six flags magic mountain

dizneyprincess1

Mouseketeer
I have read many reports on Six flags and the violence they used to have there. I am planning on going there in August and i am wondering if they are still having problems with gang violence or has it been corrected. thanks

I haven't heard of any on the coaster forums I frequent, but I'm not a local and have only been there twice back in 2010.

You will be fine if you avoid the weekends and evenings, which is what I plan on doing when I visit again this summer.

I have heard of the problem the park has had but I didn't experience any of them on my first trip to the park last September. I went on the Sunday after Labor Day, It wasn't open during the week. It wasn't a super busy day though. I liked the park better than Knotts Berry Farm and wish I would have planned a second day there. Not because the lines were bad but because as I've gotten older, I can only ride those extremem rides in smaller doses.

The park does have metal detectors as you enter the park and there is a police substation right on site.

I have read many reports on Six flags and the violence they used to have there. I am planning on going there in August and i am wondering if they are still having problems with gang violence or has it been corrected. thanks

If there was an incident every year, that would be A LOT... and still only a 1 in 250 (I think they are closed like 100 days a year? No?) chance of it happening on the day you are there. The odds of you being in the same part of the park are smaller than that, and the odds of you being involved would be 1 in... millions. My guess is that the drive to/from SFMM outweigh the risks of being there by several orders of magnitude... like 1000x as many people hurt/killed in car accidents driving there as are hurt/killed in the park.

That said, what to expect at SFMM. HOT!!!! Lots of kids running around being jerks. LONG lines at a few key rides early, then long lines everywhere later. Poor maintenance, trash, more unruly teens, young adults making messes.

LOTS of awesome, extreme thrill rides.

Lots of line cutters, jerks, people trashing the park.

Oh, did I mention HOT!!!!!

I love SFMM for the thrill rides. It is just a a mirror image of Disneyland when it comes to the behavior of most guests. I've seen more strollers parked outside Pirates at one time, then I have seen inside SFMM in an entire day.

That said, what to expect at SFMM. HOT!!!! Lots of kids running around being jerks. LONG lines at a few key rides early, then long lines everywhere later. Poor maintenance, trash, more unruly teens, young adults making messes.

I will admit this is what I expected going into my trip to SFMM. But for the most part my experience was the exact opposite. That being said, it was probably due to picking a good day to go.

The LONG lines were only long lines. I waited half an hour or X2, Superman and Tatsu. Everything else I rode was nearly walkon. I walked on to Scream, Apocalypse, Goliath, and revolution. For the most part, people were well behaved. I guess the biggest surprise to me was the scale of the "mountain". Most other parks I'd been to have been built on flat or nearly flat land. Magin Mountain is built on a decent sized hill that I ended up walking up and down several times during the day.

The LONG lines were only long lines. I waited half an hour or X2, Superman and Tatsu. Everything else I rode was nearly walkon. I walked on to Scream, Apocalypse, Goliath, and revolution. For the most part, people were well behaved.

You were pretty lucky. Last two times we've gone, it was one ride at 15 minutes early in the morning, then every other ride was at least and hour long.

I'm a six flags MM local who worked at the park back in the 90s and 2000s when the violence was happening (riots, race wars, etc) and I can tell you first hand its not like that anymore. I have two little boys and we've had season passes to both Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor (the water park next door) for years and years. We are there often and see no problems........besides it not being as clean and magical as Disney! :lmao: let me know if you have any other questions about the park

I'm going to be in the area for New Years and was looking at going to the park.

Either Dec 30th as the park closes at 8pm or the first weekend of Jan although it's shutting at 6pm. Given that its still the school holidays I was trying to figure out what Flash pass would be best as I'm going for the roller coasters, I've only got one day to visit the park really. I can afford all of the passes although obviously I don't want to buy the more expensive ones unless it's needed and also wether to book in advance or buy on the day incase the weathers bad.

Hijacking a bit... has anyone been on Thanksgiving Day? My guess is that is the best choice of Wed-Fri that week.... crowded?? (well obviously crowded, but HOW crowded?).

Kim

Highjacking this thread a bit too. Will be going to SFMM on Dec 8, and 9. That's Saturday and Sunday. What should I expect in terms on crowd levels, weather, etc?

What rides are the ones we should do right at rope drop? In other words which ones are the most popular ones? Thanks a bunch :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter