Six Flags Full Day Or Multi Day?

Canadi-Lynne

Missing my happy place!
Hello! We are planning another trip to Cali for 2021 (pandemic pending) and we are wondering if Six Flags is something you can comfortably do in a day or if you should plan on more time?

Do you want to do Hurricane Harbor? If so, I would give one day for the main park, and another for Hurricane Harbor. The main park is doable in a day. The lines can be long, but I think Six Flags gives you the option to buy front of the line passes, so that can help for the big coasters.

Do you want to do Hurricane Harbor? If so, I would give one day for the main park, and another for Hurricane Harbor. The main park is doable in a day. The lines can be long, but I think Six Flags gives you the option to buy front of the line passes, so that can help for the big coasters.
Knowing my boys they will want to do it all! Thank you for your advice, it's hard to know the time involved when you haven't been there before!

If you go on a Saturday during the summer or any school holiday it will be packed and is absolutely a multi day park. Also avoid days that Season Pass holders and Members are allowed to bring a guest into the park for free, those days the park will reach capacity.

Sundays are busy but far more manageable.

Also avoid days that park hosts cheerleader groups or christian school groups, the park will be packed.

Visit on a weekday in Jan through early June and Mid August through early December when the park is open from 10:30am-6pm. The park is a ghost town during these times and you will have no problem doing everything that is open.

The park usually post groups or special event days here:

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/special-events

This has been YEARS ago (like...close to 20 😲 ) but our experience was that if you want to go on the big coasters, you have to plan for multi day, whereas if you're a wimp like me and just want to do the little stuff, you can do lots in one day. We went as a large group and those who wanted to do the big coasters stood in line 3-4 hours for each ride and only did 2 or 3 rides. I did tons of stuff and never waited more than a few minutes.

Now, I recognize that things change, and there are new options like buying fastpass type things, so this information is probably very outdated, but I wanted to share anyway.

If you go on a Saturday during the summer or any school holiday it will be packed and is absolutely a multi day park. Also avoid days that Season Pass holders and Members are allowed to bring a guest into the park for free, those days the park will reach capacity.

Sundays are busy but far more manageable.

Also avoid days that park hosts cheerleader groups or christian school groups, the park will be packed.

Visit on a weekday in Jan through early June and Mid August through early December when the park is open from 10:30am-6pm. The park is a ghost town during these times and you will have no problem doing everything that is open.

The park usually post groups or special event days here:

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/special-events
Yes for sure look at groups and when they visit. The last time I went was in 2011 for grad nite (yikes I feel old lol). My school only went at night for the party, but I did hear of other schools who were there during the daytime. So that might impact crowds.

This has been YEARS ago (like...close to 20 😲 ) but our experience was that if you want to go on the big coasters, you have to plan for multi day, whereas if you're a wimp like me and just want to do the little stuff, you can do lots in one day. We went as a large group and those who wanted to do the big coasters stood in line 3-4 hours for each ride and only did 2 or 3 rides. I did tons of stuff and never waited more than a few minutes.

Now, I recognize that things change, and there are new options like buying fastpass type things, so this information is probably very outdated, but I wanted to share anyway.
My friend and her boyfriend went last summer and said they got through all the major coasters but they had the fastpass option. They said if they didn't they would've been stuck in 3-4 hour lines. So that fastpass is something to look into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter