Sindbad stunt show at Islands of Adventure Closing Sep 15th, 2018

True could do something with Azkaban, but in general rather see something else there. I love the HP stuff, and HP in general but feel that is a good land currently. Do want to see Ministry of Magic go in where the Fear Factor stage is though. They could put more HP, maybe Fantastic Beasts stuff like MACUSA or something into the new park. But rather see something with a similar feel to the current Lost Continent remain. Like the mythology stuff and the look of the land but it needs some actual rides. Could put in some good rides there with similar theme. Like make a dark ride with a similar story/theme to Poseidon's Fury just make it a dark ride, and keep the water tunnel

I'm torn.

If they put more HP stuff in. it could spread the HP crowds out OR it could bring more HP people into the parks.

Pretty sure the new park is going to include fantastic beast stuff just because of the name.

I do think Lost Continent could be better utilized, but I think its beautifully themed the way it is. Any changes to it would likely mean Mythos would need to be re-themed too. It wouldn't fit in well with a Potter area. I can understand the draw for more Potter, but kind of hoping they do something else with it.

We missed the Poseidon fury show. We would have stopped at park closing but it was already closed before that point. My kids enjoyed the Sinbad show a lot. I think that is one that could have stayed. My son liked sitting in the wet section as well.

To go along with the new attraction in each park every year I have a question...Does the Jurassic Park World update count as a new attraction? When is that supposed to open?

Just wondering because if JPW update doesn't count or it opens in 2019, same year as the new HP coaster then they need an attraction for 2020. HOWEVER if the JPW update gets put off until early 2020 then we are looking for a 2021 attraction WHICH COULD very well be the rumored Nintendoland Hyrule section. That is still tight with build time but if its just one E ticket attraction then its isn't impossible.

IMO the Mario Kart tech they will be using in Japan they are having issues with and that is why we haven't gotten anything movement at the USO park.

One other thing to watch is the Fear Factor building was rumored to be demolished this Fall for the HP Ministry of Magic ride. However, I have not seen anything officially announced yet as to the closing of the Fear Factor attraction.

To go along with the new attraction in each park every year I have a question...Does the Jurassic Park World update count as a new attraction? When is that supposed to open?

Just wondering because if JPW update doesn't count or it opens in 2019, same year as the new HP coaster then they need an attraction for 2020. HOWEVER if the JPW update gets put off until early 2020 then we are looking for a 2021 attraction WHICH COULD very well be the rumored Nintendoland Hyrule section. That is still tight with build time but if its just one E ticket attraction then its isn't impossible.

IMO the Mario Kart tech they will be using in Japan they are having issues with and that is why we haven't gotten anything movement at the USO park.

One other thing to watch is the Fear Factor building was rumored to be demolished this Fall for the HP Ministry of Magic ride. However, I have not seen anything officially announced yet as to the closing of the Fear Factor attraction.

What Jurassic update are you referring to?

Okay, don't blast me, but I've always thought Mythos reminded me of the Chamber of Secrets...View attachment 345665 View attachment 345666
Would probably be able to rework it to that but think if they did extend Potter into that area and did a Chamber of Secrets attraction then Poseidon's Fury would be a better location. The water tunnel coudl be like the pipes and the final chamber could be like the large area where Harry confronted the basilisk and Riddle.

Suggest you read the California forum for info

This forum is about the Orlando parks

Wouldn’t be surprised to see same overlay at IoA eventually Animatronics may eventually be past their shelf life

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts