD is in the security zone so you have to go through security at the same location and then just walk past World of Disney to the Main Entrance of DCA.

ETA There are no further security checks you'll just wait at the gates until they open and scan your tickets

Would we take this same entryway to get to main entrance DCA, this getting stuck at two security checkpoints?

There won’t be a second checkpoint. They got rid of the security before the esplanade. Leaving GCH and entering DTD is the security you will go through.

And yes that’s how to get from the grand to the main dca entrance.

Hello,

What is the best/fastest way to the DCA main entrance from GCH? We arrived this evening, and had dinner in DTD. Had to pass through security near the Dress Shop and Sephora coming from GCH. Surprised by that since technically not in a Park. Would we take this same entryway to get to main entrance DCA, this getting stuck at two security checkpoints?

Thank You!
They have included all of DTD in the security zone now. So exiting the hotel, you enter the secured area at the entry by the dress shop. There won't be another check point.

To enter DCA, you can either go to the main DCA entrance this way, or you can use the GCH entrance near Napa Rose. You would g thru security there.

Thank you for your replies.

We ended up using the GCH entrance this morning as we were up at 5:15, it being 7:15 for us. At 6:15, there was no one in line at security so we headed to Whitewater Snacks for a sit down breakfast. At 7:05, there was one family in front of us. Security opened at 7:30 and we were let into DCA shortly after. We then walked to Carthay Circle, where we were held at the rope until 8. Then fast walking to Carsland via backway, where we could see lots more people dashing from the main entrance. We merged with them at Flo’s and proceeded to get on RSR in about 15 minuets. Then headed to Luigi’s which was closed, so rode Mater’s instead. Noticed wait for RSR was just 20 minutes, so rode again. Later in the morning, pulled a FP for RSR evening ride. Thus, able to ride RSR three times today, and I think we are officially done with RSR!!

Tomorrow, off to DL.

Then fast walking to Carsland via backway, where we could see lots more people dashing from the main entrance. We merged with them at Flo’s and proceeded to get on RSR in about 15 minuets.
Tomorrow, off to DL.

I am curious what you mean by back way to Carsland.

Enter DCA from the GCH entrance, walk thru Grizzly Peak, past Little Mermaid and head into the large Pacific Wharf seating area, past the Karl Strauss cart, and under the rock formation to enter Cars Land "the back way".

Exactly. Cross the wooden bridge, pass the Mexican restaurant. It’s likely less crowded, but I’m not sure faster, since it’s not as direct. However, if you’re coming from the GCH entrance, it’s a good option.

Enter DCA from the GCH entrance, walk thru Grizzly Peak, past Little Mermaid and head into the large Pacific Wharf seating area, past the Karl Strauss cart, and under the rock formation to enter Cars Land "the back way".
Keep in mind, the GCH entrance is only available to guests staying at the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter