Site inspections at River Country?

No, not very noisy. A small truck drives a pipe into the ground anywhere from 20'-50' and pull up soil samples and that them back to the lab for analysis.

Thanks RRB! Good to know. :goodvibes

On a related subject to an earlier post, DVCNews.com just posted that 23% of the total number of points for the Copper Creek resort have now been sold. If sales stay on this pace, they will sell out the resort in February 2020. Riviera Resort is scheduled to open Fall of 2019. This follows DVC's goal in having a new resort come online as another resort is winding down. The next DVC resort should therefore be planned to open around mid 2022

I absolutely agree. How much guests spend depending on the level of lodging is certainly a very complicated issue.

For instance, my family basically always stays at Deluxes, but we have only done one 'add-on', the MNSSHP.

I have seen many posters say they will stay a value and do every possible add-on, VIP tour, signature dining experience, tour from Walt Disney himself event offered!!! (which is certainly their choice)

Once the numbers are run, I am very interested to see where the next money making wave comes from. (It seems from anecdotal evidence and experience guests purchase much less merchandise than they used to)

I also believe that the data will look at overall spending. Now they can easily track "who" is their cash cow: the once in a lifetime let's blow the budget" guests, or the "slow and steady multiple trips" families. I am not at all sure how this will affect us, but I am pretty sure that we are like your family. We return again and again, typacally stay at a Deluxe and we tend to spend freely, but not on "add ons." We generally will add one extra, however we do not always feel compelled to so so. We do shop, we dine, we enjoy cocktails, and we treat ourselves to the spa, etc, and we seldom spend all day in the parks, so how wil that add up to the folks who are RD to park close, stay at teh values, because they are only there to sleep, and spend on the extras like tours and parties?

As to the merchandise, we stopped buying when the resorts and parks lost the merchandise specific to their location. I do not need too many more generic Disney cups or shirts.

As to the merchandise, we stopped buying when the resorts and parks lost the merchandise specific to their location. I do not need too many more generic Disney cups or shirts.

Totally get that! I started hunting for the old style resort mugs in thrift stores... you know what I find TONS of? the standard RapidRefill cups. I want a HUGE Dixie Landings jug LOL!
I almost bought a set of 3 DCL mugs this week but decided not to. ;)

It's about they do something about River Country. It's turning into a home for gators:sad2: It seems like Disney does procrastinate a bit. Kind of like Legendary Years, (now AoA) I understand why they delayed the opening,(because of 9/11) but after a few years, I feel like they just procrastinated.

It's about they do something about River Country. It's turning into a home for gators:sad2: It seems like Disney does procrastinate a bit. Kind of like Legendary Years, (now AoA) I understand why they delayed the opening,(because of 9/11) but after a few years, I feel like they just procrastinated.
Any open body of water in Florida is a home for alligators. There isn't much way around that.

Any open body of water in Florida is a home for alligators. There isn't much way around that.
Well, there was. We did almost exterminate them. We just choose not to do that now. Honestly, alligators are an amazing survival story from where they were in the 70s and early 80s. We just don't always appreciate that story because... giant scary lizards that occasionally kill people and often eat pets aren't real cuddly and fun.

I do remember reading rumors (I believe it was a Jim Korkis book but please don't hold me to that), that the area was to be turned into a small water park exclusively for Ft. Wilderness guests. I personally think this would be an amazing idea! We all know what a draw Stormalong Bay is!!

However, this would probably result in a big price hike for one of the more politely priced deluxes.

Does anyone know if you need permits of the nature rumored to demolish the structures there in Florida? I'm used to PA where you practically need a permit to install a bird bath in your yard!!

I know its a stretch, but perhaps its a possibility...

I also remember hearing this a few years back and agree that it is the most logical and plausable idea.....It would not necessarily surprise me to hear that they were building yet another hotel, but honestly those being built at CBR and CSR look so enormous so I can't imagine that they really need to build ANOTHER hotel, especially so close to two other large properties. A great water feature pool at the Fort would I am sure encourage guests to stay there, Stormalong Bay is a great draw for Beach Club/Yacht Club and I know that some families land there because of it. . . I really HOPE that is what they do .... closing it off to the lake to provide "pool" water only and keeping it very similar to the footprint of River Country (leaving the beach part out I guess)....I still remember going to River Country as a young girl :) I doubt that they would restore it as a separate gate water park, it does not have the size or theme to compete with Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon.

