Single Lesbians? Are you out there?

I live in AZ and have a WDW annual pass. I go two or three times a year. Only once so far this year, but have had a really crappy year so far so I may, or may not go back in sept or Oct. If not I'll be thre again at the end of Jan begining of Sept. The good thing about driving to WDW and having an AP is you get free parking at the parks, so essentially you can stay at a cheaper hotel a little further away. That is what we do if and when we go to DL.
I hear you on the crappy year. :\ Although I think most people may be having a crappy year too. That is awesome you have an AP for WDW! You said you are single; who do you usually go with? I've poked around in the Adults and Solo Travelers thread but don't think I'd be brave enough to do that. The only person at the moment that I'd want to go with would be my ex, as we had a handful of good trips there over the years. I don't think I knew about the free parking with the AP - I'll have to remember that.

I usua
I hear you on the crappy year. :\ Although I think most people may be having a crappy year too. That is awesome you have an AP for WDW! You said you are single; who do you usually go with? I've poked around in the Adults and Solo Travelers thread but don't think I'd be brave enough to do that. The only person at the moment that I'd want to go with would be my ex, as we had a handful of good trips there over the years. I don't think I knew about the free parking with the AP - I'll have to remember that.
I usually go with my brother and his husband, or I have a friend I travel with. I had a best friend and her wife, but for some reason they didn't want to be friends anymore as our lives were moving on different paths. So next Jan I'll be there with my brother and his husband, but my other friend and his roommate will be there. Well they will be there in sept too, but I'm not sure if I can swing it. If my brother cancels Hawaii I'll have some DVC points I have to use and so I might do a solo trip in Oct, or Sept.

I usua

I usually go with my brother and his husband, or I have a friend I travel with. I had a best friend and her wife, but for some reason they didn't want to be friends anymore as our lives were moving on different paths. So next Jan I'll be there with my brother and his husband, but my other friend and his roommate will be there. Well they will be there in sept too, but I'm not sure if I can swing it. If my brother cancels Hawaii I'll have some DVC points I have to use and so I might do a solo trip in Oct, or Sept.
Oh wow, you and your brother are both gay? And both love Disney. That kind of bond is really special. That is too bad though about your best friend. Maybe things will change and you will reconnect with her. Who ever knows what people are going through, maybe the wife was insecure, etc. Have you done solo trips before? People on the other thread seem to love it, but it seems like it would get sort of lonely. Maybe that's just me though, being self-conscious and not confident enough!

I hope to take a solo trip soon. I have not taken one before, but I look forward to my first one. We just scheduled a trip for Sept. So just over a month away. We are really close. We are twins for a month and a week. Same age. We've always been close.

Well that is really cool about the possible solo trip. I'm curious what you (and others who do solo trips) look forward to and enjoy by themselves that they can't do with others. I could envision myself spending a lot more time slowing down, taking in things I wouldn't normally notice like the background music and details of the theming, and probably just sitting and people-watching. It could be so relaxing! Disney can be hectic with all the pre-planning and crowds; it would be amazing to have calm, relaxing trips there.

Well that is really cool about the possible solo trip. I'm curious what you (and others who do solo trips) look forward to and enjoy by themselves that they can't do with others. I could envision myself spending a lot more time slowing down, taking in things I wouldn't normally notice like the background music and details of the theming, and probably just sitting and people-watching. It could be so relaxing! Disney can be hectic with all the pre-planning and crowds; it would be amazing to have calm, relaxing trips there.

You pretty much nailed it! I can do what I want when I want. I want to enjoy the whole amazingly well-themed queue at Flight of Passage? No one is going to whine to me about the wait. I want to ride Na’vi multiple times? Fine! I want to skip lunch and just have a snack, then eat somewhere nice for dinner? No problem!

I’m single and travel solo almost all the time and LOVE it!! I did do a cruise one time with a friend (JUST a friend), and even having the understanding that we did not have to be joined at the hip and we did do separate things, by the end of the trip we were both ready for alone time.

You pretty much nailed it! I can do what I want when I want. I want to enjoy the whole amazingly well-themed queue at Flight of Passage? No one is going to whine to me about the wait. I want to ride Na’vi multiple times? Fine! I want to skip lunch and just have a snack, then eat somewhere nice for dinner? No problem!

I’m single and travel solo almost all the time and LOVE it!! I did do a cruise one time with a friend (JUST a friend), and even having the understanding that we did not have to be joined at the hip and we did do separate things, by the end of the trip we were both ready for alone time.
Haha, sounds like you really thrive on the solo trips! I would love to be that way. I like your examples too, exploring the theming in the queues, riding things multiple times just because (I would definitely do this with Pirates and Mansion), and being spontaneous with meals. I used to love taking pictures at the parks too but that would be better solo so I don't have to hold people up all the time! Do you feel safe traveling solo? I'm sure on Disney property you feel safe alone, but airports and everything too? Do you only stay on property?

Haha, sounds like you really thrive on the solo trips! I would love to be that way. I like your examples too, exploring the theming in the queues, riding things multiple times just because (I would definitely do this with Pirates and Mansion), and being spontaneous with meals. I used to love taking pictures at the parks too but that would be better solo so I don't have to hold people up all the time! Do you feel safe traveling solo? I'm sure on Disney property you feel safe alone, but airports and everything too? Do you only stay on property?

I have no issues traveling solo. I have gone to London, Dublin, Florence, Barcelona, and Rome solo as well as gone on cruises solo. And of course Disney.

I do stay on property because I live in NYC and have not had a car since 2006. Renting one, especially in Florida, is NOT where I need to try driving again!

I have no issues traveling solo. I have gone to London, Dublin, Florence, Barcelona, and Rome solo as well as gone on cruises solo. And of course Disney.

I do stay on property because I live in NYC and have not had a car since 2006. Renting one, especially in Florida, is NOT where I need to try driving again!
Lol, good plan about avoiding driving in Florida. I've done it many times, and it is a special experience for sure. I just live one state up in Georgia, so driving is really the most efficient way to get there for me. Gotta say, as nice as it was to stay on property the one time I've done it, I definitely missed the continental breakfast at the Hampton! It's almost a toss-up for me. : )

You have been to so many amazing places! And wow, I'm completely impressed with your level of solo travel mastery! Geez, Rome and Florence too. You go girl! You motivate me to believe I don't need no woman in order to see the world.

I am looking forward to my first solo trip. I enjoy being in the Disney bubble but my brother, whom I travel with the most, his husband prefers to have a car. They like to eat off property becuase the options are cheaper. I like the magical express. Tragical express not so much.

I am looking forward to my first solo trip. I enjoy being in the Disney bubble but my brother, whom I travel with the most, his husband prefers to have a car. They like to eat off property becuase the options are cheaper. I like the magical express. Tragical express not so much.
Aw, the Tragical Express. That is so sad. It's the same way when you drive down full of excitement and then drive back up in relative silence and sadness. I actually remember that from my childhood too. Family vacations to Florida always ended with a hectic drive at dusk through Atlanta traffic, the worst ending to a vacation. I like having a car at Disney too, like your brother's husband. It's convenient. But I guess that was before all the parking fees, so it might not be worth it anymore. What kind of things are you looking forward to doing solo that you can't or don't do with your brother?

Aw, the Tragical Express. That is so sad. It's the same way when you drive down full of excitement and then drive back up in relative silence and sadness. I actually remember that from my childhood too. Family vacations to Florida always ended with a hectic drive at dusk through Atlanta traffic, the worst ending to a vacation. I like having a car at Disney too, like your brother's husband. It's convenient. But I guess that was before all the parking fees, so it might not be worth it anymore. What kind of things are you looking forward to doing solo that you can't or don't do with your brother?
My brother is a kinda go go go guy and I want to, just one time be really leasurely. Not walk 14 miles a day. lol

My brother is a kinda go go go guy and I want to, just one time be really leasurely. Not walk 14 miles a day. lol
Hahaha, I have had that problem too, being go go go and trying to see it all. Funny enough, I've been that way at Disney World since I was a little kid. There are old family videos of us walking through the park and I am 20 feet in front of the family doing the whole "Come oonnnnn!!" thing. Lol. Proud moments for sure. And I still get that excited! I guess theoretically if I didn't have someone slowing me down I could run around the park all day if I wanted to, lol. 14 miles? I can do TWENTY.

Hahaha, I have had that problem too, being go go go and trying to see it all. Funny enough, I've been that way at Disney World since I was a little kid. There are old family videos of us walking through the park and I am 20 feet in front of the family doing the whole "Come oonnnnn!!" thing. Lol. Proud moments for sure. And I still get that excited! I guess theoretically if I didn't have someone slowing me down I could run around the park all day if I wanted to, lol. 14 miles? I can do TWENTY.
I bet. I'm sure my brother could do more. I like to step back and do the Sorcer Mickey, that can slow you down. You sometimes have to slow down or you miss things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!