Site inspections at River Country?

They SHOULD refurb River Country as is and use it as the pool area for a new jungle resort! We would all fight over it's DVC points! You know you would.

...and open a tiki bar on Discovery Island with a fleet of honor system canoes available for shuttle. Or maybe a rope bridge. I should be an imagineer.
Yup-- drinking with the only means of return being a canoe paddled by the bar patrons......that won't be a problem....

They need to put the tee pee resort on discovery island so at night the natives can raid the copper creek cabins.....

PS This news was first from "another forum" where it was shared and discussed .... before above "breaking" article. :rolleyes:

Nowadays they only build DVC anymore so if it becomes anything at the old River Country location, it'll be DVC. Bama Ed

Old rumor ???

So my first thought was this is going to be another DVC, because that's what Disney is all about and there has been a DVC proposal for this area before. Then I started thinking back to a comment I had seen by I believe Martin on WDWMagic. It was in regards to Caribbean Beach and how loss of "moderate" rooms due to Riviera may be added back in some other place. Or something like that, maybe I am remembering it wrong. I then went to a thread again on WDWMagic about a Volcano hotel rumor from WDWNT. In it Martin posted this comment... if it doesn't link automatically its comment #12

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/volcano-hotel.926753/#post-7693484

"Whilst I've heard nothing specific, something did pop up a few weeks ago that could be linked to a new resort in the MK area. It's all a little vague still and doesn't - to me at least - seem likely at the moment.

But it did remind me of a plan near the Contemporary from the 90s."

A plan near the Contemporary in the 90's was Buffalo Junction. Which was supposed to be a moderate price resort. It would work with the whole loss of moderate rooms, addition in another place. Again if I had to guess I would say it will most likely be DVC, I really am not sure if Disney will ever build a moderate resort again. So far Martin hasn't commented on the permits yet, I'm sure he will later today and completely dispel everything I typed up. Sorry this comment got so long didn't expect it to ha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!