Silly Question

juliette

Crazy for DISNEY
I am interested in buying disney dollars from now for my June trip Just a couple of questions where can I use them also when I do use them what kind of change do I get back. Things like counter service and vendors in the parks also stores

There are no silly questions on the DIS boards!

I don't think i am going to be much help here, but you can use Disney Dollars in all the parks on site, resorts, Downtown disney , etc.

I do not think there is anywhere 'off-site' that will accept them.
And i think that you will get your change in 'normal' dollars.

Hopefully, someone else will be of more help to you,juliette.

Carene:)

Originally posted by juliette
I am interested in buying disney dollars from now for my June trip Just a couple of questions where can I use them...
You can use $DD just about anywhere on Disney property. They are accepted by the resorts as payment for your room, at the restaurants onsite and even at the kiosks where you buy souvenirs and snacks.

also when I do use them what kind of change do I get back. Things like counter service and vendors in the parks also stores

You will receive change in the form of good old U.S. Dollars.

I agree with the responses above. You can also use them in the Disney Stores when you return, if you haven't used them all. I've read that if you want to cash them back in to real dollars though you will need your original receipt. Go figure!

I heard from a Disney Store employee that you should only buy the disney dollars and not the disney gift cards because the gift cards cannot be used in the parks. Anyone else hear the same?

The only Disney Gift Cards I have heard of are for The Disney Store. If this is so, WDW and TDS are two separate entities. So, they wouldn't accept DGC's at WDW. However, TDS may be able to trade in the Disney $ at WDW. Just a hypothesis! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter