Sindbad's Storybook Voyage

FireflyFi

My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
I'm going to be at the parks November 19-22, coming all the way from Australia, and couldn't be more excited! So imagine my disappointment when I discover SSV will be closed from the 18th...! I've read such good things about this ride and I was really looking forward to it.

The thing is, I'll be in Tokyo from the 15th, which is a Friday (although probably arriving late-ish from Osaka). Should I try and visit the park on an earlier day to catch this ride? Maybe get a twilight pass or something? From what I've read it's not a super popular ride, so I would hope that I could pretty much walk on. Any thoughts?

I'm going to be at the parks November 19-22, coming all the way from Australia, and couldn't be more excited! So imagine my disappointment when I discover SSV will be closed from the 18th...! I've read such good things about this ride and I was really looking forward to it.

The thing is, I'll be in Tokyo from the 15th, which is a Friday (although probably arriving late-ish from Osaka). Should I try and visit the park on an earlier day to catch this ride? Maybe get a twilight pass or something? From what I've read it's not a super popular ride, so I would hope that I could pretty much walk on. Any thoughts?

I love Sindbad's Storybook Voyage! I'm so disappointed that it will be closed when I visit in November. If your budget can accommodate a twilight ticket, I would go for it. There are a lot of great attractions in Disney Sea, so you could make a night of it and get some beautiful night shots of the park.

Thanks, guys! I'm pretty set on the idea of going on the Friday night, as long as the day in Osaka and train ride over makes the timing work. :thumbsup2

And good point on taking photos at night!

The tiger from the ride is so adorable, that I went straight to a gift shop afterwards to buy a stuffed one :) Most of the ride wait times were torture, but we waited maybe 20 minutes for that one. It is definitely worth it, even if you ride nothing else and just walk around the park. It has to be one of the most elaborate disney parks in the world!

Enjoy your trip!

The tiger from the ride is so adorable, that I went straight to a gift shop afterwards to buy a stuffed one :) Most of the ride wait times were torture, but we waited maybe 20 minutes for that one. It is definitely worth it, even if you ride nothing else and just walk around the park. It has to be one of the most elaborate disney parks in the world!

Enjoy your trip!

What date(s) were you in the park? Even at the height of summer, Sindbad was walk-on, but that was midweek.... once on a Thursday and Once on a Monday, both in August.

This ride was a surprise highlight from our trip in June this year. An evening in TDS is well worth re-jigging your timetable if you are able.

Just one tip, if you haven't visited before or don't speak Japanese, do ask the attendants for an English card on the way into the ride. It just explains Sinbad's story - it certainly helped us enjoy it more fully - and makes a nice little keepsake.

We didn't have a wait at all, this was a walk on... mid afternoon ( but also mid week), although as others have said, it loads very efficiently and quickly so it shouldn't be too bad at most times.

Lisa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter