Sisters, Sisters...Day 1 Part 1...Did someone say Grand Marnier Gray Goose Slushies?

TeresaNJ

Magic Begins With Me
So, all my bags are packed, I'm ready to go, I'm standing here outside your door...Oh wait, no, that's the song, LOL...

I've got my special Mickey backpack packed, with my special lime green Mickey head securely fastened, just in case any Dissers see me and want to dis while at Disney!

003.JPG

Thank you to someone on the DIS, who made up these adorable Mickey heads for us to print out and use!

Our flight was uneventful. I think I grabbed a coffee to bring on board with me, as Spirit now charges to even use the bathroom! Yes, I'm being sarcastic, but I'm sure that's not far behind. I read my Kindle, the regular one, and my sister thought she was going to take a nap. I think she dozed for a few minutes, but that's about it. I can never sleep on a plane. How about you?

After about 2 hours or so, we landed safely at MCO, Orlando's airport. How I love stepping off the plane, seeing all those sad faces, waiting to board the plane back to reality, knowing I'm just beginning my adventure, then rushing to the bathroom after holding it in for two plus hours, then at last the lobby!

004.JPG

Mare in front of the pretty, huge Christmas tree. See how happy she is? I think she senses a Grand Marnier Grey Goose slushie is in her very near future!

After our bathroom break, it's a mad dash to join the mob as we are trying to get on the tubey monorail tram thingee to get to our luggage, and then...... the Magical Express buses!!! Joy, joy!

100_1027.JPG

Boardwalk Villas, here we come!

100_1028.JPG

Cheese!

100_1030.JPG

After loading our bag under the bus (we were both too chicken to let Disney transport our luggage from the airport to our room, as is allowed if using Magical Express,but did regret it on the way home), and much jostling of my very large, personal, carry on bag, as well as our three outer garments we wore on the plane, and my sister's backpack, we settled in for the ride and the movie!

Approximately an hour later, around noonish we arrived at our destination, Disney's Boardwalk Resort and Boardwalk Villas! Pop the champagne corks! My sister had never stayed at this resort before, so she was really looking forward to it. The plan was to check in, then fast foot on down to Guest Services at the International Gateway entrance to Epcot, get my sis' Annual Pass, then according to my schedule, we had time to see Pere Noel in France, eat lunch at Les Chefs de France, then see Lumberjack Nowell in Canada, and Father Christmas in the UK!

100_1033.JPG

100_1034.JPG

100_1037.JPG

100_1039.JPG

100_1040.JPG

100_1041.JPG

100_1042.JPG

Pere Noel, France Pavilion

100_1045.JPG

100_1046.JPG

Yum, Yum! Grand Marnier Grey Goose slushie!

Lunch was delicious! Thank goodness I kept our dining receipts, because for the life of me, I can't remember what we ate. Let me go look. Okay, well, never mind. Of course, out of all the receipts I kept, I can't find that one, even though I have a written tally of our daily totals, as well as each day's receipts in it's own little bundle. Go figure. Well, if I remember correctly, I think we both had the salmon, and we both loved it. :) I think. I also can't remember if we had dessert, but I've had the creme brulee here before, it is so yummy! I'm not even a creme brulee fan, and I finished the whole thing, and it's quite the serving! As you can see from the pic above, my sister had the Grand Marnier Grey Goose slushie for her dessert!

sKPhHSQCjM6IxD-640m.jpg

I'm blaming this memory loss on the chemo treatment I had, as there is such a term as "chemo brain". :) It can't possibly be because I'll be 57 in September.

We didn't get to see Remy from the Disney movie "Ratatouille" on this trip, but I do have a pic from when my daughter and I had lunch here back in May of 2012.

100_0404.JPG

Bon Appétit from Chef Remy

Used too many pics in this installment, so to be continued...
Up next, cute men in skirts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter