Simpsons ride at universal

julieannbabe

<font color=blue>I am a <font color=red>summer <fo
not sure what this ride is.

is it like a simulator?

can people get motion sickness on this?

thanks.

The Simpsons ride is a simulator ride - close to the Star Tours ride at Disneyland. You watch the screen and the capsule you're sitting in moves to match the action on the screen. With Star Tours, you're a bunch of people sitting in the simulator, but with the Simpson ride, it's like four people to a simulator.

If Star Tours or SeaWorld's Wild Arctic give you motion sickness, then this ride might, too.

The Simpsons ride is a simulator ride - close to the Star Tours ride at Disneyland. You watch the screen and the capsule you're sitting in moves to match the action on the screen. With Star Tours, you're a bunch of people sitting in the simulator, but with the Simpson ride, it's like four people to a simulator.

If Star Tours or SeaWorld's Wild Arctic give you motion sickness, then this ride might, too.

thanks - is it a bit like spiderman ride in florida? or like you say like star tours?

Similar to Star Tours except you've only got 6 or so to a car and it feels more open ( no roof on car although you're in a huge building). So I think even if Star Wars doesn't get you sick Simpsons might. But it's by far the best ride at Universal - lots of fun. They did a good job on entertainment in the queue too.

I have allot of motion issues, just close your eyes. You will be absolutely fine.

There is tons of moving and jerking about in the car but you are in the car all safe and sound all buckled up pretty tightly.

It is an absolute BLAST!!!!!

We did that ride last year and it totally got me sick feeling. My Daughter and Wife went again but there was no way I was going back. It was a hot day too and the simulator smelled like someone threw up a couple rides before. Nasty.

I agree with the others if motion simulators Get you sick avoid this ride.

Does that even work? I try holding my stomach holding my breath...but still get sick.

"Closing your eyes" … ? ABSOLUTELY. I do it all the time on rides that I have issues with … ugh there are even times on SOARIN' that I have to just shut my eyes and its all good!!! :thumbsup2

"Closing your eyes" … ? ABSOLUTELY. I do it all the time on rides that I have issues with … ugh there are even times on SOARIN' that I have to just shut my eyes and its all good!!! :thumbsup2

Wow, I will have to try harder, I guess. Make sure I am closing them all the way or something. :confused3

I too felt sick during the opening sequence of the Simpsons ride, but was OK once I closed my eyes. I don't get motion sick in a car or a plane or on a rollercoaster of anything, however this for me was BAD!

My whole family went on this ride last year and my wife about tossed her cookies and was pale for the next 4 hours. However, 1 time was enough for all of us as it got to us all a little bit.

When we went back a couple days later my youngest son and I were the only ones tough enough to try it again.

I get motion sickness in the backseat of any car. This ride gave me zero. The only ride that has gotten me was doing mission space in epcot the orange team or w/e.

I am the Queen of motion sickness. That being said I ride everything, (even Mission Space and Forbidden Journey at WWOHP) as long as I have taken Bonine meds. They are over the counter, and a life saver. I do however, have a time limit on a ride, and the Simpson's does push that, Seems like I get a good 2 minutes then the queaziness can start coming on. I love the Simpsons ride, if you are closing your eyes you miss it! it is fun for sure, but it is definitely one that can cause stomach distress.

I just re-read this thread and I think I am going to skip thids ride, since it is being compared to Star Tours. I went on Star Tours and OMG, I almost lost it. Now I will say, I have lost it on planes and back in the old days, cars.

Though I may look into the Bonine for rides like EE & BTMRR (Disney rides). But I wonder if with me, is it more "fear" of seeing the curves and feeling the speed, on the 2 mentioned WDW rides.:confused3

Anyway 24 more days until I get to see US, which I haven't seen in 6 years!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter