Sister Wives

Well for all you who say as long as they are not hurting anyone then you are okay with it. Well, their lifestyle is hurting not only those poor insecure women but also their children. It is making women look like property and not valued property at that. It is teaching the children that men are superior and more valued because there are not multiple husbands only multiple wives. In my opinion they are ALL sick from the creepy husband who thinks it is okay to have more than one wife to the sick creepy women who thinks it is okay to share a husband.....completely disgusting. Yes I will judge because it is WRONG! Also you cannot compare two gay parents to this. The point is the gay couple are in a monogamous relationship where they mutually respect each other by only being with each other. In that case they are raising that child to see a healthy respectful relationship. I have no problem with that.

I am interested, so I watch. I do think Kody is a creeper and he looks better with short hair..so lose the locks, Kodster!

I have a hard time beleiving that the ladies dont get jealous:confused3
They seem pretty jealous if you ask me...
I think it's sick. Years ago a bunch of dirty old men came up with the concept of having multiple wives and then convinced some gullible folk to go along with it saying it was their religion!

Lisa
I couldn't agree with the above more!!!!!!
Why is it always sister wives and not "brother husbands"???
:thumbsup2 See above@ :rotfl2:

I don't recall Meri ever saying her dd is the only reason she stays, even tho she may have. It just doesn't make sense tho. She is the one that has picked the other sister wives to add in.
Janell looked pregnant to me last night. I know she is a big girl tho, and she probably isn't....

I thought the question was would you do this again (cable came and switched out my box today, so I can't go back and look).

Maybe we won't know if they meant live this lifestyle or go public. I guess it could have been taken either way.

I thought the question was whether they regret going public. Based on their answers "I'm tired of hiding" "I don't want to be afraid anymore" that would make sense. Christine said she didn't know. She seems most bothered by the attention and negative effects this is having on the family. However, she has never seemed opposed to the plural lifestyle.

I thought the question was whether they regret going public. Based on their answers "I'm tired of hiding" "I don't want to be afraid anymore" that would make sense. Christine said she didn't know. She seems most bothered by the attention and negative effects this is having on the family. However, she has never seemed opposed to the plural lifestyle.

Forgot to add in my other post, regarding them going public..I bet a lot of it had to do with money. Hard for most to say "no" to a reasonable amount of money. Does anyone know what they get paid per show????

I havent seen any of the interviews with them but if any of them really thought they could do this show and NOT have legal issues or NOT have it cause some major controversy that could harm their family in some way, they are all incredibly naive.

All of the legal issues and anything else that is happening is their fault. They brought it on themeselves so I don't get why any of them should be surprised at all.

No the question was would you choose this life again

mommytobug is right... meri was speaking about the choice to go public with their lifestyle. she would do it again. robyn agreed, as did janelle. christine said she didn't know.

Forgot to add in my other post, regarding them going public..I bet a lot of it had to do with money. Hard for most to say "no" to a reasonable amount of money. Does anyone know what they get paid per show????

With 4 wives to support...how can it not be? I know how much I cost..dude better get another job!! :rotfl:

No one watched last night?? I love this show. I know it is far from my beliefs but I find it very interesting. Did you see that Janelle's mother married Kody's dad about 3 months before he married janelle? I was shocked but the two wives were so cute together. I didnt know that led that lifestyle also. I thought Janelle was the one who was not brought up in this faith? Does anyone remember?

No one watched last night?? I love this show. I know it is far from my beliefs but I find it very interesting. Did you see that Janelle's mother married Kody's dad about 3 months before he married janelle? I was shocked but the two wives were so cute together. I didnt know that led that lifestyle also. I thought Janelle was the one who was not brought up in this faith? Does anyone remember?

I believe she was not brought up in it. But when Janelles mom met the family that is when she got intertested and then married Kodys dad. I found it a bit weird. Also did you see that Kody's mom was the one that wanted to become polig and not the dad. They say it is the women that want to convert.

I watched it. I thought they really shared a lot about their families. I wonder if their parents will now be investigated.

I thought someone said they moved..is that true?

What I really don't get is, why does Kody act so surprised that people found out about them. Does he not understand that he is on TV?

Doris

I can't believe they didn't take the daughter who fell off the horse to an MD. Maybe they are too far out to have medical facilities? Cody seemed more worried about getting back on the horse.

I was exhausted watching THIS epi and I did not even leave my couch … omg, last night was too much CHAOS. Riding horses (with no helmets), climbing rocks, painting Gram's house, cars breaking down….yup, I was exhausted.

$5,000 for a new engine. And Kody stating that he is going to have one hour of complete quiet when every one is gone … ugh …

Last week their was an internet "rumor" that one of the girls appeared to be pregnant (Aspyn) … this week, I took a better look at all the teen girls and they all appear to have 'bellies' on them … some of the younger boys look like they are getting chubby … I think the kiddos are eating way too many 'carbs'. ::yes::

I was exhausted watching THIS epi and I did not even leave my couch … omg, last night was too much CHAOS. Riding horses (with no helmets), climbing rocks, painting Gram's house, cars breaking down….yup, I was exhausted.

$5,000 for a new engine. And Kody stating that he is going to have one hour of complete quiet when every one is gone … ugh …

Last week their was an internet "rumor" that one of the girls appeared to be pregnant (Aspyn) … this week, I took a better look at all the teen girls and they all appear to have 'bellies' on them … some of the younger boys look like they are getting chubby … I think the kiddos are eating way too many 'carbs'. ::yes::

I felt the exact same way :laughing: ... and it was so noisy too with everybody talking at the same time ... but I guess with 5 adults and 16 kids that's what it is -exhausting and noisy- all the time ... oy :faint:

I have never met anyone "all that "that I would do that. and he is a hypocrate, a while back one of the "wives" made a comment about what if she had 3 or 4 husbands and he said something to the effect he would be disqusted by it .:confused3

that was a conversation with his first wife Meri on their anniv date dinner.

that was a conversation with his first wife Meri on their anniv date dinner.

I have never met anyone "all that "that I would do that. and he is a hypocrate, a while back one of the "wives" made a comment about what if she had 3 or 4 husbands and he said something to the effect he would be disqusted by it .:confused3

They only reason he would be disgusted by it is because he would not be the center of attention and he would actually have to "share". I would like to see a show with a wife and 3 or 4 husbands and see if it gets a different kind of reaction. But then again who would want more that one husband?! I have enough trouble keeping up with one! :)

I can't believe they didn't take the daughter who fell off the horse to an MD. Maybe they are too far out to have medical facilities? Cody seemed more worried about getting back on the horse.

ITA!

I am usually a very "you're ok- shake it off" kind of mom with my kids if they get hurt-regular bumps and scrapes. But I was really shocked when she fell off the horse on to her back, lying there obviously crying in pain. He made her immediately get up on her hands and knees, and made her walk to the car. Then they went to a chiropracter for an adjustment?

I am no medical professional, but if someone falls on their back should you rush them to move right away? I would think you wouldn't, at least not till you take time to evaluate how they feel.

And, likewise, I am no horse expert, but he did seemed way more concerned about teaching the horse a lesson, than tending to his daughter.

There were in Jackson Hole I believe and as little as it is there is a hospital there. They should have taken her there or lets say i would have. I love watching this family. I am not so focused on Kody's hair or his quirky ways. We all have different likes and dislikes. My husband is adorable to me but you may think he is a crazy redneck. I dont care, he is mine, LOL!

Apparently it doesn't just take two to tango, it now takes 5 to tango. But you know what, they have created their own dance. Why not give them their freedom to live as they please?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!