I also remember hearing this a few years back and agree that it is the most logical and plausable idea.....It would not necessarily surprise me to hear that they were building yet another hotel, but honestly those being built at CBR and CSR look so enormous so I can't imagine that they really need to build ANOTHER hotel, especially so close to two other large properties. A great water feature pool at the Fort would I am sure encourage guests to stay there, Stormalong Bay is a great draw for Beach Club/Yacht Club and I know that some families land there because of it. . . I really HOPE that is what they do .... closing it off to the lake to provide "pool" water only and keeping it very similar to the footprint of River Country (leaving the beach part out I guess)....I still remember going to River Country as a young girl :) I doubt that they would restore it as a separate gate water park, it does not have the size or theme to complete with Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon.

The Fort is at capacity pretty much year round for the RV sites. I don't think the cabins are quite as popular, but they are pretty full. There isn't any reason to add amenities to The Fort. Over the last few decades The Fort and the surrounding area has continually been stripped of attractions while prices have gone up. It hasn't stopped anyone from coming. If anything is being built at River Country, I'd put money on it being a DVC resort. Copper Canyon is selling well from all reports, showing the ongoing popularity of the MK area.

I also remember hearing this a few years back and agree that it is the most logical and plausable idea.....It would not necessarily surprise me to hear that they were building yet another hotel, but honestly those being built at CBR and CSR look so enormous so I can't imagine that they really need to build ANOTHER hotel, especially so close to two other large properties. A great water feature pool at the Fort would I am sure encourage guests to stay there, Stormalong Bay is a great draw for Beach Club/Yacht Club and I know that some families land there because of it. . . I really HOPE that is what they do .... closing it off to the lake to provide "pool" water only and keeping it very similar to the footprint of River Country (leaving the beach part out I guess)....I still remember going to River Country as a young girl :) I doubt that they would restore it as a separate gate water park, it does not have the size or theme to compete with Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon.

One regret I have with Disney is never being able to go to River Country. It looked like nothing else and a ton of fun!!

One regret I have with Disney is never being able to go to River Country. It looked like nothing else and a ton of fun!!

It was a very cool place. My first memories of it in the mid to late 80s as a 8-11 year old are very neat. By the time I went back again, in 98, it had become incredibly crowded. It was pretty clear that River Country wasn't big enough. Had the changes in water usage laws not caused problems, RC was going to have to change anyway. Either becoming an amenity of the local resorts or just having some kind of restriction on who could come in. Between the change to how they could use the lake water, the capacity problems, plus the aging infrastructure, and the changing mores on what was acceptable corporate risk, I think RC was in trouble from the planning stages of Blizzard Beach. 9/11 was just the last straw.

That doesn't mean I don't miss it. It was a very different kind of water park than Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach or pretty much anything you can find today. Much more primitive. Much more personal fun than simply rides you lined up for. That being said, I remember the few slides they had being almost painful and some of the attractions would just be shocking in today's legal environment. It really wasn't that big, but before it got overly crowded it was a lot of fun if you were staying at WL or FW to shoot over there in the afternoons or spend a day there instead of the big parks.

Here is an overlay that DVCNews did on their site. It shows the new resort (as leaked in 2014) on top of the permit plans. This doesn't make sense for a couple of reasons

1 - The building just visible on the right side of the plan is the Hoop Dee Doo Review Building. Look how close it is the the wing of the new resort.
2 - Mickeys Backyard BBQ building as well as the stables are in the way of the new resort.
3 - the location of the borings do not coincide with the footprint of the resort.

I am thinking that if it is a new resort, it will be located toward the WL and not as shown on this plan. There is plenty of room to the west.

b_1200_800_0_10_images_stories_OthResort_FtW_Permit_201803a.jpg

I agree, the boring locations don't agree with the layout of the proposal for 2014. In addition I don't see him eliminating the barbecue in any way and probably not even the stables. I don't see being close to Hoop Dee Doo Review would be a big issue however.

I also wonder why they are doing borings around the wetlands. I know they can relocate them but that takes a lot of work and is a an drawn out process.

Almost certain at this point.
I agree except we saw this head fake before. It'll be interesting what they do for transport. Stick with boats or add something new. I'm guessing boats. They work pretty well for WL and FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!