Sister Wives

It sure sounds like it's over.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/sister-wives-canceled-tlc-152774

But yeah, once it becomes a series of kids' weddings, it's sort of pointless.

Honestly, if it means I don't have to listen about the catfishing any more, I'm ok with it being gone.

TLC just announced that they'll be back for another season

"We've followed the Browns through plenty of ups and downs, but their story is far from over. We're excited to share that Sister Wives will return to TLC to continue following the journey of the Brown family."
:ssst:

Anyone notice Robyn lost her spot next to Kody? Christine has moved there, Janelle has moved next to him and Robyn is in Janelle’s spot. Probably means nothing but I can’t get over feeling like it does.

Those houses don’t seem much bigger than mine and they live in my area. (Their teens go to the high school my kids will go to) While a more expensive part of town it’s not a “mansion” area by any means. Their income just needs to be comfortable.

I guess I meant they're "mansions" compared to what they were living in back in Utah and of course when they first got to Vegas. I just figured they were able to build these nice homes with the help of their show. Maybe they're already paid for. :)

I would be very happy not to hear the word "catfish" again.

I am confused about what the issue was with Meri and the birth. But I was not giving the show my full attention...
Who is mad and why? Was Janelle mad because Meri missed the birth because she wanted to exclude herself? That's what I thought at first, and I was ready to take Meri's side on this because all the clips indicated that they were OK with her not being there. Maddie told her she was kicking everyone out eventually, Jannelle said Meri had plenty of time to tend to work, There were numerous references to everyone leaving while Maddie rested, and Kody finally sent the "Everyone stay away" text. Honestly, Meri's absence seemed more appropriate to me than everyone else's front-row seats. I would have stayed there only if Maddie looked me in the eye and said, "please don't go, I want you here."

But if the whole issue is that Merri was complaining that they left her out, and she really wanted to be there, but they excluded her, then, I can see why they are frustrated with her. The others were there because they pushed their way in. Meri could have pushed her way in, as well. I do agree that when she came to Janelle's house and the bedroom door was closed and everyone was gone it would not have been appropriate for her to go bursting in through the bedroom/bathroom door, not knowing what was happening.

But, as Jannelle pointed out, where did Meri think everyone was? Everyone lives next door- she could have walked over there and asked if they knew how Madi was. For that matter, she easily could have texted any one of the wives to find out what was going on. The whole situation is being described as if they were miles apart with no way to contact each other. How hard would it have been for Meri to find out where everyone was and offer to be there or help?

I don't think Meri wanted to be there, and Jannelle didn't want her there. But now that it's over, rather than just admit the truth, they are each blaming the other. Only Kristine is being honest- good for her.

Actually, I think this is represntative of Meri's involvement in the family. They have no use for her, and she acts like she has better things to do. Rather than just accept it, change her life, and leave, she just wants to whine and play a victim.

Next week is part 1 of the 2 part "tell all".

Seriously, I'm so over Meri. So much whining. Christine was right. She DOES bring a lot of negative energy into the room. She seems like she wants to be catered to. She doesn't reach out. She waits for the other wives (who all have a number of kids they are basically single parenting) to reach out to her. She's the one with lots of time available. She should be reaching out to them.

And if she wanted to be there for the birth, she should have waited there in the house like the rest of them did.

Madi definitely needs to kick them all out next time.

And more catfishing stuff? Either there's a lot more to that story they didn't share or they're way over milking it.

Did everyone enjoy Kody's ponytail? :crazy2:

I'm loving Christine for trying SO hard with Meri.

I know they have always said that no one wife is any better or more important than another and the order in which they came into the family doesn't affect the family dynamics at all. That said, I wonder if deep down Meri feels somewhat like she should share the leadership role in the family with Kody and the other wives should all defer to her a bit because she was there first. I can also see it being really hard for her to be an empty nester after wanting more kids for so long and watching the other three wives still have kids at home. I know they say "the kids are all of ours" but come on, there has to be some separation there.

I just couldn't get past Kody's hair. Why does no one tell him how absolutely ridiculous he looks?

I remember them joking a few seasons ago about Kody's hair being the fifth wife lol.

Can Kody just CUT his hair!!! He actually looked pretty good in his early wedding photos.

Can we get thru an episode without Meri or Robyn crying??

I don't think he can get the short hairstyle back again. Not like it was when he was younger anyway. He is seriously thinning on top and the long hair is an attempt to hide that. I believe he has openly admitted it in the past and you can really see it in front when he pulls his hair back.

I know they have always said that no one wife is any better or more important than another and the order in which they came into the family doesn't affect the family dynamics at all. That said, I wonder if deep down Meri feels somewhat like she should share the leadership role in the family with Kody and the other wives should all defer to her a bit because she was there first. I can also see it being really hard for her to be an empty nester after wanting more kids for so long and watching the other three wives still have kids at home. I know they say "the kids are all of ours" but come on, there has to be some separation there.

I remember them joking a few seasons ago about Kody's hair being the fifth wife lol.

I don't think he can get the short hairstyle back again. Not like it was when he was younger anyway. He is seriously thinning on top and the long hair is an attempt to hide that. I believe he has openly admitted it in the past and you can really see it in front when he pulls his hair back.

