Six Flags with kids- trip report

iheartdisney

DIS Veteran
24August Magic Mountain with Kids- Trip report
magicmountain112.jpg

I’m a week behind here, but with a 3, 2, and 6 month old, it takes awhile to get a minute alone to put my thoughts down!
The base doesn’t sell the two-park pass, so we ended up with just Magic Mountain tickets, We’ll try the water park next year, if its still there! We left Port Hueneme by 5 am, and arrived at my mother-in-law’s hotel to a surprise:
magicmountain104.jpg

Jamie McMurray was taking up the parking lot!
Here’s an overview of our experiences from the park
magicmountain143.jpg

Bugs Bunny World- When our group split up, my fun really started. The men and SIL went for the coasters, while, me, MIL and BIL’s girlfriend headed off to Bugs Bunny World. It was a blast. This is when you notice the main change in yourself when you become a parent. My kids were smiling and having the time of their life, and it made my day. When people say “Why take them, they won’t remember it” I want to show them a picture of my little ones with a big smile on their face and say “That’s why!” My only wish would be in my husband would have stayed with us, because he misses so much, I wish he could have had a part in those memories. Oh well, he’s a guy, what can you do
magicmountain144.jpg

I’m going to correct the bad-mouthing on this and other boards regarding Six Flags employees- every ride operator we encountered in Bug World was friendly, helpful, and never did I see the disregard and incompetence that I heard about. These guys really made the day that much better Bravo Zulu all around!

Money- Very, very minimal! We ate before and after, and in between got the kids a lunch box to split. We had the Camelback, but also invested in the $10 cup, with $1 refills, which was well worth it.
Also, we spent some money in the midway- we were hit by the mind control gasses!
magicmountain168.jpg

The guess your age or weight booth was a riot! Here’s a tip- they are giving that stuff away!!! They told my husband he looks 35 (really upset and area he’s already insecure about) and MIL she’s 35. So go to that booth if you want a cheap souvenir!
The guys invested in the Flashpasses, which really were a waste of time on that particular day. They had 4 of them leftover at the end of the day. It was really slow, so what’s the point of a Flashpass if you walk right on anyway? And the Flashpass line on Tatsu was just as long as the queue, so it was kind of a waste!
Coasters- I only got on a few, so here’s what I thought of them:

Tatsu- I followed the online advice and held my breath and pulled down as far as I could on the restraint, so the ride was very smooth. I didn’t start yelling like a girl until the loop! It’s a good thing they designed this coaster to make you drop your gum before it stars, huh?! (Very, very gross assortment of chewed gum!)
magicmountain120.jpg

Viper- Here I noticed one of the main differences from Disney- the loading system. There was no way to keep the group together, because everyone pretty much stayed in the same line. There was no direction- only 2 operators on the whole loading platform. And I got to thwart to famous line jumpers by not letting them push past my group. That’s when you know you fall in the older person category- when the teenagers shoot you dirty looks! Next question- what are all of the blank TV screens for?

Riddler’s Revenge: Would have been a good coaster, but for the extremely painful restraint system! I did a kid swap, so I must have missed the instructions on how to fix the seat area, but I was on my tiptoes and seriously hurting! It’s a good thing we are done having children, because that might have fixed the issue altogether!

Overall, it was a great day, and if you have small children, have fun! It was not nearly as bad as I had heard, or maybe I just went on a good day. We had a great time. Thanks everyone for all of the advice beforehand!
magicmountain170.jpg

Thanks for your report, and your pics were great! :sunny:

I also like Magic Mountain, though not as much as when I was younger, lol. I also have found the employees there to be nice, and my kids, who are teens now, really enjoy it there.

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter