Sister Wives

Mine is on my DVR. Will watch sometime this week.

I do hope Mary leaves Kody already. I honestly believe she is the only one of the 4 that truly loved/loves him. Maybe Christine too. But I think Christine is more in love with the polygamist lifestyle than she is with Kody himself. Janelle isn't in love. She's just going through the motions. And Robin strikes me as someone with low self esteem that was just happy to have a man after her previously bad relationship.

Such a train wreck but I can't stop watching!

I think Christine and Meri were both raised in it and never really knew anything else and always just sort of assumed that is what they would do as well. Janell always struck me as being really enamored with the benefits of it as it affects her ability to be more of a careerwoman that a domestic SAHM type. I remember early on she said she worked a lot of hours and Meri and Christine were both saying that Janell is much happier working than she is at home and Janell made some sort of comment along the lines of the women I work with will sort of sigh and lament about the fact that they are all tired after working all day and they still have to go home and cook dinner and take care of the kids and Janell was like "haha I don't."

I share the same thoughts as many of you regarding Tony, Mykelti and Christine. I think that Tony and Mykelti are acting extremely entitled when it comes to their wedding. If they were to have to pay for the wedding, I'm sure that the number of guests would be scaled down significantly, guests wouldn't be eating ten street tacos a piece, and they'd be more than happy to get dressed in a bathroom should that be what happened to fall within their budget. My husband and I looked at each other during the bathroom scene and said "didn't we get dressed in the church nursery and the men's Sunday school room?"

From the looks of the season preview, it seems that Meri is interested in getting closer to Kody again and he's just not having any of it. I can understand that he felt betrayed by Meri's catfish scandal and the potential harm that it brought to the family but if he truly loved her, he'd work on getting over it and repairing their relationship. Oh and speaking of repairing the relationship, I think that Mariah was very insensitive to her mother's feelings when Meri told her about buying her grandmother's childhood home. She knows that he mother is very sentimental and that the reason she wants to open the BB is to feel better about herself and keep the home in the family. Can't she be a little more sensitive?

I share the same thoughts as many of your regarding Tony, Mykelti and Christine. I think that Tony and Mykelti are acting extremely entitled when it comes to their wedding. If they were to have to pay for the wedding, I'm sure that the number of guests would be scaled down significantly, guests wouldn't be eating ten street tacos a piece, and they'd be more than happy to get dressed in a bathroom should that be what happened to fall within their budget. My husband and I looked at each other during the bathroom scene and said "didn't we get dressed in the church nursery and the men's Sunday school room?"

From the looks of the season preview, it seems that Meri is interested in getting closer to Kody again and he's just not having any of it. I can understand that he felt betrayed by Meri's catfish scandal and the potential harm that it brought to the family but if he truly loved her, he'd work on getting over it and repairing their relationship. Oh and speaking of repairing the relationship, I think that Mariah was very insensitive to her mother's feelings when Meri told her about buying her grandmother's childhood home. She knows that he mother is very sentimental and that the reason she wants to open the BB is to feel better about herself and keep the home in the family. Can't she be a little more sensitive?
Mariah a brat.

I share the same thoughts as many of you regarding Tony, Mykelti and Christine. I think that Tony and Mykelti are acting extremely entitled when it comes to their wedding. If they were to have to pay for the wedding, I'm sure that the number of guests would be scaled down significantly, guests wouldn't be eating ten street tacos a piece, and they'd be more than happy to get dressed in a bathroom should that be what happened to fall within their budget. My husband and I looked at each other during the bathroom scene and said "didn't we get dressed in the church nursery and the men's Sunday school room?"

Mariah is a brat. A know it all brat at that.

I think Christine and Meri were both raised in it and never really knew anything else and always just sort of assumed that is what they would do as well. Janell always struck me as being really enamored with the benefits of it as it affects her ability to be more of a careerwoman that a domestic SAHM type. I remember early on she said she worked a lot of hours and Meri and Christine were both saying that Janell is much happier working than she is at home and Janell made some sort of comment along the lines of the women I work with will sort of sigh and lament about the fact that they are all tired after working all day and they still have to go home and cook dinner and take care of the kids and Janell was like "haha I don't."

I agree. But i think Meri hoped they’d be monogamous. Didn’t she say early on they went in being monogamous with MAYBE being polygamist down the line and then a year or two after marriage they brought janelle in. I don’t think Meri ever wanted to share Kody. Christine always wanted to be a 3rd wife.

And i would love to have a sister wife to cook and clean lol. Or maybe just a maid.

I agree. But i think Meri hoped they’d be monogamous. Didn’t she say early on they went in being monogamous with MAYBE being polygamist down the line and then a year or two after marriage they brought janelle in. I don’t think Meri ever wanted to share Kody. Christine always wanted to be a 3rd wife.

And i would love to have a sister wife to cook and clean lol. Or maybe just a maid.
I'd love the built in babysitter lol lol

Right!?!??! I would LOVE having someone to help with all the domestic stuff. No one will ever accuse me of being the world's greatest housekeeper though I am getting better over time. It would be nice having someone to help keep up with the daily minutia of keeping a house together. I don't think I would be able to share my husband though. That's pushing it.

I thought Meri always said she always expected other wives. I may have missed her saying she thought there would be a larger gap between herself and the next wife.

I read a few weeks ago, her and Cody have now opened the BB. People were wondering if this is an investment for her, or will she be actually living there and running it. Good for her though.

I'd love the built in babysitter lol lol

I'll tell you what I work in the summer time but most of the year I'm a SAHM and while it's not terribly often that we have a sick child or something but I think my favorite part about staying home this time of year is not having to worry about what we're going to do if one of the kids can't go to school that day or has a doctors appointment or something like that. I remember how stressful that could be when your child is sick and can't go to school or daycare and worrying that you will be fired if you call in sick one more time.

Yes, both immature, ungrateful and honestly come across as spoiled brats. I'm just going to come out and bluntly say I don't like Tony...I really dislike him and I'm just trying to figure out if Christine really doesn't dislike him or if she just feels the need to fake it because she thinks she's supposed to. I really just can't stand him, I didn't like him last year and tonight was no different. He seems like a rude, entitled, kind of controlling, def. doesn't know or respect his place in situations jerk.
Mykelti and Tony have no clue. I can't wait to see how they handle being on their own. Like someone said he will try and get a lot of air time so he can make more $$. Tony made comments that made me wonder if he will want another wife. When codie told him and his sibling to go get the tables Tony said something about him having 3 wives and Kidy said he has 4. Tony says one is cooking. My take was have your wives do it. Then he made another comment after the family dinner about the wives all in the kitchen cleaning. I bet he will sit on his butt and expect his wife to do everything for him. He is just so gross, he rushed it to have sex and for air time
Last night I caught myself wondering if Tony is just in this for the TV exposure. He came across like he just wanted camera time. I hope Mari moves on and runs her B & B - the previews for the next episode look like she is looking to mend things with Kody and he's just not interested in her anymore.
Tony likes attention. I hope Meri opens the B & B and moves on. She deserves better. Kody sucked denied her another child, then turns around and robin get pregnant :/.

Kody seemed distance from Meri before the catfish. I remember when she talked to him about having help have a child and she left it up to him. It was her way of seeing if he wanted another child with her. By not doing so it made her feel like he wasn't in it anymore. Then he gets Robins pregnant.
Mariah is a brat and just so negative.
The wives keep saying how Tony is just like Kody in so many ways. Hmmm so I guess many of us are right Toby is a jerk just like Kody.

I like maddies Husband. I think maddie and caleb will be fine

I'm willing to give Tony a chance. It would be hard to be a normal person and then suddenly have your life filmed. Maybe he blurts out stupid things as he's uncomfortable around the cameras and all his fiance's family. I can see lots of people being like that. And he's young and immature

Four hundred people and four thousand tacos. Oh hell no. If either of my girls brought home such an obnoxious, demanding, entitled groom they’d be on their own. To be honest, they’d be on their own in this situation anyway. This isn’t about Mykelti being in love, it’s about competing with Madison. My 12 year olds have more maturity and common sense in their little pinkies than these two have combined. What I don’t get is that there was no discussion about the guest list, food etc. beforehand? How do you go looking at venues totally blind?

I’m totally behind Meri and the B&B. Maybe because it’s something I’d love to do. Especially with the family history there. But the strife happening that’s all on her, she shut everyone out. How are you going to be jealous of Christine and Robin’s friendship when you blocked them at every turn?

Not much of Janelle which I thought was a little weird.

Up thread someone mentioned Meri maybe never wanting to have sister wives but she’s the one who brought it to Cody in the first place.

Four hundred people and four thousand tacos. Oh hell no. If either of my girls brought home such an obnoxious, demanding, entitled groom they’d be on their own. To be honest, they’d be on their own in this situation anyway. This isn’t about Mykelti being in love, it’s about competing with Madison. My 12 year olds have more maturity and common sense in their little pinkies than these two have combined. What I don’t get is that there was no discussion about the guest list, food etc. beforehand? How do you go looking at venues totally blind?

I’m totally behind Meri and the B&B. Maybe because it’s something I’d love to do. Especially with the family history there. But the strife happening that’s all on her, she shut everyone out. How are you going to be jealous of Christine and Robin’s friendship when you blocked them at every turn?

Not much of Janelle which I thought was a little weird.

Up thread someone mentioned Meri maybe never wanting to have sister wives but she’s the one who brought it to Cody in the first place.

Oh yes. I forgot in one of the first episodes Janell and Christine said Meri was in mergers and acquisitions lol.

Oh yea. I forgot she did bring it to Kody!

Maybe her issue is robin ?? She seemed to completely change after he brought robin along.

Tony is a piece of work. I also remember last season when he said Kody could take out a loan to pay for the wedding. :rotfl2:

I will be watching Sundays episode tonight.

Oh yea. I forgot she did bring it to J
Kody !

Maybe her issue is robin ?? She seemed to completely change after he brought robin along.
I think in my opinion she changed and broke away is when Kody refused to even think about a baby with her and had a baby with Robin almost immediately. I think that when she started pulling away. That's when i noticed it anyway

I don't know. I remember at one point she was talking about how polygamous people would always say some of the closest relationships you will ever have would be with fellow sister wives and she said that now that Robyn had come into the family she finally had that which I always thought was a slap in the face to Janell and Christine.

I think at the core is Meri feels alone and not needed. In that culture (LDS/FLDS) having lots of babies is expected and embraced. Meri couldn’t do that and I think somewhere in the back of her head she feels like a failure. Meanwhile everyone else pops out babies especially the new, younger, favored wife. Then you have you’re only child treating you like the dog crap beneath her shoes. Meri is a pleaser and no matter what she does it’s not good enough in her mind. I can see why she has withdrawn.

Kody feels betrayed, as do the others and I don’t blame them. However if you want to make things work and keep the family together you have to give a little. It doesn’t seem he’s willing to do that.

I kinda wish it had been an actually guy and Meri would have found someone that treated her decent she deserves better then she is getting with Kody.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter