Singles Meets on the Ships

Hi Gina & Figment52.

would you please have yourself cloned, and send one to Texas?
in Michigan too.

When next on the Magic, I'll flush the toilet without first closing the lid. THAT should send part of me to Texas and some to Michigan...

Hi Dawn Hope.

I dare suspect that you might find an entourage if you attend during your scheduled voyage.

Perhaps. But with my luck the entourage will consist of too many former blind-date recommendees from my Mom's friends (reminiscent of that ever-popular Jimmy Deanowitz movie 'Yentas Without A Cause.')...

New to this thread but had to chime in:

Originally posted by Francisca64
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to meet another single mom (or dad) who understands that it would be nice to have someone to chat with at Palo's (can't miss the souffle, can I?) or to drag out on the dance floor while the kiddies are kicking up their heels in their clubs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm with you Francisca64, so I was going to 'brave' the singles events for those exact reasons.

But since I'm sailing the same time BD is... with quotes like:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dare suspect that you might find an entourage if you attend during your scheduled voyage.

But with my luck the entourage will consist of too many former blind-date recommendees from my Mom's friends (reminiscent of that ever-popular Jimmy Deanowitz movie 'Yentas Without A Cause.')...

I must say I'm a bit intimidated and confused as to which scares me more... being considered part of an 'entourage' or being a considered blind date or Yenta reject:confused: :confused:

Those comments aside, BD, I was however hoping to swap some laughs and single parent stories on our cruise. (Can we just pretend to forget the 'single and eligible' part and just be fellow 'disers' ok?)

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
Hi Gina & Figment52.

When next on the Magic, I'll flush the toilet without first closing the lid. THAT should send part of me to Texas and some to Michigan...

And remember. B.D., you have 2 planned stops in Michigan.... you had promised me a lunch!! :D :D

I was however hoping to swap some laughs and single parent stories on our cruise. (Can we just pretend to forget the 'single and eligible' part and just be fellow 'disers' ok?)

THAT, my dear vcasey, would be a pleasure.

And remember. B.D., you have 2 planned stops in Michigan.... you had promised me a lunch!!

You are right, Lisa. I'll have to flush the toilet that much harder... lol.

Somebody should suggest to DCL to have the singles meet one evening at Palo's for dinner. I bet more people would show up and those who don't want to dine alone would be thankful.

just my opinion.........

Originally posted by MBFergie
Somebody should suggest to DCL to have the singles meet one evening at Palo's for dinner. I bet more people would show up and those who don't want to dine alone would be thankful.

just my opinion.........

What a great idea - I'd go.

Maybe DCL can entice more "grands" to come aboard...I would dearly love to attend a 'singles' lunch...'course I could come any way...just know some of you 'youn'ns want a chaparone...LOL:jester: :jester: :jester:

I went to Barb's site to see if there was a single's meet on the 3 day and there is. So I might just go check it out next month on the cruise. DD will be in the club and it's at the bar. Hey, I could have a drink.;)

Hey sdoane.

a single's meet on the 3 day and there is. So I might just go check it out next month on the cruise. DD will be in the club and it's at the bar. Hey, I could have a drink.

A drink is a good idea. The mathamatical formula is: the stronger the drink, the more appealing the opposite sex (or the more appealing of whatever you're attracted to - darn, this "politically correct"ness is a pain)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter