Sister Wives

I was watching the commercial and it looks like one of the daughters is pregnant. Am I wrong?

It would not be ok with me or our DD. I wouldnt want to be with anyone that no longer loves me and feels it would be ok to desrespect me by forcing me to except another women in our relationship.
Well, me neither, but that's not their relationship. No one seems forced into anything. Who says he doesn't love them all? It may not be something you or I can accept or understand for our own lives, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
I love this show! If it works for them well, let them be. They aren't hurting me with their lifestyle. But I agree Kody is a lil creeper...But that doesn't keep me from watching.
Ditto.
Now when they complain about not getting enough time with him, that annoys me because they know what they were getting into.
They're showing their lives. I guarantee you, people in all sorts of relationships...including parents/children...have complaints about their relationships, even tho they knew what they were getting into. I knew kids were going to PITAs sometimes, but I DO occasionally complain about them, despite my overwhelming and undying love for my little darlings. ;)

I came across this today and have been watching the marathon. Definitely not a lifestyle I could live but it is interesting and seems to work for them.

Being married to one person has it's challenges. For the women at least, I think it would really take a lot of self-control, discipline and communication to make a polygamist relationship work, to make the family work. And they seem to be able to do that.

I've seen bigger trainwrecks in a lot of monogamist relationships so more power to them IMHO.

I stopped watching because I don't like Kody. He is just plain weird! I find polygamy to be interesting and I LOVE watching Big Love. I just don't like Kody.

I don't see the show as a train wreck though. The first three wives have been married to him for 21, 18, and 17 years. Wife #4 grew up in a poly home, and Mari "picked" her out.

What time does the opener start? I don't reallly want to rehash last season's shows.

I caught this show by accident this afternoon.. I had to stop working on the one project I was involved with (ran out of some supplies I needed), so I flipped the tv on while I was playing around with my recipes.. I guess what I caught was a marathon of sorts of the first season..

They are all consenting adults - so in that respect, I don't have any issues with it.. Everyone marches to a different drummer..

They're not living off the tax payers, so I don't find that to be an issue either..

So if I had to state one thing that I absolutely don't agree with, it would be the fact that the husband is clearly breaking the law.. I'm a stickler when it comes to following laws that are currently in place (even when I don't necessarily agree with some of them), so that's my issue..

The only other thing I can think of is how this may impact the kids - when they attend public school this year.. (I'm listening to it in the background right now..) They may get a lot of flack - but on the other hand, in a place like Utah, wouldn't they get the same amount of flack if their parents were homosexuals? (Honest question for which I don't have an answer..)

For the most part, I don't think they're actually "hurting" anyone..:confused3

I just think the women must have really bad self esteem problems. To think they have to share a husband. Sad.

So if I had to state one thing that I absolutely don't agree with, it would be the fact that the husband is clearly breaking the law.. I'm a stickler when it comes to following laws that are currently in place (even when I don't necessarily agree with some of them), so that's my issue..

He is only legally married to Meri, the other "wives" are only a church seremony, so I think that is how it's not breaking laws.

He is only legally married to Meri, the other "wives" are only a church seremony, so I think that is how it's not breaking laws.

I agree with this. I am of the mind that consenting adults can do what they want as long as they aren't living off my dime or committing any sort of abuse.

I don't really get the idea of it breaking the law. It seems to me that a man (or woman) can run around on their spouse and sleep with any number of other people and it's not illegal (clearly immoral, to me), but when everyone is in agreement in the arrangement it's illegal. I've never understood that.

I love this show! If it works for them well, let them be. They aren't hurting me with their lifestyle. But I agree Kody is a lil creeper...But that doesn't keep me from watching.

For the most part, I don't think they're actually "hurting" anyone..:confused3

I just can't help but disagree. I believe they are hurting their children. I disagree with the whole thing vehemently, but if only adults were involved, that would be their choice. However, it isn't only adults - there are children being reared this way.

I can't watch it. It makes me waaaay too angry. I cannot fathom anyone willing doing that!

^^ This...

I find it sad that so many people are prejudice against these people. I know that in American society, there's always the lifestyle that everyone finds to be "normal". Just because this family isn't your version of "normal", it doesn't mean that they "have low self esteem" or are doing wrong.

I'm glad that they are out there, teaching people about their lifestyle. While I personally wouldn't chose it for myself, I am thankful that they are able to live the lifestyle themselves. I just hope that they don't get in too much trouble over it :sad2:

When Kody lets one of his wives bring home a hot new guy (or maybe two or three), the show may be interesting. Until then, it's ridiculous.

In order to be realistic, they would have to force the 13 year old girls to marry 50-60 year old men, and then drive the teenage boys out of the house to fend for themselves.

I have a hard time beleiving that the ladies dont get jealous:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter