Sister Wives

I definitely agree that the scene was hard to watch. Having said that, I need to go back and watch it again because for some reason, I thought that Christine said they all didn't feel "safe" when around Meri. Like it wasn't safe for them to be around her because she may cause problems/issues when they all get together. Given what we see in the episodes, I'm not seeing the sister wives repeatedly reaching out to Meri like they all think that they are doing. Or maybe they aren't as welcoming as they believe they are being. It's obvious that Meri doesn't think so. We won't know because we see the edited version.

I thought that Meri, even though obviously shocked at the aggressive tone Christine was using, handled the situation well. I would have blown up at her and told her to kiss my behind as soon as Christine said that she wouldn't have had Meri at the birth. That was harsh. Or at least her delivery was harsh (and I'm not talking about the baby delivery). You could tell that Meri was grasping for the right term to use and couldn't think of anything besides saying "guarded" (I believe that was the word that she used...a lot...). It wasn't until Meri kind of snapped back at Christine that Christine kinda sorta looked like she thought "maybe I shouldn't have said it like that".

And that voice that Christine uses drives me nuts. That "let me talk to you like a little child" tone. Ugh!

Every time that you see Kody and Meri talking one on one, he comes in with an attitude. He doesn't seem to even try to get along with her. It's almost as if he is trying to make her leave so that it won't be his fault/choice.

You know what? Meri did screw up, but in this day and age with the prominent use of social media, her situation, sadly, isn't an unusual one. Heck, they have television shows that focus on catfishing (I hesitated in even typing the word because I'm sick of hearing it.) I have heard many stories like her's and not just on reality television but in "real life" also.

I can't remember Kody ever admitting in front of the other wives that he and Meri were having issues for many years before this...hate to say it again but I have to...catfishing scandal. I know that the viewers see him saying it but has he said it in front of the others? Although I am sure that they've seen it on the show and know it now, maybe he should have told them all so that they wouldn't hold it all against Meri. Maybe then they would have some sympathy for her. And Meri has said that she was being emotionally abused by this person. That he/she/it was threatening her family and she couldn't get away from them. That she was pulling away so that she could protect her family. Have they forgotten that or do they choose to focus solely on what could have happened? They all say that this is the life that they want so they need to resolve themselves to the fact that they need to forgive and move on. What other choice do they have if this is what they want? Do they really not love Meri enough to do that?

In the therapy sessions, it seems that the sister wives and Kody blame Meri for all their problems. That one situation caused them all to have such animosity for her? And, if so, for this long? I agree that they need to get over it already. Forgive. Move on. Maybe they need to get another therapist because Nancy doesn't seem to be getting the job done.
While I get how Meri was sucked into the cat fishing thing and I feel for her with how lonely she was, emotionally investing in someone not your partner is cheating. It’s worse than physical cheating IMO. It’s a breach of trust and a betrayal. It’s not something I could just get over. It would take a very, very long time for me to trust my partner again, if ever. The age of social media is no excuse. And let’s not forget that she was going to leave the family over this. I personally don’t buy that she felt threatened. I think that was a convenient excuse to feed to the media to save face for all of them. So, yeah, I can see why they still don’t trust her and given that she won’t let them in at all I can see why their guard remains up. Forgiveness and trust need to be earned IMO.

Just watched it. WTH is up with Christine and her meeting with Meri?! What did she want Meri to say?! That whole conversation should have taken place with Nancy. That was so awkward.
Lots of drinking games in that episode. :drinking1

I know, didn't we use to take a drink whenever we mentioned Nancy? No wonder I felt a little fuzzy on Monday!! :rotfl:

Did anyone watch the episode of the family game night at Christine's--what is up with Mykelti's hair and I didn't notice Tony anywhere in sight (maybe I just purposely missed him because I can't stand him?) Then I noticed the piece for next week's Part 2 show and Tony and Mykelti are on the couch and Tony is saying something about she has changed since marriage?? I won't be home next week and my daughter doesn't get this channel so I will have to catch up on demand when I return on Monday!

Thoughts on Part 2 of the "tell all"?

Is that the one where just the Browns are sitting on a couch, no reporter, and they're answering questions that were on an IPad? I'm starting to feel so bad for Merri-I really think she wants to try to mend things with Kody, but he doesn't. But then, maybe he just hasn't gotten over what she attempted to do on the internet-yeah, it turned out she was being Catfishes, but the fact that she went looking elsewhere-maybe he hasn't gotten over that. But wait a minute, if it's OK for him to have other wives, why does she need to be loyal? Obviously, the more I think of it, the more confused I am. I just know that I thought it was funny when they had the question about if a man can have multiple wives, can a woman have multiple husbands?

I was surprised at just how bad things are with Kody and Meri. I think he's still punishing her for the catfishing incident. But it seems even worse than I thought. And I don't think he's as motivated to fix things as she is. Once again, I think this is an unfortunate side effect of the plural lifestyle they all rave about. He has lots of other companionship and intimacy so doesn't have the same motivation to fix things that she would. I honestly don't see what she gets out of plural marriage any more. I bet once the show ends, she'll move on. But I hope she admits the role plural marriage played in things.

Is that the one where just the Browns are sitting on a couch, no reporter, and they're answering questions that were on an IPad? I'm starting to feel so bad for Merri-I really think she wants to try to mend things with Kody, but he doesn't. But then, maybe he just hasn't gotten over what she attempted to do on the internet-yeah, it turned out she was being Catfishes, but the fact that she went looking elsewhere-maybe he hasn't gotten over that. But wait a minute, if it's OK for him to have other wives, why does she need to be loyal? Obviously, the more I think of it, the more confused I am. I just know that I thought it was funny when they had the question about if a man can have multiple wives, can a woman have multiple husbands?

That's the thing with Meri. She keeps saying, "I was catfished" as if she was the victim. In order to be catfished, you have to be online and actively looking for some type of relationship. She thought she was talking to a man the whole time. It doesn't matter if it was really a woman or a man. She pursued a relationship with someone other than her husband. She tried many times to meet with person. There are recorded phone calls of her saying she loved the person. This equates to infidelity. She's trying to deflect what she did by focusing on the fact that the person was not genuine. It doesn't matter. I'm not a fan of Kody's, but I don't blame him for pushing her away. She pursued a relationship outside of her marriage.

I was surprised at just how bad things are with Kody and Meri. I think he's still punishing her for the catfishing incident. But it seems even worse than I thought. And I don't think he's as motivated to fix things as she is. Once again, I think this is an unfortunate side effect of the plural lifestyle they all rave about. He has lots of other companionship and intimacy so doesn't have the same motivation to fix things that she would. I honestly don't see what she gets out of plural marriage any more. I bet once the show ends, she'll move on. But I hope she admits the role plural marriage played in things.
Many, many monogamous men would not be easily forgiving and forgetting this either - it’s really not something that can be pinned on their polygamy or Kody being a jerk. And if the shoe was on the other foot, few here would be expecting a woman to overlook this behaviour in a husband.
That's the thing with Meri. She keeps saying, "I was catfished" as if she was the victim. In order to be catfished, you have to be online and actively looking for some type of relationship. She thought she was talking to a man the whole time. It doesn't matter if it was really a woman or a man. She pursued a relationship with someone other than her husband. She tried many times to meet with person. There are recorded phone calls of her saying she loved the person. This equates to infidelity. She's trying to deflect what she did by focusing on the fact that the person was not genuine. It doesn't matter. I'm not a fan of Kody's, but I don't blame him for pushing her away. She pursued a relationship outside of her marriage.
Totally! And one thing I don’t ever remember seeing on the show is her ever admitting and apologizing for that. Not just to Kody, but I’d presume in the polygamous ideology, adultry would be a betrayal of the entire family unit. Hopefully there’s been more go on in private, but publically she mostly only seems sorry to have had it come crashing down on her.

Many, many monogamous men would not be easily forgiving and forgetting this either - it’s really not something that can be pinned on their polygamy or Kody being a jerk. And if the shoe was on the other foot, few here would be expecting a woman to overlook this behaviour in a husband.

I guess I feel like I don't understand the extent of her relationship with the online friend. They really downplayed that side of it in favor of sensationalizing the catfishing component, which I agree doesn't matter. What does matter is how involved she was with this person emotionally and what she was after. I get that it can happen in monogamy. But when you're going through the empty nest phase while your husband is still having babies with other women and splitting his time between 4 homes, I see it as a much higher risk in polygamy.

But wait a minute, if it's OK for him to have other wives, why does she need to be loyal? Obviously, the more I think of it, the more confused I am. I just know that I thought it was funny when they had the question about if a man can have multiple wives, can a woman have multiple husbands?

Because that is NOT what their faith teaches.

I am a member on Meri's online sales Facebook page and she is so much different "in person" than she is on the show. She is upbeat and seems to be enjoying life. Of course, when you are trying to sell clothing (or anything for that matter) you don't want to be a Debbie Downer. But, like right now, she is in Chicago and she and her friends were visiting some local tourist spots and she is laughing and having a great time.

I am a member on Meri's online sales Facebook page and she is so much different "in person" than she is on the show. She is upbeat and seems to be enjoying life. Of course, when you are trying to sell clothing (or anything for that matter) you don't want to be a Debbie Downer. But, like right now, she is in Chicago and she and her friends were visiting some local tourist spots and she is laughing and having a great time.

It's good to know she is happy and enjoying her life. I think all "reality shows" have characters that are portrayed in certain ways.

This popped up on my facebook feed under a "Sister Wives Secrets" link...Meri has since moved out of the Las Vegas cul-de-sac she was living in, purchasing a bed-and-breakfast in Utah in late 2017. She rarely returns to Vegas, only coming for family events or when TLC needs her there for an episode.

Also....
With four wives to choose from, Kody is a lucky man, but there’s always room for one more. “He’s been looking for more than a year,” a friend of Robyn’s told Hollywood Life.com. “He’s wanted someone really young, like 19 or 20. And she has to be attractive and thin.” The source surmised that this could all be a ploy to get people to tune in. Kendra Pollard-Parra, one of Robyn’s former close friends, said Kody propositioned her right in front of his fourth wife. “The first time he met me he said, ‘You’re so pretty. I’m looking for another wife!’” Pollard-Parra told In Touch Weekly. “Robyn was laughing, but I was like, ‘Eww!’”

I wonder if there will even be another season...

I guess I feel like I don't understand the extent of her relationship with the online friend. They really downplayed that side of it in favor of sensationalizing the catfishing component, which I agree doesn't matter. What does matter is how involved she was with this person emotionally and what she was after. I get that it can happen in monogamy. But when you're going through the empty nest phase while your husband is still having babies with other women and splitting his time between 4 homes, I see it as a much higher risk in polygamy.

Or she could have embraced the experience of her child free home and it could have brought the 2 of them closer together. I can imagine that it would be a nice reprieve to have a home with a wife without a gazillion children running around where you can just be adults, focus on each other, and do adult things.

Does anyone know if/when there will be another season?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!