Simple vow renewal

Peachy0118

Mouseketeer
Hi all. Just new to checking this out... haven't even decided for sure, but what with everything going on right now, doesn't hurt to ask with all the extra time...

We are kind of thinking of doing a super simple vow renewal at Disneyland. Just us, maybe some close family or friends, pictures... we don't need anything really private, just a couple outfits, pictures, maybe a nice dinner (even Blue Bayou or something...) an excuse to pamper ourselves a bit... and of course just focus on us and the renewal.

My question is, can this happen in parks? And can someone point me in the right direction to start tentatively planning or at least researching this?

Forgive the "newbie" post...

Is it possible to just have a few of us in the park with a photographer, do the ceremony in public? We don't need it to be private or a big thing...

Is this even allowed?

Nope they don't allow ceremonies in the park (even tiny ones) with photographers that aren't part of the Disney wedding program. We looked into it a couple of years ago for a vow renewal and basically if you want it to happen in the park, you have to book a Disney wedding.

Nope they don't allow ceremonies in the park (even tiny ones) with photographers that aren't part of the Disney wedding program. We looked into it a couple of years ago for a vow renewal and basically if you want it to happen in the park, you have to book a Disney wedding.

Darn. Hmm.

Will they do non-private Disney weddings booked through them in the park? Everything I see is private and honestly, for just something so small and fun, it's not necessary for us...

I understand we could do a ceremony in a hotel or maybe Downtown Disney, but we would so much rather do it in the park itself. Even if it means hiring one of their photographers or whatever...

I've always wondered why Disney doesn't offer a small affordable wedding vow renewal. I bet there are a lot of couples that would love this. I know I would.

Darn. Hmm.

Will they do non-private Disney weddings booked through them in the park? Everything I see is private and honestly, for just something so small and fun, it's not necessary for us...

I understand we could do a ceremony in a hotel or maybe Downtown Disney, but we would so much rather do it in the park itself. Even if it means hiring one of their photographers or whatever...

any weddings in the park have to be booked through Disney Fairytale Weddings. Anyone caught trying to circumvent their rules could be thrown out, tickets or passes revoked, and ban from the park. Hiring their photographer is insufficient. You have you meet the minimum, which is pricey for a park wedding.

Darn. Hmm.

The only way to have ANY kind of wedding in the park is to book through the Disney weddings. They don't want people holding ceremonies in the public areas (SO many reasons, between traffic flow and breaking magic for other guests and the logistics of it, let alone the money they lose by not forcing you to book a venue and food and their own photogs/etc).

they have those options available. Or are you talking about not using Disney?

Would prefer to use Disney. We just want to keep it as minimal as possible... so if we can't be in the parks, somewhere on resort is better than nothing... but we just want simple and that seems rather difficult with Disney weddings and renewals.

The ceremony can be super small and short; we want it just us, maybe a couple friends, and then fun pictures around the parks. Would a ceremony like this be possible in Downtown Disney or the parks? Again, small, doesn't need to be official or fancy or anything...

Ralph Brennan's does weddings and vow renewals. You would just need to meet a food and beverage minimum: https://www.rbjazzkitchen.com/weddings/

Here's a couple I interviewed who had one there: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/downtown-disney-wedding-spotlight-jaime-sean/

Disney, doesn't base its pricing on the size of your group. Even for just two people you would need to pay the venue fee, food and beverage minimum and entertainment/decor fee for an in-park event that starts around $45,000 for Disneyland.

And, as others have stated, unofficial weddings/vow renewals inside the parks are not sanctioned, and you could be ejected from the park. I wouldn't want one of the most intimate and meaningful moments of my life to be conducted on the fly, constantly looking over my shoulder to see if I'm about to get caught...

Your best bet would be to book a hotel room with a park view and do your vow renewal there. There are no rules against this (as long as you aren't bothering other hotel guests), and you'll have all the privacy you could want.

Ralph Brennan's does weddings and vow renewals. You would just need to meet a food and beverage minimum: https://www.rbjazzkitchen.com/weddings/

Here's a couple I interviewed who had one there: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/downtown-disney-wedding-spotlight-jaime-sean/

Disney, doesn't base its pricing on the size of your group. Even for just two people you would need to pay the venue fee, food and beverage minimum and entertainment/decor fee for an in-park event that starts around $45,000 for Disneyland.

And, as others have stated, unofficial weddings/vow renewals inside the parks are not sanctioned, and you could be ejected from the park. I wouldn't want one of the most intimate and meaningful moments of my life to be conducted on the fly, constantly looking over my shoulder to see if I'm about to get caught...

Your best bet would be to book a hotel room with a park view and do your vow renewal there. There are no rules against this (as long as you aren't bothering other hotel guests), and you'll have all the privacy you could want.

Yes that may be the way we have to go. I don't have a problem paying, it just seems like there aren't really options for smaller sizes.

Thanks.

A cruise vow renewal might be something you should look into. The price is a lot lower than the parks and you can keep the guest count down. Disney World also has options for smaller groups

A cruise vow renewal might be something you should look into. The price is a lot lower than the parks and you can keep the guest count down. Disney World also has options for smaller groups

Another good suggestion. Thank you.

We actually did a destination wedding in the Dominican when we got married so we are hoping to do something not-tropical... Disneyworld may be an option. Can you do a ceremony on a cruise ship itself?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!