Since confession is good for the soul.....

Judy from Boise

Watch out – might take away your
I think you need to know that if we do a themepark trip this year, I am pretty sure it will be Universal Orlando.

I am willing to wait for DLR until more DCA is completed........I've been to WDW 6 times in the last 5 years.......and we may have to travel during school holidays.

Also there are so many new things I want to do there.....Manta at SW, the fabulous looking water park at SW, Rip Ride and Rock it, and Simpsons at Universal studios,and of course harry Potter at IOA!
And, that is on top of all my old favorites in all of those parks. We love big coasters and between the 3 parks we love to ride:

Hulk
100_0930.JPG

Fire and Ice ( my favorite)
100_1011.JPG

Mummy, and Kraken, and although mot a coaster, my DH enjoys Jurassic park.
100_0951.JPG

but beware it is dangerous territory
100_1008.JPG

speaking of danger....make sure not to have a spat with your spouse.....
DSCF0161.JPG

contrary to what you may think, bothe Universal parks are highly themed
100_1014.JPG

and, the area connecting the parks and the on site resorts are also themed and beautiful
IMG_0012.JPG

We have stayed concierge at both Hard Rock and (whatever the south pacific one is called) the food choices were well enough to make meals.
IMG_0015.JPG

We loved the Hard Rock. It has the best pool of any I have ever stayed at.
100_0880.JPG

we love the slide!
100_0891.JPG

712DSCF0156.JPG

of course the great advantage of traveling to UO during peak times is the front of the line option for on site guests. Coolest perk EVER.

We have spent Thanksgiving week and New years week there, and it made any crowds irrelelvant
712100_0907.JPG

and speaking of cool, how cool is petting dolphins for the price of admission to SW?
712DSCF0133.JPG

712DSCF0134.JPG

well, I feel better now. Do you think any less of me???????

Well, is sounds neat. They talk about it on the podcast here sometimes. But how can you be so close to WDW and not go there at least a little? :rotfl:
Is the Harry Potter thing opened yet? I thought that was still in the works. It sounded pretty nice though with the whole world re-created.

No I don't. It looks like fun. We haven't been to US because of the height requirements for the rides. Maybe this summer on our DL trip.

We are taking a non disney trip to USO and SW in November. Our age group consists of adults, 4 teenagers and a almost 8 year old. Staying offsite in a vacation home with a pool for less than what it costs to stay at POR. Were all ready for the big kid rides now lol:rotfl2:

I love Universal Orlando! Can't wait until DD is older so we can take her. :)

Ahhh... you make me REALLY WANT TO GO!! We have never been to US there or SW. I'm not so interested in SW because there is one near us in San Diego, but I really would like to visit US one time.

... and totally OT, Judy, but Mackenzie has grown into a really lovely young lady!!

Great pics! I would love to go to USO someday. We just can't justify flying all the way to FL and not going to WDW. Then it gets too expensive to go to USO also. But one day...

Oh cool!!!!! If confession is good then I confess that DBF and I are glad to have a DLR break for a while, and we are considering heading to San Diego for beaches and "other" theme parks this summer. :) We may even skip theme parks altogether for a JUST beach vacation this year. :) Hawaii has been mentioned. ;)

Sounds like fun. We haven't been since the mid 90's. Most of my kids don't like to ride the"big rides". I can't imagine how much they have added. I know they have added an entire other park and Harry Potter would be very tempting. I really liked the last film and I'm not the biggest fan of the franchise.

As I get older I have made a commitment to myself that I need to get the National Parks done as well. I try to add them to my Disney Vacations. We did Yosemite last year and I was disappointed that I didn't give it enough time. We are thinking of the Grand Canyon this year. It's so close to California too.

Anyways have fun in Florida and bring back some pictures. What exactly do you like about the pool? What is the slide like? My kids love all pools especially ones with slides. It would be interesting to hear more about it.

My kids are pushing for a Universal Orlando/IoA trip. They love the idea of the bigger rides and my dd(12) is over the top excited about the WWoHP. I started pricing out a trip, but a great price on flights Maui took my interest away, so we're going there this month. Flying from Seattle to Orlando is a bit expensive, unfortunately. :( Maybe 2011?

But honestly, I am willing to wait until DCA is done and DL has dealt with some of their AP issues before comitting anymore family time there.

Sounds like fun. We haven't been since the mid 90's. Most of my kids don't like to ride the"big rides". I can't imagine how much they have added. I know they have added an entire other park and Harry Potter would be very tempting. I really liked the last film and I'm not the biggest fan of the franchise.

As I get older I have made a commitment to myself that I need to get the National Parks done as well. I try to add them to my Disney Vacations. We did Yosemite last year and I was disappointed that I didn't give it enough time. We are thinking of the Grand Canyon this year. It's so close to California too.

Anyways have fun in Florida and bring back some pictures. What exactly do you like about the pool? What is the slide like? My kids love all pools especially ones with slides. It would be interesting to hear more about it.

The pool is huge, parts of it have zero entry, other parts have sitting ledges, it is a sand bottom, the slide is long and zippy, there are hot tubs scattered all around, and best of all it has underwater music piped into the pool. Classic rock soundtrack.
There are lots of lounging options and great poolside eating options. We try and eat one lunch at the pool so we have an excuse to snort up their great nachos!(and selected adult beverages ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter