Single Parent Meets

I am taking my son (3) on the Disney Wonder April 9th -13th from Miami to Bahamas..would love to meet a few of you!:)

Single mom staying at Old Key West 2/19/14 to 2/22/14 and then cruising on Disney Dream 4 days. returning to beach club villas 2/27 to 3/2. Taking 3 kids. DS 10 DS 8 and DD 7. We've gone every year since oldest was born. Anyone else going on cruise or in WDW in February? Would love to meet.

Thank you for this post! I'm getting divorced and was a bit down (well sometimes more than a bit) about not having a partner on this trip and being surrounded by families and couples. But it made me think how my trip to WDW in 2012 with just me and kids was amazing. No adult meltdowns. We ate Mickey bars for dinner so we could ride more rides and ate dinner in bed on a rainy day! I didn't miss him then so why the heck should I miss him this trip!

Thank you for this post! I'm getting divorced and was a bit down (well sometimes more than a bit) about not having a partner on this trip and being surrounded by families and couples. But it made me think how my trip to WDW in 2012 with just me and kids was amazing. No adult meltdowns. We ate Mickey bars for dinner so we could ride more rides and ate dinner in bed on a rainy day! I didn't miss him then so why the heck should I miss him this trip!

Hey I was just reading the end of this thread and your post spoke to me. The most empowering thing I EVER did as a single parent was way back in 1999 when I took my 2 small children to WDW alone for Christmas (after my divorce). It was the most amazing trip I have ever done, so much so that we went for Christmas the next 5 years straight! Do it if you can financially, as the feelings of empowerment and bonding with your children cannot be matched.

As of last year, my children are out on their own and young adults, so my NEW dilemma is solo travel! We stress so much when things change, but I think if we can keep the right attitude, we will really have a great time, either alone or with our children!:hug:

I'm a married single mom of a wonderful 14 year old and we travel everywhere together. My husband is too busy working or with friends to enjoy life with us. I don't let that stop me......I'm living my life now!

2013 I took my son and his best friend to Disney and Universal for 10 days and loved every second of it. I rented a house and car and let the boys pick our schedule. I'm anxiously planning the next trip for 2015 spring break and think February 26 to March 7 will work. It's a long way off but I'd love to meet other moms with 14/15 year olds!!

I'm a married single mom of a wonderful 14 year old and we travel everywhere together. My husband is too busy working or with friends to enjoy life with us. I don't let that stop me......I'm living my life now!

Wow this sounds like me with the exception of my being the dad and my daughter being much younger. My wife never seems to want to go so i finally decided to start going without her lol.

Wow this sounds like me with the exception of my being the dad and my daughter being much younger. My wife never seems to want to go so i finally decided to start going without her lol.

People often have trouble accepting the fact that we are together but separate. I'm use to it as it's always been that way. I travelled with my DS for the first time when he was 1 and realized it helped to build our strong relationship. We love parks, crowds, weird weather, long lines, crappy food......in other words Disney and Universal Parks!! DH will be off to Vegas next year with just the guys for his 50th while I hit Orlando again. Wondering what I'll do with myself when DS doesn't want to travel anymore. Adopt a kid perhaps!!! Lol

2013 I took my son and his best friend to Disney and Universal for 10 days and loved every second of it. I rented a house and car and let the boys pick our schedule. I'm anxiously planning the next trip for 2015 spring break and think February 26 to March 7 will work. It's a long way off but I'd love to meet other moms with 14/15 year olds!!
Ill start planning next year soon after we return from this trip. Def feb 2015 break as my season passes just get me thru the 2015 feb break! My boys will be nearly 12 and 10 next year but I'm sure kids would have fun and might make it easier for us! ��

Ill start planning next year soon after we return from this trip. Def feb 2015 break as my season passes just get me thru the 2015 feb break! My boys will be nearly 12 and 10 next year but I'm sure kids would have fun and might make it easier for us!

People often have trouble accepting the fact that we are together but separate.

I am sort of in this same boat. Sometimes I wonder how many more are in this same boat.:confused3

But I am not going to let that stop me from having fun with my daughter. :thumbsup2

People often have trouble accepting the fact that we are together but separate. I'm use to it as it's always been that way. I travelled with my DS for the first time when he was 1 and realized it helped to build our strong relationship. We love parks, crowds, weird weather, long lines, crappy food......in other words Disney and Universal Parks!! DH will be off to Vegas next year with just the guys for his 50th while I hit Orlando again. Wondering what I'll do with myself when DS doesn't want to travel anymore. Adopt a kid perhaps!!! Lol

This makes me sad, I can't imagine DH not wanting to vacation with us, being too busy with work or friends. I consider DH my best friend, and can't imagine not spending time with him, and our kids.

I am glad that you are able to enjoy time with DS.

:banana:I love this thread! I am going 5/31-6/7 with my daughter and I was scared of just us going by ourselves but after reading this thread I am so excited about the bonding time and how much fun we are going to have. Thanks everyone!
Looking forward to my trip. Anyone else with 11 year old kids going around the same time holler!

I've taken my daughter at least once a year since she turned 5. We just celebrated her 8th birthday this past December there... as she gets older I can totally see our "Disney bond" grow and change especially now that she's almost as much of a Disney nut as I am. It's really a great experience to share with your child/ren and I love to see other single parents there with their children. We are not going back together until June, then again in November, but I totally cherish those moments with her.

This makes me sad, I can't imagine DH not wanting to vacation with us, being too busy with work or friends. I consider DH my best friend, and can't imagine not spending time with him, and our kids.

I am glad that you are able to enjoy time with DS.

Yes there are times when I realize how sad it is that my DH does not enjoy being with us. Last fall he suffered 2 heart attacks and I thought that might scare him into changing his priorities. No luck. We were invited to Jamaica for a week in March with best friends but he refuses to go. He did however book himself on a 4 day "man trip" in April. In 18 years I've begged and pleaded with him to choose us first. To find happiness in us. No luck. I now have the attitude that as long as he keeps paying for our lives (we own a business), I'll enjoy that life.

So my son and I do as we please when we please and I'm use to it. Two years ago I brought my best friend and her two girls with us to WDW and told DH he was paying for it. He did without a question! It's fun for me to plan a trip for my DS and his best friend without having to ask an adult for their input. I have to keep looking on the bright side because the opposite is too dark :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!