Then why would he pull all the hair (he has left) in a tight ponytail in the back which shows all his receding hairline!!! :rotfl:

Who knows. But I do know he has admitted before that his hair is thinning and he is holding onto it for as long as possible.
I wondered that too. But now I've decided he must have some massive bald spot on top he's covering with the pony tail. Why else would you!

I would be very happy not to hear the word "catfish" again.

I am confused about what the issue was with Meri and the birth. But I was not giving the show my full attention...
Who is mad and why? Was Janelle mad because Meri missed the birth because she wanted to exclude herself? That's what I thought at first, and I was ready to take Meri's side on this because all the clips indicated that they were OK with her not being there. Maddie told her she was kicking everyone out eventually, Jannelle said Meri had plenty of time to tend to work, There were numerous references to everyone leaving while Maddie rested, and Kody finally sent the "Everyone stay away" text. Honestly, Meri's absence seemed more appropriate to me than everyone else's front-row seats. I would have stayed there only if Maddie looked me in the eye and said, "please don't go, I want you here."

But if the whole issue is that Merri was complaining that they left her out, and she really wanted to be there, but they excluded her, then, I can see why they are frustrated with her. The others were there because they pushed their way in. Meri could have pushed her way in, as well. I do agree that when she came to Janelle's house and the bedroom door was closed and everyone was gone it would not have been appropriate for her to go bursting in through the bedroom/bathroom door, not knowing what was happening.

But, as Jannelle pointed out, where did Meri think everyone was? Everyone lives next door- she could have walked over there and asked if they knew how Madi was. For that matter, she easily could have texted any one of the wives to find out what was going on. The whole situation is being described as if they were miles apart with no way to contact each other. How hard would it have been for Meri to find out where everyone was and offer to be there or help?

I don't think Meri wanted to be there, and Jannelle didn't want her there. But now that it's over, rather than just admit the truth, they are each blaming the other. Only Kristine is being honest- good for her.

Actually, I think this is represntative of Meri's involvement in the family. They have no use for her, and she acts like she has better things to do. Rather than just accept it, change her life, and leave, she just wants to whine and play a victim.

I also think Meri got side-tracked during the birth with picking up her daughter and girl friend (at the airport?). And, then having them there to visit. When the 3 of them showed up at Janelle's house, all 3 were giggly.

I thought Christine was a little harsh during her confrontation with Meri.

I also think Meri got side-tracked during the birth with picking up her daughter and girl friend (at the airport?). And, then having them there to visit. When the 3 of them showed up at Janelle's house, all 3 were giggly.

I think Meri fancies herself the senior member of the group and thought she should be able to wander off but still have someone hunt her down at the appropriate time.

I agree they all seemed pretty chill at that point. It really surprise me when the birth turned out to be a point of such contention.

I guess I can see both sides. In this day and age, a simple text to Meri for her to come at the appropriate time would've only taken a few seconds. I think it does show that they didn't want her there. Meri knows this and is hurt. But I also see their side that she doesn't seem very into being at family events either. The whole thing is sad because maybe Maddie did want her there if only for a few minutes as she's been working for Meri and maybe they've had talks about the baby coming etc. Someone did mention Maddie asking where Meri was. That being said, I don't agree with them all being there sitting on chairs watching and I'm sure changes will be made in the future, not just for Maddie but the other girls as well.

I thought this episode was so painful to watch. I guess I am in the minority thinking Christine was way out of line. I was on the outs with coworkers a while ago and it is a horrible feeling when people you used to be close to gang up on you. Nobody treated Christine like that when she and Kody were struggling. I think Meri is struggling with depression. Infertility, empty nest, Kody marrying Robyn, Mariah's coming out (and now subsequently being involved with someone) not to mention the catfish...this slow train wreck has been going on a long time. I feel like Mariah and Kody are still punishing her. And of course the wives have turned away. She was so pleasant to the b&b owner, it was nice to see her relaxed and happy for a few minutes at least.

She was harsh but she was trying to get through to her. Being nice and understanding isn’t working. Meri is having none of it. She’s upset they don’t fully trust her but she doesn’t seem willing to put in the work to earn that trust back. She thinks simply staying in the family is enough. She wants them all to accept her at face value but isn’t willing to do the same for them.

I guess I can see both sides. In this day and age, a simple text to Meri for her to come at the appropriate time would've only taken a few seconds. I think it does show that they didn't want her there. Meri knows this and is hurt. But I also see their side that she doesn't seem very into being at family events either. The whole thing is sad because maybe Maddie did want her there if only for a few minutes as she's been working for Meri and maybe they've had talks about the baby coming etc. Someone did mention Maddie asking where Meri was. That being said, I don't agree with them all being there sitting on chairs watching and I'm sure changes will be made in the future, not just for Maddie but the other girls as well.
It would have been easy but if Meri wanted to be there, she would have been there. This entire season every time there’s been a family gathering she makes her exit pretty quick. She got upset when Garrison showed up early and wasn’t called. She left early then too. It’s not up to the family to MAKE her engage. It’s up to her to engage and she’s not doing that.

I thought this episode was so painful to watch. I guess I am in the minority thinking Christine was way out of line. I was on the outs with coworkers a while ago and it is a horrible feeling when people you used to be close to gang up on you. Nobody treated Christine like that when she and Kody were struggling. I think Meri is struggling with depression. Infertility, empty nest, Kody marrying Robyn, Mariah's coming out (and now subsequently being involved with someone) not to mention the catfish...this slow train wreck has been going on a long time. I feel like Mariah and Kody are still punishing her. And of course the wives have turned away. She was so pleasant to the b&b owner, it was nice to see her relaxed and happy for a few minutes at least.

I'm a few episodes behind so I can't comment on that particular incident but when you lay it all out like that I kind of feel like Meri has had to deal with more emotional hardship than the other wives have.... at least through the course of the show. I mean Christine took Robyn joining the family really REALLY hard (not that I blame her) but Meri has had to do that 3 times. Plus she had to sit there and watch her sister wives pop out babies left and right while being left with only one herself and THEN have her husband turn down a surrogacy offer, etc. etc. It just seems like a lot more has been heaped on her than the other wives. I'm not saying she is blameless here at all, I think there are several things she could have handled better.

I'm not saying Meri is blameless at all either. I'm simply saying I have compassion for her. I think she has felt very alone for a long time. When Christine hugged her at the end, she broke down in tears and finally let some of her wall down. I know she agreed to the plural marriage at the beginning and that's on her but if you watch the show directly following it "3 wives 1 husband" it better shows the wive's constant hurt feelings and jealousy which I believe is a normal human reaction to the situation.

I'm a few episodes behind so I can't comment on that particular incident but when you lay it all out like that I kind of feel like Meri has had to deal with more emotional hardship than the other wives have.... at least through the course of the show. I mean Christine took Robyn joining the family really REALLY hard (not that I blame her) but Meri has had to do that 3 times. Plus she had to sit there and watch her sister wives pop out babies left and right while being left with only one herself and THEN have her husband turn down a surrogacy offer, etc. etc. It just seems like a lot more has been heaped on her than the other wives. I'm not saying she is blameless here at all, I think there are several things she could have handled better.
Meri was full on supportive of polygamy. If I'm not mistaken she chose at least one of the other wives. It's the path she chose.

Infertility is brutal for anyone. And it doesn't care if you're monogamous or in a plural marriage. Kody offered to pursue IVF with her in the first or second season and she turned him down. You have to at least be willing to give nature a helping hand if having another baby is important to you.

I really don't feel like Meri has been faced with much more than many people deal with in the course of their lives. I do think some of it was made worse by polygamy (infertility with sister wives popping out babies and empty nesting with a husband with lots of other kids) but there she is in episode after episode extolling the virtues of polygamy. If she would let down her guard just a bit, she'd have a lot of support from her sister wives. But she seems to push them away more than anything.

I do think she's probably dealing with some depression and I'm surprised that hasn't come up in any of her counseling sessions.

I feel like Mariah and Kody are still punishing her.
I absolutely agree with this. I want to smack both of them upside the head! Kody has always been very self centered. And I think Mariah is a spoiled brat. I also think the girlfriend is softening her a bit, which hopefully will help some. Meri might feel shortchanged by having only one child, but I think Mariah benefited by being an only child in a large plural family. She had lots of interaction with siblings but got the benefits of being an only.

I'm not saying Meri is blameless at all either. I'm simply saying I have compassion for her. I think she has felt very alone for a long time. When Christine hugged her at the end, she broke down in tears and finally let some of her wall down. I know she agreed to the plural marriage at the beginning and that's on her but if you watch the show directly following it "3 wives 1 husband" it better shows the wive's constant hurt feelings and jealousy which I believe is a normal human reaction to the situation.
Oh I agree. I think divorcing Kody messed with her head more than she thought it would. I’ve been in her corner for a long time. I’ve been in her shoes when it comes to fertility issues and feeling alone even when you’re surrounded by people. You’re lonely as hell but at the same time you just want people to leave you alone. I do get it and I do think she’s depressed but at some point she’s got to give a little bit. People can’t help you if you won’t help yourself.

People can’t help you if you won’t help yourself.
This is it more than anything. It drives me crazy how she bats the help away. I also struggled with infertility and have no idea how hard it would be to deal with it in a setting like she did. But why on earth did she turn down the offer of IVF? Back then she was younger and it was far more likely to work. I'd have a lot more sympathy if she tried and it just didn't work.

I think to Kody a woman's worth is closely tied to her ability to give him children. I wonder if once she turned him down on IVF he sort of checked out with her.

I still have mixed thoughts on the divorce. Part of me thinks it was a really selfless act on Meri's part. The other part of me thinks she was crazy like a fox and wanted to be ready to walk away when the mood struck.

I imagine with the show coming back Meri will stay connected with the family. But I bet she spends more and more time at the B&B.

OMG I think everyone made way to big of who was where when Axel was born. I have never seen Janelle so worked up. I think Christine was being a mean girl to Meri.

Never of them are best buddies bet now they are acting like the all want to be all upset because Meri wont be all sunshine and flowers will them lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!