Sinus Pain and Flight Tomorrow

Shelly F - Ohio

Disney Extraordinaire
UGH sinus pain started yesterday and we fly to WDW tomorrow night. I have taken a hot shower which helped a bit. Drank hot liquids an ate soup. Used Vicks nose spray. Increased the humidity on the humidifier. Been using a hot moist rice sock against my sinuses off and on.

We are only going away for 3 nights just hope it does not bother me when flying. Plan to use the nose spray an hour before boarding.

Is there something else I can try that my fellow Diser's can think of?

I used to work for pilots. They told me that at ANY sign of sinus issues, use Sudafed (the good, behind the counter stuff) during the flight.

That's exactly what I used to take before we moved within driving distance. Definitely make sure you get the good Sudafed that you have to show your ID for!

A dear friend suggested I take Excedrin Migraine pill because they have extra caffeine in them which will dilate the nasal passages. And to drink extra water. I took her suggestion and the pain is gone.

Use pseudoephedrine approx one hour before boarding. Use Afrin or equivalent right before takeoff(limit use of Afrin, it is addictive and can cause a rebound congestion). Place earplanes 30min -one hour before takeoff. If pain is severe try two styrofoam cups stuffed with very hot wet paper towels(some airlines will no longer do because of burns) and place over each ear to relieve pressure.

Ear Planes can be purchased at most local pharmacy/drug retailers.
http://www.amazon.com/Ear-Plugs-Air...TF8&qid=1447292210&sr=8-6&keywords=ear+planes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter