Sister Wives

-at the vows it didn't seem like 400 people. there were a lot of empty seats.
-it was way to cold for a wedding . I probably would have just shown up for the reception
-I'm glad Cody put his foot down about not having Robins sick kids take pictures outside but what about the other kids? He seems to protect Robin or favor her more.
-Tony was to aggressive with the first dance. I thought Mykelti's arm was gonna fall off-lol!
-Tony rudeness about his brides hair being half up. Dude worry about your own hair
-In the interview Mykelti looked swollen and like talking was even hard...My thought was ...is she pregnant already??
-Meri just seems checked out. Janelle looks like she's over it.
-Mykelti did look pretty but she and Tony are still immature and bratty.

Wondering...
-will Tony try to marry more women?
-Where will they live and how will they manage
-parenting kids. Tony seems like its the womans job to handle kids and house
-How will Mykelti handle the birth of Maddie's fist baby and the first Brown Grandbaby
-I read on here Aspen is next to get married. Cant wait to see Mykelti and Tonys attidude toward it
They aren't living as polygamist

I recall that Robyn said no to Meri taking Solomon to visit Mariah because he was too young. But Robyn suggested Meri take her older daughter (Aurora, maybe?) along, which she ended up doing. I don't blame Robyn for not being comfortable with sending her toddler out of state on a road trip. I don't think it was a matter of not trusting Meri with his care. I think she was more worried that he would get homesick and be miserable the whole time.

Now, about that wedding! Tony and Mykelti are two of a kind. They were portrayed as being self-centered and basically ridiculous people. Mykelti said, "I want to get married outside whether it's cold or not and I don't care what anyone else thinks." Well, when you ask 300-400 people to come and share your wedding day, you absolutely need to care what they think. Yes, you can have things your way to an extent. But asking all those people to sit outside in 40 degree weather on a windy day is unreasonable. You want a December wedding? Have it inside or have it in Florida! And when Kody complained about the potential cost of the wedding, Mykelti's response was, "That man!" You want 3000 tacos? Save your money and pay for your own wedding!

I recall that Robyn said no to Meri taking Solomon to visit Mariah because he was too young. But Robyn suggested Meri take her older daughter (Aurora, maybe?) along, which she ended up doing. I don't blame Robyn for not being comfortable with sending her toddler out of state on a road trip. I don't think it was a matter of not trusting Meri with his care. I think she was more worried that he would get homesick and be miserable the whole time.

Now, about that wedding! Tony and Mykelti are two of a kind. They were portrayed as being self-centered and basically ridiculous people. Mykelti said, "I want to get married outside whether it's cold or not and I don't care what anyone else thinks." Well, when you ask 300-400 people to come and share your wedding day, you absolutely need to care what they think. Yes, you can have things your way to an extent. But asking all those people to sit outside in 40 degree weather on a windy day is unreasonable. You want a December wedding? Have it inside or have it in Florida! And when Kody complained about the potential cost of the wedding, Mykelti's was, "That man!" You want 3000 tacos? Save your money and pay for your own wedding!
I don't remember her allowing anyone to go. If I remember correctly Cody was okay with Solmon going.

Last edited:

Now, about that wedding! Tony and Mykelti are two of a kind. They were portrayed as being self-centered and basically ridiculous people. Mykelti said, "I want to get married outside whether it's cold or not and I don't care what anyone else thinks." Well, when you ask 300-400 people to come and share your wedding day, you absolutely need to care what they think. Yes, you can have things your way to an extent. But asking all those people to sit outside in 40 degree weather on a windy day is unreasonable. You want a December wedding? Have it inside or have it in Florida! And when Kody complained about the potential cost of the wedding, Mykelti's response was, "That man!" You want 3000 tacos? Save your money and pay for your own wedding!

I don't like either of them...especially Tony. However, they did want to have an earlier wedding, in the summer, not long after Maddies, and part of the reason was because she wanted it outdoors. The family REALLY wanted them to wait and didn't want it as close to Maddies and if I'm remembering correctly I believe it was Cody who said that a wedding outside in early Dec. in Vegas would work, so I will say it wasn't their first choice. I almost wonder if that's why she was so adamant about not moving it indoors, kinda a I told you so situation.

I wonder if it bothered her that this really was not "something borrowed", it was really "something old".

I kept thinking that Christine really missed the meaning of borrowed. I think she did mention at some point that they weren't really "borrowed" in the traditional sense, so maybe she just wanted to do this idea and didn't care that it didn't fit the definition.

I kept thinking that Christine really missed the meaning of borrowed. I think she did mention at some point that they weren't really "borrowed" in the traditional sense, so maybe she just wanted to do this idea and didn't care that it didn't fit the definition.
Christine seemed really attached to that wedding dress. Maybe she expects to get the fabric flowers back! ;)

-at the vows it didn't seem like 400 people. there were a lot of empty seats.

I wondered if some of the guests opted to stay inside or on the patio where it looked like there were some propane heaters.
-it was way to cold for a wedding . I probably would have just shown up for the reception

-I'm glad Cody put his foot down about not having Robins sick kids take pictures outside but what about the other kids? He seems to protect Robin or favor her more.

-Tony was to aggressive with the first dance. I thought Mykelti's arm was gonna fall off-lol!

I thought the same thing-Christine went on about what a great dancer tony is but all I saw was someone who was being physically aggressive
-Tony rudeness about his brides hair being half up. Dude worry about your own hair

-In the interview Mykelti looked swollen and like talking was even hard...My thought was ...is she pregnant already??

she looked kind of swollen to me too, but he also looked heavier so they may have both put on more weight since the wedding (it was over a year ago, and I don't know when the interview portions were filmed)

-Meri just seems checked out. Janelle looks like she's over it.

janelle is interesting to me. she is the only one of the wives who has ever left the family independently and self supported herself and her (then 5) kids. she had over 2 years apart from the dynamic and I suspect it gives her the knowledge that she is fully capable of living her own life. meri I think wants her independence but doesn't know how to go about it/is afraid of being alone. she might not fully participate in the family anymore but you notice that her nose gets out of joint when she's excluded

-Mykelti did look pretty but she and Tony are still immature and bratty.

Wondering...
-will Tony try to marry more women?

I don't think so. he is lds and would face excommunication. i'm honestly not going to be surprised if he ends up being excommunicated anyway though-the church wouldn't allow Madison to join b/c she refused to publicly disassociate with the family and denounce their lifestyle so I can't see how they would be accepting of tony's involvement

-Where will they live and how will they manage

they live in st. George Utah-and he's some kind of 'banker' (i'm guessing like customer service maybe at a call center?). i'm guessing she still works at the pawn shop.

-parenting kids. Tony seems like its the womans job to handle kids and house

-How will Mykelti handle the birth of Maddie's fist baby and the first Brown Grandbaby
-I read on here Aspen is next to get married. Cant wait to see Mykelti and Tonys attidude toward it

I think they will continue to look for ways to pull attention to themselves. we know that the current season is running a year behind so I think it's interesting that just about the time the show starts airing and the story line is out about maddie's pregnancy mykeltie starts posting 'it's a boy' and talking about her 'little boy' on social media. come to find out-her 'little boy' is a puppy.

does anyone else think that robyn looks like she's aged 20 years since joining this train wreak? she looks exhausted and like she's so stressed she's ready to explode.

does anyone else think that robyn looks like she's aged 20 years since joining this train wreak? she looks exhausted and like she's so stressed she's ready to explode.

She's nearly a single mom to 5 kids. Even under the best of circumstances she would have aged considerably.

She's nearly a single mom to 5 kids. Even under the best of circumstances she would have aged considerably.

