Single Parent Meets

Hi everyone :wave2: ,
I'm a single Mom to a 9 year old daughter princess: . I just found this forum and this thread. What a great idea! I always wondered about taking a cruise and whether I would be the only single there. I'm happy to see that other single parents taking cruises.
By the way, DD and I will be at WDW 10/2 through 10/10, in case anyone else is going. We are getting APs for the first time, so I'm hoping we'll also go back another time or two in the next year, maybe over MLK weekend or maybe the first week in June, after school lets out.

Single parent traveling with DS (5) 10/30 - 11/6 staying at POFQ.
Can't wait!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Anyone interested in having kids play together, roam the parks, a day at the pool, whatever... please let me know!

We have tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween night!

I'll be there with my DS (5) and dd (8) at the POFQ but not until dec 30th. It would have great if we were there the same time. maybe next yr. Have agreat time and please post when you get back and let me know how it was.
Valerie

:wave2:

Hi There!

For those of you that will be at MNSSHP on October 31st! I don't know if you know but we are having a Meet!

I also am I single mom with a DD12, and we will be there that night!

We are all meeting, not just single parents, in front of

Haunted Mansion

7:30 p.m.

Come on Over and join in on the fun!

Scratch
:wave:

PS We are also going to be at BCV December 25 - Jan 2.

Hi Scratch,
I will be at the POFQ on Dec 30-Jan 1. maybe we can get together. We were planning on doing MGM ( and fantasmic ) on dec 31st.
Valerie

We are going to be doing Cirque for NYE!

I let DD pick since I am doing the Richard Petty Driving Experience earlier in the week.

What are you doing after Fantasmic?

Scratch
pirate:

We are seeing the early show of fantasmic and we have no plans after that. What about you? it would be great to meet a fellow dis person.
Valerie

Val,

How late do you plan on staying up? We are at the 9:00 p.m. of Cirque.

Are you doing CP on the 30th by chance. We will be at Epcot that night for the 8:15 reading.

Scratch
pirate:

Hi,
We are going to the Luau on the 30th. We have the early seating. After that I was thinking about doing some shopping in DTD. We are going to Epcot on the 31st (AM) and then heading to MGM later. I have no plans after FAntasmic other then to see the osborne lights. What time does your show end?
On the 1st we have a ps for 19oo park faire (breakfast ) and then maybe playing some mini golf. We are leaving that night.
Valerie

Hi Val,

The Cirque show, I believe is 1 1/2 hours but could be a little longer. This should take us to at least 11 - 11:30 p.m. Were planning on just hanging around DTD. Maybe ice cream if the shop is still open?

The 30th we are doing San Angel for 5:00 and then the 8:00 CP.

The 1st we are at CRT for Breaky maybe we can meet up at MK?

Scratch
pirate:

hopefully we'll be able to hook up somewhere. I know I won't go to the parks on the 1st since we are leaving that day. I planned on the character breakfast and maybe mini golf and shopping. Maybe we can hook up one of the other nights. Here is my e-mail
vjb1007@optonline.net

hope to hear from you soon
Valerie

Hi Val,

I will get my schedule all set up so I know exactly what is what and then I will email!LOL

There's gotta be something we can do!

Chat Soon!

Scratch
aka Janet
pirate:

Well, I know I am way in advance here but:

Single mom
DD 9
Younger cousin 13
Traveling August 13-22
:cloud9:

I was on the boards for a while then just kind of fell off during the fall. Trying to stay too busy. This single parent stuff is well "busy"!

ValDisney Hi again!

Our Trip begins next week and we will be there until January 6th.! I can't wait! I am soo excited now that it is really close!

It will be our first trip solo without husband/father. Really very sad but making the best of it!

So who will be there during these dates? I have missed so much on this board. We will be at POR -FQ during our stay.

Valerie

My husband doesn't come on all the trips I make (we live fairly close to WDW), so I travel as I am single. I will be there this coming weekend from 1/7 to 1/10 with just my 12 yr old daughter... staying at AS-Sports... anyone else that weekend with the same age child????

Hi Everyone,
After returning from WDW just recently, I am now planning a OCT. visit.
I am planning on taking dd (8) and ds (5) On Oct20-26.
I will def do MNSSHP.
Anyone plnning on going during this time. It would be great to meet up.

Valerie :cool1:

OK, here goes, looks like DS (9) and I (m/35) will be making our annual trip August 27-Sep 3. No idea yet where we are staying - going to try out Skyauction I think.

We will be going to Disney first 2/20-2/24 staying at ASMovies then going to Universal then back to Disney's Contemporary for 2/27-3/4.Any other single parents there during this time? My sons like to do their own thing in the evenings and it would be cool to find other adults to do things with.

MsMulan said:
Well, I know I am way in advance here but:

Single mom
DD 9
Younger cousin 13
Traveling August 13-22
:cloud9:

Hi :wave2:
We're arriving early the 21st leaving the 26th of Aug. It's myself, my dd9, another single mom, her dd9, and her ds5. If you're around the 21st we could meet up.
~Liz

I WOULD LIKE TO GO DOWN TO WDW IN AUGUST WITH MY DD 9 .I'VE BEEN TO WDW 4 TIMES BEFORE BUT ALWAYS WITH MY WHOLE FAMILY(HUSBAND AND SONS).I'M A LITTLE HESITANT ABOUT TRAVELING ALONE WITH MY DAUGHTER .CAN ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS TRAVELLED ALONE WITH CHILDREN REASSURE ME THAT I CAN MAKE A TRIP ALONE WITHOUT BEING A LITTLE NERVOUS . ::MinnieMo princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter