Sister Wives

I thought Meri was the one who introduced Robyn and Kody and pushed for a courtship.

Oh wow! I didn't know that.

Yes that's true but I don't think she thought he would really go for it and she didn't think she would feel this way. It's all so weird to me.

I thought Meri was the one who introduced Robyn and Kody and pushed for a courtship.

Oh wow! I didn't know that.

Meri did push Robyn. They were friends first. I think "coming out" is what tore Kody and Meri apart. Also the fact it seems he pressured her to say no to trying for kids any more and in any way even though it was clear she desperately wanted more kids.

Yea wouldn't she have to contest her divorce agreement? I mean legally wasn't she entitled to get half of everything and if all 4 houses are in his name that's a lot.

IMO Mari and Kody went downhill when he started courting Robyn and marrying her. The 4 of them (Janelle, Christine, Meri and Kody) had their thing going and it worked for them. Then he wanted this new young hot piece of tail and it really hurt Meri and brought out the jealousy and all these new feelings.
If I remember right the only house that is jointly owned by Kody is Meri's since they were legally married at the time. The others are in each individual wives names. No way would any loan company put him on four loans that total *at least* a million and that's low balling for this area (they're in my area) for brand new, built to order houses. It's probably closer to $1.5-$2million.

Even with a divorce, being married so long if he has any kind of pension, 401K etc. she's going to be entitled to half that. Robyn doesn't automatically inherit it. But again like others have said, where would she go? This is the only culture she knows.

If I remember right the only house that is jointly owned by Kody is Meri's since they were legally married at the time. The others are in each individual wives names. No way would any loan company put him on four loans that total *at least* a million and that's low balling for this area (they're in my area) for brand new, built to order houses. It's probably closer to $1.5-$2million.

Even with a divorce, being married so long if he has any kind of pension, 401K etc. she's going to be entitled to half that. Robyn doesn't automatically inherit it. But again like others have said, where would she go? This is the only culture she knows.

Oh yes I remember the big issue with getting all 4 loans. It was down to the wire.

Oh yes I remember the big issue with getting all 4 loans. It was down to the wire.
Yeah, cause Robyn's credit was crap. I don't think she'd actually been divorced for that long so was still tied to that financial mess. My guess is her mortgage terms are not ones you would want. Barely in the 600s, technically recently divorced and in her name only? Probably not pretty as far as loans go.

I think Janelle was married to Meri's brother? I'm pretty sure Robyn's ex was FLDS. His name is common in that group though it escapes me now. edit: Looked it up, Jessop, you hear that name over and over reading and documentaries on the FLDS.

Last edited:
Yeah, cause Robyn's credit was crap. I don't think she'd actually been divorced for that long so was still tied to that financial mess. My guess is her mortgage terms are not ones you would want. Barely in the 600s, technically recently divorced and in her name only? Probably not pretty as far as loans go.

I think Janelle was married to Meri's brother? I'm pretty sure Robyn's ex was FLDS. His name is common in that group though it escapes me now.

How does Christine and Meri get mortgages with no job? I'm assuming they use income from Sister Wives Closet.

I just watched it and I am surprised that their family is liberal in so many ways. Most extreme, fundamental Christians don't drink like their kids did in this episode and wouldn't be so open to Mariah's coming out. As strict as they are with sexual mores and dating rules, it surprises me.

Not making a judgment call or a statement. We live in a area with very strict religious groups and it is usually all or none with less conservative actions. Lots of mixed messages for the kids, I think.
Having sex with multiple women at the same time isn't being strict with sexual mores. lol

DH and I figured they were able to get the houses because of their income from TLC. Also how they afford those vacations. :)

Would she even have a claim on anything the family has since she "divorced" Kody?

I believe the only thing she would be entitled to at this point would be Kody's social security when she reaches retirement age due to the fact that they were legally married for over ten years. Of course, we don't know about any settlement she may or may not have gotten in the divorce, like property, pensions, cash, etc. My best bet is she got nothing because Mr Stringy Hair convinced her nothing had changed and it was all just a formality (yeah, right). I don't know if her house is in her name or his, or both. So she might have that.

How does Christine and Meri get mortgages with no job? I'm assuming they use income from Sister Wives Closet.
Well Meri had the advantage of actually being married and I'm pretty sure she does work. I think Christine is the only actual SAHM. I'd think Sister Wives Closet would probably be a risk not an asset. Most likely they get paid decently for the show.

Well Meri had the advantage of actually being married and I'm pretty sure she does work. I think Christine is the only actual SAHM. I'd think Sister Wives Closet would probably be a risk not an asset. Most likely they get paid decently for the show.

Does she still work? Outside the show I mean?

The thing is, Meri can leave if she wants to. A lot of women have left bad marriages without any financial security or assets, young children in tow. Meri's daughter is grown, and Meri, I'm sure, can find a job that will enable her to support herself. True, she won't be living in a half million dollar house, but most people don't. As far as the family, there's no reason why she can't maintain a relationship with the kids-divorced people do it all the time. I can't think of one good reason for Meri to stay in this marriage. She's miserable and it's not going to get better.

The thing is, Meri can leave if she wants to. A lot of women have left bad marriages without any financial security or assets, young children in tow. Meri's daughter is grown, and Meri, I'm sure, can find a job that will enable her to support herself. True, she won't be living in a half million dollar house, but most people don't. As far as the family, there's no reason why she can't maintain a relationship with the kids-divorced people do it all the time. I can't think of one good reason for Meri to stay in this marriage. She's miserable and it's not going to get better.

Exactly.

Meri could leave and get hefty paychecks from TLC for deciding to stay on. Imagine those ratings if she left! And stayed in her house because in all actuality, it's HER house, she doesn't have to leave HER house.

I wonder if she's more concerned about leaving the wet bar than she is about leaving Kody!

Exactly.

Meri could leave and get hefty paychecks from TLC for deciding to stay on. Imagine those ratings if she left! And stayed in her house because in all actuality, it's HER house, she doesn't have to leave HER house.
And you, my dear, should have been her divorce attorney! But my guess is she didn't even have one. Greasy Locks probably handed her papers and told her to sign them.

I believe the only thing she would be entitled to at this point would be Kody's social security when she reaches retirement age due to the fact that they were legally married for over ten years. Of course, we don't know about any settlement she may or may not have gotten in the divorce, like property, pensions, cash, etc. My best bet is she got nothing because Mr Stringy Hair convinced her nothing had changed and it was all just a formality (yeah, right). I don't know if her house is in her name or his, or both. So she might have that.
Since she's the one who hired the lawyer he technically worked for her so we can hope he protected her interests a little better than that. She mentions having thought about leaving around that time and she doesn't strike me as stupid. Of course, that's *if* Kody actually has any assets at all. It's pretty shocking the people in that age bracket who don't.
Does she still work? Outside the show I mean?
Oh, I have no idea.

And you, my dear, should have been her divorce attorney! But my guess is she didn't even have one. Greasy Locks probably handed her papers and told her to sign them.
She's the one who hired the lawyer. She went to him before she brought up the idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!