I get that. it's just that the 'couch' interviews have a really different vibe for me this season. Janelle has never been overly chatty, but she is pretty much just sitting there, Christine seems to have adopted the theory that if she repeats something over and over it will become the truth ('tony is a really GOOD guy, tony is a really GREAT guy, tony is the BEST guy...:crazy2:). Meri (when she's even there) seems totally disconnected except for (imho) her sucking up to get buy in for the b&b/mama house, and Robyn just seems like she's taken the position of referee between Kody and the others-she's quick to try to deescalate him when he gets hyper or angry and it just looks like it's taking a toll (big change from being the favorite whose every needs were seen to/whose business was everyone's top priority).

I get that. it's just that the 'couch' interviews have a really different vibe for me this season. Janelle has never been overly chatty, but she is pretty much just sitting there, Christine seems to have adopted the theory that if she repeats something over and over it will become the truth ('tony is a really GOOD guy, tony is a really GREAT guy, tony is the BEST guy...:crazy2:). Meri (when she's even there) seems totally disconnected except for (imho) her sucking up to get buy in for the b&b/mama house, and Robyn just seems like she's taken the position of referee between Kody and the others-she's quick to try to deescalate him when he gets hyper or angry and it just looks like it's taking a toll (big change from being the favorite whose every needs were seen to/whose business was everyone's top priority).
There's probably a lot going on behind the scenes we know nothing about. I mean, this show really has become a series of kids' weddings and frankly it's not that interesting. So we're not seeing much of the family interaction beyond wedding planning.

Or maybe it's just the natural order of things in a polygamist family. Maybe Kody is tiring of his newest wife and it's time to start looking for a newer model.

I can't imagine having to be "friends" with women I really dislike. Janelle and Meri clearly can't stand each other but for Kody they "make it work." What some women do to "keep" a man is mind boggling.

Honestly I think Janelle checked out years ago. She is really opening now that Maddie got married and her son went into the military and Logan went off to college. Her kids really are her soft spot and she is so looking forward to being a grandma. That's her focus now and that enough makes her happy.

Does anyone really care about the relationship between Meri and Janelle? The trip to the therapist seems like the lamest story line.

Robin does look aged. Kody does that to women. He ruins them. It is strange how none of them were able to get on the fitness/health bandwagon that they tried when they first moved to Vegas. Not one of them. And now Robin is no longer the hot skinny wife anymore (compared to the others). No offense to other fluffy women like myself :duck:.

I do find this family more interesting than the Duggars, though. I am so over them and all their weddings and nonsense.

Does anyone really care about the relationship between Meri and Janelle? The trip to the therapist seems like the lamest story line.

Robin does look aged. Kody does that to women. He ruins them. It is strange how none of them were able to get on the fitness/health bandwagon that they tried when they first moved to Vegas. Not one of them. And now Robin is no longer the hot skinny wife anymore (compared to the others). No offense to other fluffy women like myself :duck:.

I do find this family more interesting than the Duggars, though. I am so over them and all their weddings and nonsense.
I do Meri and Janelle are two favorite I'd like them to get along. I don't see Robin as big by any means lol. I guess we all see things differently. As for the fitness thing how many of us say we are going on diets get all excited stay with them for about a month and then give up on them. That's pretty normal.

I'd be shocked if Tony could actually find another woman dumb enough to marry him

Eh, Kody found four women to marry him and the wives have reported women they have never met before coming up to them and offering themselves up as wife number 5. I mean heck, Charles Manson had women writing to him in prison asking to be his wife for years. There are all kinds out there.

I think at the end of the day Meri and Jannelle have the most in common. Meri is an empty nester and Janelle is well on her way. I don't remember how old her youngest is but she has three kids out of the house already. If they could find a way to move past their differences and really connect I think they would both be much happier for it.

I noticed very early on that they eat like crap. So much boxed Frankin Food. I remember thinking with so many people they almost have to in order to just be able to afford to eat. And not just the wives but most of the girls and some of the younger boys as well. This isn’t judgement on my part. I have been obese and know full well how hard it is to get your crap together to reverse that but as a mom it would alarm me and set off a call to action.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter