Sister Wives, First Times and Lots of Wine/An Epic Girls Trip...Updated 8/13

What a wonderful birthday celebration dinner! Narcoosee's has become a favorite of mine - I'm glad to hear it's still a winner. Everything you had looks so delicious and your fireworks pictures are great.

Happy early birthday! :bday:

What a wonderful birthday celebration dinner! Narcoosee's has become a favorite of mine - I'm glad to hear it's still a winner. Everything you had looks so delicious and your fireworks pictures are great.

Happy early birthday! :bday:
It was a great evening! Narcoossees has always been spot on in terms of food and service. I'm so happy I got to go back...

A Spa Morning and Epcot Afternoon...AHHHHH!

We spent Friday morning in the spa taking turns getting massages (we alternated so someone was always in the room playing with Gia). My mom ended up having the best rub down. Her masseuse didn't talk and applied the right amount of pressure. Julie's therapist talked the entire time, which would have driven me crazy (it drove her bonkers too), and mine was really rough. I did not enjoy it at all, unfortunately. I should have spoken up but I didn't want to be offensive. So, my fault. After 2 very awful massages and 1 really good one, it was time to shower and get ready for our afternoon in Epcot...Yay! I was really looking forward to this. I even scored a last minute FEA fast pass...:cool1:

We parked the car and went through bag check, which was a bit crazy for this time of day (this was surprising looking back because Epcot had really low crowds this day). Then, my sister realized she forgot their magic bands, so off to guest services it was...Sigh. It didn't take long and we were scanning my magic band and their cards...We did it!!! We were finally in the park.:love:

The first order of business was Spaceship earth, which had zero wait...Then, it was time to make our way to the Mexican pavilion...We had late lunch reservations at San Angel Inn.

We checked in and were seated right away at a table next to the water. The location couldn't have been more perfect. I ordered the avocado margarita. I absolutely love this and I think it's possibly my favorite drink in Epcot...For my meal, I decided on the fresh guacamole and the Queso Fundido, melted cheese with chorizo, poblano peppers, and onions, served with flour tortillas. Both of these were excellent and I would order them again in a heartbeat. The guac was fresh with just the right amount of spice, and the queso was warm, melty, cheesy goodness. I was very impressed with this meal and would totally return...FYI, I had a bad experience here a few years ago and vowed never to return. I'm glad I gave it another shot!!!

Since we were right here, we walked onto the Gran Fiesta Tour. Then, it was time for our FEA fast pass. From there, we stopped so I could get some school bread, and we were all in need of water. We started walking back to the front of the park so Gia could play on the splash pad, which was a great opportunity for me to refill my popcorn bucket with cheddar cheese popcorn and take a ride on Figment. Gia has decided that she doesn't like this anymore because of the skunk smell, which I actually talked about a few pages back...:DWe all rode Living with the Land (another walk-on). We also grabbed treats in Sunshine Seasons. Then, my mom, Julie, and Gia walked over to Nemo and I did some shopping in Mouse Gear. We headed back to the resort after that because we were all tired at this point.

Back in our rooms, we ordered the worst room service pizza EVER and grabbed a couple of cans of sangria. Yep, you heard me right...cans of sangria. If you've had sangria from a box (yep, talking to you @ariane37 @kastoney @buzzrelly), then you will know that both aren't very good, but they do the job...:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

80F2F4FF-6C24-4166-96AA-11AF5D8E544A.jpegC1895042-DECE-42C2-9730-175168896172.jpegB70E2847-A9E8-48BD-9FA2-CC8349FAD6CB.jpegE44B046E-79AE-4995-8E1E-8393E3E4E4D7.jpegD015AEB8-42EE-483C-AC86-470C003F86E3.jpeg82C26C03-F08E-4E10-84B5-A95D4BFDD487.jpegAE1F9903-1307-44CC-BA3C-E1868D70A9C9.jpegE3BF4625-8524-4ED6-BBD2-D355FF7B5099.jpeg14F60B78-F753-49D9-9E07-A689B3DCB43D.jpeg
Next up, we Leave Orlando...

Last edited:

Looks like such a fun day!!

I'm sorry about the massages. I've had a couple of rougher massages and I always think after the fact that I should ask them to be gentler. DH says its because I have like no muscles in my back (I don't, I'm weak! lol) that they probably don't realize how much they are digging in. So I get it!!

San Angel does look good!! I asked DH last night which menu sounded better to him for December and he picked La Hacienda but we will definitely try San Angel at some point!

Love the voss water! haha I am definitely getting one on Monday!!

I always feel so uncomfortable telling a masseuse to go easier on the pressure while the massage is going on. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it!

Sounds like a wonderful time at Epcot! Loved all the pics!

San Angel does look good!! I asked DH last night which menu sounded better to him for December and he picked La Hacienda but we will definitely try San Angel at some point!
I definitely want to try La Hacienda. I agree the menu does look good!

Sounds like a wonderful time at Epcot! Loved all the pics!
I can't even describe how empty it felt!!! That's probably how I was able to get a last minute FEA fast pass...

Before we left the resort for dinner, I took a few pics of the outside of Rosen Shingle Creek for all of you to see...It really is a beautiful resort, and very clean (very big too). So, if you are looking for something other than a Disney resort, I highly recommend it. For me, it has to be Disney, EVERY time...:earboy2:
It looks lovely but I am definitely a bubble girl too.
While we were waiting for our car, my sister gave me a 50th Birthday crown and a "50 and fabulous" sash for me to wear during our fancy evening...Woot! Woot! How fun is that!!!
You look awesome!
We made the nice walk over to Narcoossees and checked in. We were given a wonderful table for 6 in front of a window, overlooking Cinderella's Castle and Space Mountain. This totally entertained Gia, and she loved watching the monorail go by...They even decorated our table with Mickey confetti, and who doesn't love that!!!
Sweet!
I started with a glass of sangria (this is usually my goto drink at Narcoossees). For apps, we shared the Crispy Rhode Island Calamari, Peppadew-Banana Pepper-Olive Relish and Tomato Coulis and the Artisanal Cheeses, four tasting portions from around the world with prosciutto & accompaniments. Both of these are fantastic and I love how the restaurant includes the little menu with the different cheese names so you know what you are eating when it's served to you. For my main dish, I had the Pan-seared Georges Bank Day Boat Scallops, Trofie Pasta with Sultana Raisins, Marcona Almonds, and Herb Creme with Grilled Elf Mushrooms, Lemon-Mustard Jus, and Hericot Verts. Although, it came with cooked carrots and not green beans, which was fine. For dessert, our waitress surprised me with a mini dessert that tasted a lot like tiramisu. It was delicious. I also ordered a cup of tea to go with it. Gia was given a Nemo cupcake!!!
Your food looks great! You ordered my favourite dish from Narcoosees.:)
After dinner, we walked over to the boat dock to watch HEA. We couldn't stand on the wrap around deck at Narcoossees because it was being refurbished from the winter...We were able to sit on a bench for the entire show and the music was piped in. Oh, we also got to watch the Electric Water Parade, which was awesome. Best yet, there was hardly anyone watching the fireworks from the boat dock that night. It almost felt like we had a private viewing...:bday:Happy birthday to me.
Perfection!
I did not enjoy it at all, unfortunately. I should have spoken up but I didn't want to be offensive. So, my fault. After 2 very awful massages and 1 really good one, it was time to shower and get ready for our afternoon in Epcot...Yay! I was really looking forward to this. I even scored a last minute FEA fast pass...:cool1:
Sorry your massage was so yucky. It can be hard to speak up mid massage. Did she not ask you how the pressure was for you?
We checked in and were seated right away at a table next to the water. The location couldn't have been more perfect. I ordered the avocado margarita. I absolutely love this and I think it's possibly my favorite drink in Epcot...For my meal, I decided on the fresh guacamole and the Queso Fundido, melted cheese with chorizo, poblano peppers, and onions, served with flour tortillas. Both of these were excellent and I would order them again in a heartbeat. The guac was fresh with just the right amount of spice, and the queso was warm, melty, cheesy goodness. I was very impressed with this meal and would totally return..
Everything sounds and looks delicious!
Since we were right here, we walked onto the Gran Fiesta Tour. Then, it was time for our FEA fast pass. From there, we stopped so I could get some school bread, and we were all in need of water. We started walking back to the front of the park so Gia could play on the splash pad, which was a great opportunity for me to refill my popcorn bucket with cheddar cheese popcorn and take a ride on Figment.
Love Gran Fiesta!
We all rode Living with the Land (another walk-on). We also grabbed treats in Sunshine Seasons. Then, my mom, Julie, and Gia walked over to Nemo and I did some shopping in Mouse Gear. We headed back to the resort after that because we were all tired at this point.
That was a full and wonderful day!

Bad massage and cans o sangria aside sounds like you all had a great day!!! We haven't done San Angel in a few years, but we've always enjoyed it. Let me know if your sister is available to plan my 50th birthday too.

We are both July Birthday babes! Mine is July 17th! I’m sorry your massage wasn’t good! I don’t like hard pressure massages, I don’t need more pain, Thank you very much!!

We loved our two meals at San Angel Inn, I’m glad you enjoyed yours! I have to try the Avocado Margarita, it sure gets rave reviews!!

So glad you got a Park day in the trip!
Bummer the pizza was yuck!!

Bad massage and cans o sangria aside sounds like you all had a great day!!! We haven't done San Angel in a few years, but we've always enjoyed it. Let me know if your sister is available to plan my 50th birthday too.
It was a great day! I will ask Julie if she's available...Hee! Hee!

We are both July Birthday babes! Mine is July 17th! I’m sorry your massage wasn’t good! I don’t like hard pressure massages, I don’t need more pain, Thank you very much!!

We loved our two meals at San Angel Inn, I’m glad you enjoyed yours! I have to try the Avocado Margarita, it sure gets rave reviews!!

So glad you got a Park day in the trip!
Bummer the pizza was yuck!!
Well, happy birthday to you too Caroline!!!! :bday:
Yeah, the massage could have been a lot better. That was a bit of a bummer...
OMG! The avocado margarita is delish!!!!

We spent Friday morning in the spa taking turns getting massages
Nice!

Except...
Julie's therapist talked the entire time, which would have driven me crazy
ugh! Just... no.
You're there to relax.
Having to remain alert to engage in a conversation... isn't.
and mine was really rough.
… well, that just sucks.

I once had partially thrown out my back so went to see a new massage therapist. I should've run when I saw him. A competitive body builder.
I am not exaggerating when I say that it took me several minutes to get up off that table. Excruciating.
We parked the car and went through bag check, which was a bit crazy for this time of day
It's always crazy at bag check there. It's easily the worst park.
Then, my sister realized she forgot their magic bands,
:sad2:
I ordered the avocado margarita. I absolutely love this and I think it's possibly my favorite drink in Epcot..
I've heard a lot of people like this.
I am quite sure I will never order it. :laughing:
I had a bad experience here a few years ago
Oh? Do tell.
Back in our rooms, we ordered the worst room service pizza EVER
:( Well... first the massage, now this.
If you've had sangria from a box (yep, talking to you @ariane37 @kastoney @buzzrelly), then you will know that both aren't very good, but they do the job...:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
:lmao:
CFA8ADBC-5601-4CF6-8963-12E8B911AFC1.jpeg
Sangria in a can for those of you who may be curious...My sister ended up pouring it in a glass so we could be fancy...
Image result for you so fancy gif

Oh? Do tell.
Well, the food had absolutely no taste. We had the sloooooowest service EVER. And, our waitress wasn't very pleasant. If I remember correctly, we had to ask for silverware, and never received refills on our water...I vowed never return, but I'm so happy I did. It honestly was very good!!!

We had the sloooooowest service EVER.
I've heard that happens fairly often there.
And, our waitress wasn't very pleasant. If I remember correctly, we had to ask for silverware, and never received refills on our water...
:sad2:
.I vowed never return, but I'm so happy I did. It honestly was very good!!!
I'm glad you did and it turned out well.
I've been places with "the worst service ever"... and gone back later (much later, usually... :rolleyes:) only to get a great meal with wonderful service.

This totally entertained Gia, and she loved watching the monorail go by...They even decorated our table with Mickey confetti, and who doesn't love that!!!

What a perfect sounding meal and topped off with confetti? Excellent!

After dinner, we walked over to the boat dock to watch HEA. We couldn't stand on the wrap around deck at Narcoossees because it was being refurbished from the winter...We were able to sit on a bench for the entire show and the music was piped in. Oh, we also got to watch the Electric Water Parade, which was awesome. Best yet, there was hardly anyone watching the fireworks from the boat dock that night. It almost felt like we had a private viewing...:bday:Happy birthday to me.

What a dreamy night!

Love this shot of you!

Julie's therapist talked the entire time, which would have driven me crazy (it drove her bonkers too), and mine was really rough. I did not enjoy it at all, unfortunately

I should have spoken up but I didn't want to be offensive. So, my fault.

Yeah, I've had some that I "endured" but have learned to speak up. I think they'd rather know in the moment than have a bad review!

We had late lunch reservations at San Angel Inn.
We're going in Sept, and am curious to see how it fares for us.

I had a bad experience here a few years ago and vowed never to return. I'm glad I gave it another shot!!!

Me too! Glad it turned out so much better than last time.

Back in our rooms, we ordered the worst room service pizza EVER and grabbed a couple of cans of sangria.

Just bad pizza? Cold? Tasteless?

It sounded atrocious paired with canned booze. LOL!

Well, the food had absolutely no taste. We had the sloooooowest service EVER. And, our waitress wasn't very pleasant. If I remember correctly, we had to ask for silverware, and never received refills on our water...I vowed never return, but I'm so happy I did. It honestly was very good!!!

I'm going into it with definite adjusted expectations. I've booked it for the ambiance and setting more for the food and know we may have crappy service and/or food. We'll see...

Our Last Day in St Pete, Then Back to the Epicness...

We hit horrible traffic on the way back from Orlando, 2 serious looking accidents that backed traffic up quite a bit. This is not unusual for I-4. But, it was okay. We stopped at Starbucks for iced coffees and pastries at some point in the drive and before we knew it, we were pulling into Julie's driveway...Yay!

Julie got a new German Shorthair Pointer puppy, named Auggie Doggie, so we all spent time playing with him, got Gia settled with her dad and decided we were in need of lunch and some retail therapy. We ended up at a chain restaurant called BJ's (ok, some of you need to get your minds out of the gutter, LOL!). We had horrible service but the food was decent, typical bar food. I ordered a watermelon mojito that I swear was lacking any kind of alcohol. When I brought this to our waiter's attention, he said he'd go talk to the bartender. He came back a few minutes later to tell me the bartender said it did indeed have alcohol in it...Umm, no...:confused3

We spent some time in our favorite store, Dress Barn after that, and dropped some serious cash. DB is going out of business come November, so we were all anxious to pick up some of our favorite pieces. This really depresses all of us, as DB has always had really cute dresses, tops, and accessories, just to name a few things. When the 3 of us get together, we always make it a point to shop here, whether it be in Florida or Illinois. It's become a tradition, so it's sad that the stores won't be here anymore...

When we were done shopping it was time to check into The Vinoy in downtown St Pete for our last night. We were greeted with glasses of champagne (yep, that's what I'm talking about, service with a smile and alcohol) and taken up to our room, which was a suite with a gorgeous view of the downtown and Tampa Bay. It was breathtaking.

We spent some time in one of the outside bars, where we shared an order of crab cakes and avocado hummus. Both were really good. The crab cakes had zero filler, which was awesome. I had a glass of Prosecco as well. Later, Julie and I stopped into one of the inside bars and shared hot pretzels with cheese sauce and a sushi roll. I know this is a weird combo, but both dishes were delicious. I also had a Jameson and Coke. There was a mini orchestra playing, which was also very nice.

We hit the sack early because my mom and I had an early flight back to Chicago Sunday morning. My mom and I each had our own beds, which were honestly amaaaaaazing! These beds were like sleeping on a cloud...the best hotel beds I have EVER slept in. My sister chose to order a rollaway, which we joked was like her sleeping in prison, as it didn't look comfy at all, and was literally in the hallway by the front door. Hee! Hee!

Final thoughts...This was such a wonderful trip and I am extremely grateful to Julie for everything she did for me. She went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect and that I had a great time. I got totally spoiled and it was hard coming back to the reality of work, laundry, and housework...

FA88F47F-3927-47C8-88E5-30E5BE83264D.jpegAFAD856D-CC43-402A-96F9-993755020E62.jpegB27FFB46-E546-49F4-9ED3-2C3CFF31BFA5.jpeg3CBD84E9-FCA2-4072-891F-AE01541432CF.jpegDA8FE9E1-1FF6-4471-87B2-5A4CC16952B0.jpeg025CECD7-B929-4695-A418-26402F8E5516.jpeg2AD3AA37-E600-4DA3-98A9-D20514029882.jpeg402054AE-2DC4-43F3-ACD8-76EF8F54BE9B.jpeg7478FE02-261F-4233-965D-EE093C31BAA5.jpeg5AF4F579-FFB7-45BA-8893-D3A53FB9221D.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter