Sisters, Sisters...Day 1, Part 3...Ahoy Pretty Ponies & Choo Choo Trains

TeresaNJ

Magic Begins With Me
So, we last left off with my sister checking her work emails. After about an hour of chilling & freshening up, we walked on over to the Yacht Club for our dinner at Captain's Grille. I'm disappointed to say that I thought I'd remember what we ate, but since it's been a whole four months, I don't, and I don't have the receipts to check out either. I thought I'd been keeping them, but instead, I only have the totals written down.

Since we weren't doing the dining plan, and I had the Tables in Wonderland card, I would have to pay the bill, but, my sister didn't want to carry a large amount of cash, and, she wanted to put her credit card down for our room charges for whatever reason, so we were trying to figure out how to do this. Whoever's name is on the TIW card is the one who has to pay the bill, so, she allowed charging priviledges on my room key and I charged the meals to my room key, so that we could get the TIW discount. Got that?;)

I kept a running track of my half of the charges, and then paid her back when her cc bill came in. It was a little bit of a pain, truthfully. I would end up giving her the dining receipt for her records, and I just wrote the total down, so I could keep track of what I owed her. Would not do it this way again!

Since we had time, our dinner reservation wasn't until 7, and it was around 5:45ish, we decided we would stop at the Beach Club first to check out the Christmas decorations.

ry%3D480

Somewhat blurry, but still pretty boardwalk side of Boardwalk Inn & Villas.

ry%3D480

Again, somewhat blurry, but still pretty back entrance to the Beach Club. You're probably hoping this doesn't become a pattern, right? ;)

ry%3D480

Gorgeous gingerbread carousel at the Beach Club!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

From the Beach Club, it was a short walk to the Yacht Club! Yay!:banana: We were really getting hungry. Who prefers the Yacht Club over the Beach Club? Not me. The Yacht Club is pretty in that upper crust, haughty sort of way, "dahling, shall we go have an apertif in the lounge before dinnah?", whereas the Beach Club is pretty, but laid back, in that "I won't look askance at you for walking through the lobby in bare feet and a bathing suit that clearly wasn't intended for you" sort of way!

ry%3D480

I love to take pictures of all the Disney light fixtures!

ry%3D480

Gorgeous poinsettias when you step outside the back entrance of the Beach Club. See the Boardwalk in the distance?

ry%3D480

We've arrived for dinner! Mary Ann, pretty in pink! She's saying "hurry up and take this pic so we can get inside & eat!" If you notice, this one isn't blurry!

ry%3D480

The Yacht Club Christmas tree. Eh, it was okay. Guess I'm not into nautical themes all that much.

ry%3D480

I do love the Christmas train platform setup at the Yacht Club!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

After a few minutes, our table was ready. Let me look at the menu on Allears to see if I can remember what we ate! Be right back! Okay, I'm back, and believe it or not, I do remember after seeing the menu in print! For appetizers Mare had the Seared Scallops with roasted cauliflower, arugula, watercress and cauliflower puree $8.99, and I had the Farmer Market Salad - walnut granola, granny smith apples, dried cranberries, mascarpone-blue cheese cream and champagne vinaigrette $6.99. We shared, and everything was delicious! Our plan was to try to order an appetizer each, and share the entree, to keep costs, as well as our weight down, but we decided on this day that we were way too hungry to share one entree, LOL. After all, we had been up since 4am, and it was now almost 7pm. My sister loves wine, so she had a glass of something red. I am not a wine drinker, nor a beer drinker, and pretty much don't like most alcoholic drinks, so I had the Minute Maid Light Pomegranite Lemonade, which is what I usually get most times. I'm surprised I still like this, as while getting chemo, I had the most disgusting salty plastic like taste in my mouth, and the only thing that would cut through it was cranberry type juices. I can't bear to look at the stuff now.

For our entrees, Mare had the Rosemary Brined Pork Tenderloin - apples, pear puree, ahd ham jus $23.99, and I had the Pan-seared Chicken - sweet potato, walnut butter, dried cherries, haricot vert, and truffle brown butter vinaigrette $18.99. We both enjoyed our meals a lot! That, or we were just too hungry to notice. I'm sorry I'm not more descriptive. I've never written dining reviews before, so always forget to take photos, but on my trip next month, I'm going to try to be more proactive, get photos, and take notes of the food! My bff, who is going with me, will probably think I'm nuts!:laughing:

It was so nice to just sit and relax. My sister & I kept looking at each other like "how lucky are we to be here right now?" It was an amazing feeling. Disney, Christmas time, first sister's trip, pricless!::yes:: After dinner, we moseyed on back to the Boardwalk, stopped in the general store, bought some big bottles of water, my sister bought a bottle of wine, a few string cheeses for the morning, went back to our room, I dowloaded all my pics for the day, and my sister went to bed.

Nighty night day 1!

Nice pictures. We've only been to Disney for the holidays once or twice. It always looks festive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter