Sister Wives, First Times and Lots of Wine/An Epic Girls Trip...Updated 8/13

Happy Birthday, Jenny! Looks like you're having a great time! We have a Sugar Factory here and my DD tried dragging me to it but I refused. She ended up going with her friend and not even liking it that much. I doubt that place will stick around very long, too trendy.

Love the picture of you and Timmy! It must be so nice to see him :love:
Thanks Kelly!!! Don’t ever go!!! Not only did it suck but I kid you not, it was $36. For a drink. Mind you, they are big, but that too is ridiculous.
It was awesome spending time with Timmy!!!

Then, it was time for The Basket (the walk up window for Wine Bar George). My mom and I had the Dole Whip Froscato and Julie had a strawberry cider. Both were refreshing and went down smooth but I’ll take the DWF any day of the week.

Whaaat, there's a walk up window where you can get the Dole Whip Froscato?! Game changer! Thank you for this amazing information.

Wahlburger sounds fantastic, I'll add it to my list! Will scratch Sugar Factory from my list. Honestly it seems very gimmicky. The pictures you took are super cute though! I especially love the one with you and the Sprinkles cupcake.

YAY...I think I'm finally caught up...and I can respond to this:

Dina!!!!! How are you?!?! Your daughter totally needs to apply. She always seems so upbeat and happy!
I am so excited to go back (1n 13 days). We are also adding a MK day!!!!!:flower1:

I'm great, all is well and don't worry my daughter will definitely be applying as soon as she can I'm sure. Right now...well she needs to finish her sophomore year of high school! Your birthday trip looks fabulous so far!

It's been a struggle getting back to this boards, but the fact that I *MIGHT* have a little Disney trip planned for just over two months away makes me want to check in here more often now...and begin some planning and what better what than to read what others are doing right?

Whaaat, there's a walk up window where you can get the Dole Whip Froscato?! Game changer! Thank you for this amazing information.
I know, right!!! What better way to enjoy DS, but with a nice, cold, refreshing DWF while shopping...

Will scratch Sugar Factory from my list. Honestly it seems very gimmicky.
Good choice!!!! This place was the worst!

It's been a struggle getting back to this boards, but the fact that I *MIGHT* have a little Disney trip planned for just over two months away makes me want to check in here more often now...and begin some planning and what better what than to read what others are doing right?
I'm so excited for your trip and I hope everything works out!!!! I miss not seeing you around.:flower1:

Narcoossees!!!

Before we left the resort for dinner, I took a few pics of the outside of Rosen Shingle Creek for all of you to see...It really is a beautiful resort, and very clean (very big too). So, if you are looking for something other than a Disney resort, I highly recommend it. For me, it has to be Disney, EVERY time...:earboy2: While we were waiting for our car, my sister gave me a 50th Birthday crown and a "50 and fabulous" sash for me to wear during our fancy evening...Woot! Woot! How fun is that!!!

We valeted the car at the front of the Grand Floridian and found Timmy waiting outside for us. I was so happy he was able to join us again this evening. We made the nice walk over to Narcoossees and checked in. We were given a wonderful table for 6 in front of a window, overlooking Cinderella's Castle and Space Mountain. This totally entertained Gia, and she loved watching the monorail go by...They even decorated our table with Mickey confetti, and who doesn't love that!!!

I started with a glass of sangria (this is usually my goto drink at Narcoossees). For apps, we shared the Crispy Rhode Island Calamari, Peppadew-Banana Pepper-Olive Relish and Tomato Coulis and the Artisanal Cheeses, four tasting portions from around the world with prosciutto & accompaniments. Both of these are fantastic and I love how the restaurant includes the little menu with the different cheese names so you know what you are eating when it's served to you. For my main dish, I had the Pan-seared Georges Bank Day Boat Scallops, Trofie Pasta with Sultana Raisins, Marcona Almonds, and Herb Creme with Grilled Elf Mushrooms, Lemon-Mustard Jus, and Hericot Verts. Although, it came with cooked carrots and not green beans, which was fine. For dessert, our waitress surprised me with a mini dessert that tasted a lot like tiramisu. It was delicious. I also ordered a cup of tea to go with it. Gia was given a Nemo cupcake!!!

