Site inspections at River Country?

So my first thought was this is going to be another DVC, because that's what Disney is all about and there has been a DVC proposal for this area before. Then I started thinking back to a comment I had seen by I believe Martin on WDWMagic. It was in regards to Caribbean Beach and how loss of "moderate" rooms due to Riviera may be added back in some other place. Or something like that, maybe I am remembering it wrong. I then went to a thread again on WDWMagic about a Volcano hotel rumor from WDWNT. In it Martin posted this comment... if it doesn't link automatically its comment #12

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/volcano-hotel.926753/#post-7693484

"Whilst I've heard nothing specific, something did pop up a few weeks ago that could be linked to a new resort in the MK area. It's all a little vague still and doesn't - to me at least - seem likely at the moment.

But it did remind me of a plan near the Contemporary from the 90s."

A plan near the Contemporary in the 90's was Buffalo Junction. Which was supposed to be a moderate price resort. It would work with the whole loss of moderate rooms, addition in another place. Again if I had to guess I would say it will most likely be DVC, I really am not sure if Disney will ever build a moderate resort again. So far Martin hasn't commented on the permits yet, I'm sure he will later today and completely dispel everything I typed up. Sorry this comment got so long didn't expect it to ha
The last Disney "hotel" built was in 2012. Since then, 3 new DVC resorts have opened, one was a new "ground up" resort and the other 2 were hotel conversions. Last year, 2 new Hotels were announced (Star Wars and Coronado Springs) as well as one new DVC resort (Riviera). I surmise that the hotel occupancy was not as high as they wanted and that DVC sales continued to be strong so they reduced hotel rooms and added DVC rooms, all in one step. They seem to plan the DVC resorts so that a new one starts up when the previous one is selling. Copper Creek will take a while to sell out then the Riviera will take over. If DVC stay on course, it will need to break ground on a new resort within the next 24 months. Design and permitting will take about a year. Having said that, it certainly could be a hotel and not a DVC Resort.

The last Disney "hotel" built was in 2012. Since then, 3 new DVC resorts have opened, one was a new "ground up" resort and the other 2 were hotel conversions. Last year, 2 new Hotels were announced (Star Wars and Coronado Springs) as well as one new DVC resort (Riviera). I surmise that the hotel occupancy was not as high as they wanted and that DVC sales continued to be strong so they reduced hotel rooms and added DVC rooms, all in one step. They seem to plan the DVC resorts so that a new one starts up when the previous one is selling. Copper Creek will take a while to sell out then the Riviera will take over. If DVC stay on course, it will need to break ground on a new resort within the next 24 months. Design and permitting will take about a year. Having said that, it certainly could be a hotel and not a DVC Resort.

I am certain I read somewhere that Copper Creek is selling so well that it might sell out before the Riviera DVC resort is open.

Couldn't it be a hotel with a DVC wing? I don't see why it has to be one or the other. I would like it if it were a Hotel/DVC property with a large water area. Beach Club is popular for that reason, so they would be smart to add some sort of lazy river/significant water play area on a new DVC property.

Couldn't it be a hotel with a DVC wing? I don't see why it has to be one or the other. I would like it if it were a Hotel/DVC property with a large water area. Beach Club is popular for that reason, so they would be smart to add some sort of lazy river/significant water play area on a new DVC property.
It certainly could be that. The Boardwalk was built that way

So my first thought was this is going to be another DVC, because that's what Disney is all about and there has been a DVC proposal for this area before. Then I started thinking back to a comment I had seen by I believe Martin on WDWMagic. It was in regards to Caribbean Beach and how loss of "moderate" rooms due to Riviera may be added back in some other place.

Personally I don't think Disney cares about the moderate levels, and at the currently creeping prices of them ... I think they will lose plenty of guests to offsite because they simply are not worth the price. And offsite offerings are growing. It's not like CBR lost rooms, ambience and much more on it's own - Disney is destroying it. They will make a lot more money on that DVC tower, which still makes no sense. What is the plus? What do they get special? CSR - those hotel rooms will be primarily marketed to conventions/meetings and maybe to pick up some deluxe guests that are going to be done with the prices at some deluxe. Disney has opened up Disney Springs hotels to more perks this year; one hotel there is renovated, one is getting ready to start and another surely has a renovation in the future. Disney sold land to Marriott to build Flamingo Springs moderate hotels. Why would Disney add more moderate? You never have trouble getting those rooms ...

DVC is Disney's cash cow right now. I don't think Riviera is going to be the seller that others have been, but a DVC on the water at Ft Wilderness could be something different than the others and popular (WL has done well). I know several who have been big RV campers there but have aged to point they don't want to haul anymore. I totally see them buying in to this if built.

I do remember reading rumors (I believe it was a Jim Korkis book but please don't hold me to that), that the area was to be turned into a small water park exclusively for Ft. Wilderness guests. I personally think this would be an amazing idea! We all know what a draw Stormalong Bay is!!

However, this would probably result in a big price hike for one of the more politely priced deluxes.

Does anyone know if you need permits of the nature rumored to demolish the structures there in Florida? I'm used to PA where you practically need a permit to install a bird bath in your yard!!

I know its a stretch, but perhaps its a possibility...

I suppose you have to look at revenue generation.
The my magic system has given them a ton of info on spending habits. They know what the average value/moderate/deluxe/DVC family spends. I think you'll now see the next wave of lodging taking advantage of that info.
If you can add 1000 beds...and have to choose who gives you the best return on that overall, in terms of the lodging, food, beverage, tours and merchandise. They have to have data that can tell them what the sweet spot is. Do people that cram 5 into a value suite spend more overall, than 3 people in a moderate? Does the level of service at a moderate/deluxe create a labor cost problem, or a human resource problem?

The DVC wave was about maximizing lodging profits. I think the next wave, looks at the overall picture, and I think we are going see some things blend together.

I suppose you have to look at revenue generation.
The my magic system has given them a ton of info on spending habits. They know what the average value/moderate/deluxe/DVC family spends. I think you'll now see the next wave of lodging taking advantage of that info.
If you can add 1000 beds...and have to choose who gives you the best return on that overall, in terms of the lodging, food, beverage, tours and merchandise. They have to have data that can tell them what the sweet spot is. Do people that cram 5 into a value suite spend more overall, than 3 people in a moderate? Does the level of service at a moderate/deluxe create a labor cost problem, or a human resource problem?

The DVC wave was about maximizing lodging profits. I think the next wave, looks at the overall picture, and I think we are going see some things blend together.

I absolutely agree. How much guests spend depending on the level of lodging is certainly a very complicated issue.

For instance, my family basically always stays at Deluxes, but we have only done one 'add-on', the MNSSHP.

I have seen many posters say they will stay a value and do every possible add-on, VIP tour, signature dining experience, tour from Walt Disney himself event offered!!! (which is certainly their choice)

Once the numbers are run, I am very interested to see where the next money making wave comes from. (It seems from anecdotal evidence and experience guests purchase much less merchandise than they used to)

I absolutely agree. How much guests spend depending on the level of lodging is certainly a very complicated issue.

For instance, my family basically always stays at Deluxes, but we have only done one 'add-on', the MNSSHP.

I have seen many posters say they will stay a value and do every possible add-on, VIP tour, signature dining experience, tour from Walt Disney himself event offered!!! (which is certainly their choice)

Once the numbers are run, I am very interested to see where the next money making wave comes from. (It seems from anecdotal evidence and experience guests purchase much less merchandise than they used to)
I don't buy as much stuff as before mostly because it's all the same stuff wherever you go. That plus a lot is always the 2018/yearly merchandise.

Does anyone know what the occupancy rate is for Disney-owned hotels? Are there any that have high vacancies?
Depends on time of year, and if the resort is undergoing renovations. Disney occupation domestically has been somewhere around 80-90% over the last couple years which is quite good and where Disney would want it to be.

Questions for geo scientists, civil engineers, or other experts:

Are "geotechnical borings" noisy? Would they disrupt the peace at Boulder Ridge, Copper Creek, or Fort Wilderness?

Also, does anyone have an idea when this would be most likely to happen?

Questions for geo scientists, civil engineers, or other experts:

Are "geotechnical borings" noisy? Would they disrupt the peace at Boulder Ridge, Copper Creek, or Fort Wilderness?

Also, does anyone have an idea when this would be most likely to happen?
No, not very noisy. A small truck drives a pipe into the ground anywhere from 20'-50' and pull up soil samples and that them back to the lab for analysis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!