Single Rider lines

huskerfanatic7

Mouseketeer
Is there a list of the rides that have Single rider lines? If im doing a solo trip do I need Express pass for early December or will single rider lines do that for me? THanks

The Universal App lists them also.

From memory, these have single rider lines:
Forbidden Journey
Escape from Gringotts
Mummy
Transformers
Hulk
Men in Black (very fast SRL)
RRR (the slowest of the SLRs)
Spiderman (often, not always)
Minions (recently added it)
Kong? (lists it, but I never saw it open over 5 days last year)

Best place to check is on the Universal Orlando website. Go to "Things To Do" -> "Rides and Attractions" from the menu.

Then when there, go to the filter for "Accessibility Options". There is an option there to filter on "Single Rider". It officially lists:
  • Mummy
  • Spider-Man
  • Hulk
  • MIB
  • Transformers
  • Dr. Doom
  • Forbidden Journey
  • Gringotts
  • Rip Ride Rockit
Doesn't show Kong (and as others have noted, it never seems to have one open) or Minions (as they've just added it, but perhaps it not official yet as maybe they're just testing it out still).

If you are a Single Rider with EP - which line is generally best? Going to be facing this choice quite a bit in November.

During light crowd days if that matters.

I usually do the EP lines. A few of the single rider lines get backed up (looking at you, Gringotts!) Some of the single rider lines skip much of the queue, especially Forbidden Journey, and I love the castle.

Faster single rider lines, off the top of my head, are usually MIB, Dr Doom, sometimes Rip Ride Rockit, sometimes Mummy.

I do not know about what is the best lines, as typically SR lines are all pretty short and you really do not see much of anything. Unless I really want to see a particular queue, I typically do SR lines period, even if there is no wait for a ride, as the walk itself saves time.

The only thing I can think of is recommending doing RRR and Gringotts first thing in the morning, as those are the ones likely to back up, or sometimes close (Gringotts). Might as well get those out of the way and do the SR rides that are less likely to back up.

Agree with others that if you have EP I'd do that line for most of them. SR skips most of the queues so thematic queues you miss out on a lot. the biggest ones for these would be the HP ones mostly, and maybe Mummy and Kong (if SR was open). Though coudl probably hit SR after going through it once if wanted.
Dr. Doom is the biggest one to hit up I'd say. Dont' miss much of anyhting in the queue and the SR is very hidden so hardly ever anyone in it so can pretty much walk right on.

I'm not that concerned about the queues since I've seen them all. But I know I'll be taking the SR line for RRR - which was the old EP line. The extra loop you have to walk now for EP takes you over that high walkway with a cable railing. Sounds stupid, but I got more wobbly kneed and nervous walking that than anything that RRR has on the ride itself.

We have had great success in SRLs with my fam. We normally ride as a group once and then do SRL if we want to re-ride things. The only rides I have ever felt like I waited on were RRR (which I don't enjoy and prob wont ride again) and Spiderman if/when the SRL is open.
Since you say early December for your timeframe - I'd say most of December you should do well using mostly SRL. I would DEFINITELY not spend the extra for EP.

If you are a Single Rider with EP - which line is generally best? Going to be facing this choice quite a bit in November.

During light crowd days if that matters.
If you have EP, I'd use that. My DD rode Hulk last September alone (not a ride I like). She did once SR and once EP. In the SR line she had to wait longer as the took EP riders first.

when i was there this past november there was a king kong single rider line..well thats generous because it is to the left of the main entrance and it reminds me a bit of spidermans because spidermans isn’t a legit queue..or atleast wasn’t when we were there. They have you in a hallway near the gift shop. Similar with king kong they clearly just put you in a hallway leading into another side door of the building and called it a single rider. I don’t think this attraction makes sense to have a single rider because the rows of seats don’t have an official amount. Based on the people in line, the first row can have 8 people while the second can have 10 and the third can have 7 (random number but you get the point). So the line went SO SLOW.

I would always use EP over single rider. I was a solo traveler in May and used single rider as I truly was solo and there were lots of groups trying to get shorter waits in the single rider line. I completely understand it's their right to do so and no one complained when separated, but its not always as fast as you think it would be. Once my express pass option started at 4 I always used that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!