After dinner, we walked over to the boat dock to watch HEA. We couldn't stand on the wrap around deck at Narcoossees because it was being refurbished from the winter...We were able to sit on a bench for the entire show and the music was piped in. Oh, we also got to watch the Electric Water Parade, which was awesome. Best yet, there was hardly anyone watching the fireworks from the boat dock that night. It almost felt like we had a private viewing...:bday:Happy birthday to me.

We did a little shopping in the GF before calling it a night...

3FCCB03F-CDA1-41D9-9E1D-CD9293A06F1A.jpeg835F1221-3B87-40CB-8784-3DAD00702150.jpegE444EB47-92F0-4D69-9DF1-9784D74CB48B.jpegE8440F91-9ED2-4FB2-8521-F7246468CDFD.jpegA7D17DAF-E26E-4D37-BC9D-ED2E37F94699.jpegCC3A02F3-DE7B-48B3-B51F-78F6124B3B7C.jpeg658040B7-FA5B-4E81-9EA8-93AB4D327ACA.jpeg81E3BF20-BE91-4BFF-91DC-607361AD848B.jpegEF45BF63-D4FF-46CF-A37C-043122FBDC30.jpeg

Attachments

• 8BF82C8D-F8B9-4518-BE5D-FD5A17ADFBD2.jpeg
    8BF82C8D-F8B9-4518-BE5D-FD5A17ADFBD2.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

What a great day!!! Your Narcooses pics are making me wonder if we should have gone with that over Citricos for our dinner this week!!! lol

Love that you were able to watch HEA from the boat dock, what a magical evening!

What an amazing birthday dinner Jenny. So glad to see your family is treating you like the birthday queen you are!

For me, it has to be Disney, EVERY time...:earboy2:

Me too! Unless I'm at Disneyland... those hotels are so expensive!

my sister gave me a 50th Birthday crown and a "50 and fabulous" sash

Ooooh yasssss girl!

For dessert, our waitress surprised me with a mini dessert that tasted a lot like tiramisu.

How sweet! And delicious, I love tiramisu!

Best yet, there was hardly anyone watching the fireworks from the boat dock that night. It almost felt like we had a private viewing...:bday:Happy birthday to me.

Sounds like a truly magical birthday evening!

658040B7-FA5B-4E81-9EA8-93AB4D327ACA.jpeg

Loooove your birthday look!

Incredible view!

For me, it has to be Disney, EVERY time...
me too!
my sister gave me a 50th Birthday crown and a "50 and fabulous" sash for me to wear during our fancy evening...Woot! Woot! How fun is that!!!
Definitely fun! Great idea!
We were given a wonderful table for 6 in front of a window, overlooking Cinderella's Castle and Space Mountain.
Very nice!
I love how the restaurant includes the little menu with the different cheese names so you know what you are eating when it's served to you
I love that. I mean... it's impressive and all when the waiter rattles off all the items, but... then I'm sitting there after and going, "So which one is this?"
It almost felt like we had a private viewing...:bday:Happy birthday to me.
A perfect ending!
Awww...
:laughing:

What an amazing birthday dinner Jenny. So glad to see your family is treating you like the birthday queen you are!
It was so good Kari!!!! I told Joe I'm queen for the year!!! :rotfl2:

Ah...I remember our Narcoosee meals so fondly. Looks fabulous!
Great service and awesome food, especially the scallops...

Loooove your birthday look!
Hee! Hee! It was quite fabulous. LOL!

I love that. I mean... it's impressive and all when the waiter rattles off all the items, but... then I'm sitting there after and going, "So which one is this?"
I agree 100%!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter