Sister Wives

So Meri's talking about the B&B and how she needs it. And she says "They all have kids at home and I'm not going to go into their homes and help raise them. I'm just not."

What the HECK? I thought that was part of the whole deal with sister wives?

So Meri's talking about the B&B and how she needs it. And she says "They all have kids at home and I'm not going to go into their homes and help raise them. I'm just not."

What the HECK? I thought that was part of the whole deal with sister wives?
I don't blame her. She raised her daughter. It's her time to do what she wants/needs to do.

They also stated things were different now, because the older kids are able to look out for that wive's younger kids when needed. So I can certainly see Meri not being in the day to day raising of the kids since they live in stand alone homes and Meri's only child is grown.

Last edited:
I don't blame her. She raised her daughter. It's her time to do what she wants/needs to do.
Well, sure. Absolutely. In a monogamous family. But they are polygamists and are all supposed to be in this together.

I think to point of these TLC polyg shows is to show that these families are different than the Warren Jeffs with oppressed women.

Therefore, why wouldn't Meri do her own thing. The other wives seem to support it.

Last edited:
Well, sure. Absolutely. In a monogamous family. But they are polygamists and are all supposed to be in this together.
I got the impression they’re not letting her. They can say “they’re ALL of OUR kids” until they’re blue in the face but the truth is we moms are territorial and don’t want someone else stepping in. I’ve certainly seen Janelle and Robyn both shut her down a time or two. Meri wasn’t led to isolate herself all on her own. They all had a hand in that. I really can’t blame her for feeling the way she does.

Honestly, if she doesn't like the lifestyle she should break off on her own. I would be highly supportive of that.

But that's sort of hard to do when you need the full family's resources to buy your B&B.

It seemed to me that every time Christine said, "I love that boy," it was her way of trying to convince herself that she loves him. I didn't get the idea that she does. She would say something kind of negative about him and then follow up with, "I love that boy." It was weird.

Am I the only one who admires her for that? I look at her as a mother who really doesn't love her future SIL, but knows her daughter does. Therefore she's REALLY trying hard to be positive and supportive of her daughter's choice. Maybe the only reason I support her so much is that my mother didn't like DH when she met him (no, I didn't think he was obnoxious like Tony). But her response was different-she disowned me (well, for 3 1/2 years), didn't come to our wedding, didn't meet her grandchild until he was a year old. I wonder if my response is colored by my past, or does anyone else really appreciates Christine's response of trying to like him.

Did anyone remember that Kody helped pick out Robyn's wedding dress? The wives didn't know and went to a bridal shop with Robyn to help her but she ended up not buying anything. Later, it came out that the dress had already been bought and Kody helped her pick it out. I'm really surprised that wasn't brought up during the scene where Tony goes to the bridal store.

This is my impression of Tony and Mykelti's relationship.
Mykelti: I just want Tony to be happy.
Tony: I just want me to be happy too.
He's controlling in a way that right now she thinks is "sweet" that he "cares so much" but will be become monstrous and destructive. Also, does he have health problems? He has a "prednisone" look about him.

I think he just has a "disgusting pig" look about him.

Honestly both he and Mykelti look like they have put on quite a bit of weight since they began dating. I wonder what has caused that? Do they both just work in a pawn shop?

I thought the taco menu was odd that the banquet mgr came up with. What about rice, beans, salad, or some other sides to go with the tacos? Just tacos and chips and salsa/quac and a cake table doesn't seem like enough food for a wedding reception.

I heard them say a Taco Buffet. I also heard Christine say, that the Taco's That Tony is talking about, is a small Taco, with only meat inside, like,steak, or shredded beef. Tony was making fun of taco's with hamburger meat, and said those were Americanized Taco's.

I am not being racist, but I was wondering if Tony's family are Mexican or are they U.S. citizens.

Tony was making fun of taco's with hamburger meat, and said those were Americanized Taco's.

I am not being racist, but I was wondering if Tony's family are Mexican or are they U.S. citizens.
Tony is constantly referring to things associated with Mykelti as "white girl" things. So much so thay Mykelti has started saying it too.

They said Tony was born in the States after his parents immigrated here.

I heard them say a Taco Buffet. I also heard Christine say, that the Taco's That Tony is talking about, is a small Taco, with only meat inside, like,steak, or shredded beef. Tony was making fun of taco's with hamburger meat, and said those were Americanized Taco's.

Tony’s parents were born and married in Mexico. He was born in San Francisco.

The tacos he is referring to are very small. I can eat 3 of them with rice beans and salad. Without sides i can easily eat 5-6. My SO can Eat 10 of them with no sides.

I think Meri needs the B & B as a way to get more distance from the family. I totally understand that she doesn't want to care for the other's kids, I wouldn't either. The only problem I see with buying that B & B is that it will never pay for itself. With only 4 rooms she could never make enough to pay the debt and pay someone to be there and run it. It's a hobby to keep her busy and a way to be able to get the home back in the family.

I think Meri needs the B & B as a way to get more distance from the family. I totally understand that she doesn't want to care for the other's kids, I wouldn't either. The only problem I see with buying that B & B is that it will never pay for itself. With only 4 rooms she could never make enough to pay the debt and pay someone to be there and run it. It's a hobby to keep her busy and a way to be able to get the home back in the family.

I don't think we know enough to make that assumption. If it was busy enough and you had 4 rooms booked a night that is roughly $500 a night revenue or almost $15,000 a month. Christine's mom is probably getting free board and room and just a small salary. You have no idea where the money came to buy it. They have done this show now for many years plus their book, etc. Anyone's guess how much (or if) there is a mortgage on the property.
Plus remember they are renting out their large home in Utah so that brings in monthly income.

She could easily be paying the debt or have no debt on it. Unless you're privy to their inside finances we really don't know. I'm sure they saw the previous owner's financial books before making a decision.

I don't think we know enough to make that assumption. If it was busy enough and you had 4 rooms booked a night that is roughly $500 a night revenue or almost $15,000 a month. Christine's mom is probably getting free board and room and just a small salary. You have no idea where the money came to buy it. They have done this show now for many years plus their book, etc. Anyone's guess how much (or if) there is a mortgage on the property.
Plus remember they are renting out their large home in Utah so that brings in monthly income.

She could easily be paying the debt or have no debt on it. Unless you're privy to their inside finances we really don't know. I'm sure they saw the previous owner's financial books before making a decision.
But I think 100% occupancy is not realistic. I'm thinking they said they are at 20-30% now? And if things went really well they might be able to get to 50-60%.

I think it's in a pretty out of the way spot, which would be hard to overcome.

If the large Utah home is bringing in cash, I'm guessing that's already needed to help on the mortgages on those 4 new homes in LV.

Meri sells LuLaRoe, too. My niece makes a killing on her live online sales and she isn't well known. I'm sure Meri brings in quite a bit just with fans of the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts