Sister's birthday on our cruise... what to do?

Make sure to let your room host know, ask him if he can do something special. A few years ago my sons gf had her birthday while we were on the Fantasy. The room host made a lovely birthday cake out of towels, it was amazing and a really nice no cost surprise.
also if your servers are aware they will bring out a dessert and sing happy birthday to her. If she’s not a dessert person they will bring out a plate with happy birthday written on it in chocolate. Get the birthday button that a prev poster mentioned and have her wear it. She will get tons of happy birthdays from cm,s and you never know, she could get a bit of pixie dust.
A towel cake would be cute. Good idea.

Even if she said no to Paulo, is that a hard no? I would do that as a special treat. Or give her a Disney gift card to spend as she likes in the shops. Even if she isn’t a big drinker, a bottle of bubbly to share at dINNER?

No to the alcohol, but now that I think of it, maybe a popcorn bucket and some refill money would be appreciated. Her birthday is on a port day, so no brunch, but I wonder if I'm too late to book one, since we're only about 45 until we sail.

Could you not do the brunch just on a different day? Or is she one that *must* celebrate only on her birthday and thinks anything on a different day doesn’t count?

I like the idea of making up a coffee card and putting money on her account for Cove special treats. And the hand delivered coffee choice on her birthday with some breakfast room service. Who doesn't want a cupcake for breakfast on their birthday? LOL The birthday pin and a magnet for the door-all good ideas. Birthday shirt? Flower lei or crown? Not sure she would be in to that, but some ideas. Def. let your servers know. A bunch of them came over to sing to my daughter for her 18th birthday pretending they were the Backstreet Boys. It was a bunch of fun! Have a great cruise!

Our excursion that day (Grand Cayman) is from 11-1pm, so right in the middle, but also leaves time to maybe figure something else to do. Anyone know what the port is like for when we return? What's there to do?
We were just in Grand Cayman. Right off the tender area there are some shops/stalls within the secured fence. Then there is a 2 story building with some shops inside some outside the secure zone. Across the street are some more shops. I believe I saw a couple of quick bite restaurants as well. Some other more local shops as well like 'off the peg'. There is a farmers-market type area somewhere nearby as well.

Not sure if your sis is like this, but some people will say “No need for Palo when we get food without an extra cost.” but they really would love to do it... it’s just that they’re being budget conscious. So if they were gifted the experience they would be thrilled. (Others, however, just don’t see the point in paying for fancy food. So you’d have to judge this one based on what you know of her.)

My DH had his birthday on a cruise several years ago. We were in Cozumel that day and the ladies in our group shopped in the town for party decorations and found some fun things to decorate our table with in Parrot Cay that evening. We'd talked to our servers the night before and gotten permission to go to the restaurant a little bit early to do it. We had balloons and streamers and confetti and little gifts on each plate as well as a banner held up by the balloons. He was so surprised! All of us had gotten small gifts for him, which he really loved, and it made him feel very special. The servers brought out his favorite dessert, not cake, which he dislikes, and sang happy birthday, and the people at nearby tables joined in. He was a very happy birthday boy!

Hmm. I hadn't thought of that. You were allowed to bring the balloons (I assume helium filled) on the ship with no problem?

Hmm. I hadn't thought of that. You were allowed to bring the balloons (I assume helium filled) on the ship with no problem?
In all my cruises I have never seen a balloon on any Disney ship. If it were allowed they would sell them. Disney never misses an opportunity to get in your wallet. I once saw a child have to hand over the balloon they had bought at the Magic Kingdom right at check in. It was helium filled. Not sure if it was deflated and handed back later maybe?
I'm pretty sure they will not allow balloons to be used in a public space but that's just my thought. You will probably get a few more responses to this issue though. As always, YMMV.

In all my cruises I have never seen a balloon on any Disney ship. If it were allowed they would sell them. Disney never misses an opportunity to get in your wallet. I once saw a child have to hand over the balloon they had bought at the Magic Kingdom right at check in. It was helium filled. Not sure if it was deflated and handed back later maybe?
I'm pretty sure they will not allow balloons to be used in a public space but that's just my thought. You will probably get a few more responses to this issue though. As always, YMMV.

They do have a way to deflate them. Last February a child showed up for the bus from AoA with a balloon. The family was told it was not allowed inflated, but they would get someone from the gift shop to deflate it. It was allowed to go that way.

That said, I do not think they are allowed even in the stateroom without helium. Otherwise I’m sure they would be in a package for purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!