Sketch Swap~Interest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgansmom2000

DIS Veteran
I've gotten the go-ahead to hostess another sketch swap. I don't know about you guys, but I LOVE having the completed pages to put pictures on. ;)

So, I'm looking for feedback. We did a Parks/Lands swap last year. Is anyone interested in Characters/Rides this time? Or, just general Disney? I'm open to suggestions.

I'm leaning toward making it a requirement that there be spots for at least two 4x6 photos OR one 5x7 and three (or more) smaller photo spots.

Any preference as to one- or two-page layouts?

Also, when is a good due date? Most likely after the holidays, since we're coming up on the busiest time of the year!

Please give me some feedback. :thumbsup2

My boss is out of the office because he has no power...I've come up with a list (not etched in stone, not exhaustive, but a place to jump off from) if we were to do Rides/Attractions (I do have a few characters listed for Epcot, also).

Magic Kingdom

1. Fantasyland
  2. Dumbo
  3. Barnstormer
  4. It's a Small World
  5. Enchanted Tales with Belle
  6. Journey of the Little Mermaid
  7. Mad Tea Party
  8. Mickey's PhilharMagic
  9. Peter Pan's Flight
  10. Prince Charming Regal Carousel
  11. Snow White's Scary Adventure
  12. Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  13. Adventureland
  14. Enchanted Tiki Room
  15. Jungle Cruise
  16. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  17. Pirates of the Caribbean
  18. Swiss Family Tree House
  19. Frontierland
  20. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  21. Splash Mountain
  22. Country Bear Jamboree
  23. Tom Sawyer Island
  24. Liberty Square
  25. Haunted Mansion
  26. Hall of Presidents
  27. Liberty Belle Riverboat
  28. Main Street USA
  29. Dapper Dans
  30. Railroad
  31. In front of the Castle
  32. Tomorrowland
  33. Astro Orbiter
  34. Buzz Lightyear
  35. Stitch's Great Escape
  36. Carousel of Progress
  37. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
  38. Space Mountain
  39. Tomorrowland Speedway
  40. Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Animal Kingdom

Africa
Kilimanjaro Safari
Pangani Exploration Trail

Asia
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Flights of Wonder
Kali River Rapids
Expedition Everest

Shows
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo the Musical
It's Tough to be a Bug
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade

Dinoland USA
Boneyard
Dinosaur
Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama
TriceraTop Spin
Primeval Whirl

Other
Tree of Life/Discovery Island
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Oasis
Camp Minnie-Mickey Characters?

Epcot

Future World East and West
Universe of Energy
Spaceship Earth
Mission Space
Test Track
Character Spot
Innoventions East and West?

Imagination
Journey into Imagination with Figment
Captain EO

The Land
The Circle of Life
Living with the Land Boat Ride
Soarin'

The Seas
Nemo & Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush
Bruce's Shark World

World Showcase - Attractions
Three Caballeros
Maelstrom
Reflections of China
The American Adventure
Impressions de France
O Canada!

World Showcase Countries
Mexico
Norway
China
Germany
Italy
American Adventure
Japan
Morocco
France
United Kingdom
Canada
Outpost

Epcot Characters
Marie
Aladdin & Jasmine
Duffy
Dopey & Snow White
Beast & Belle
Alice in Wonderland
Mary Poppins
Pooh
Chip & Dale
Mulan

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Hollywood Boulevard/Echo Lake
Great Movie Ride
Indiana Jones
Star Tours
American Idol?
In Front of the Sorcerer's Hat

Streets of America
Muppet Vision 3D
Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set
Lights Motors Action
Backlot Tour

Pixar Place/Mickey Avenue/Animation Courtyard
Toy Story Midway Mania
One Man's Dream
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
The Magic of Disney Animation
Disney Jr., Live!

Sunset Boulevard
Beauty & The Beast On Stage
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
Fantasmic

Downtown Disney Photo Ops
World of Disney
Lego Nessie
Lego Tourists
T-Rex
Rainforest Cafe
Carousel
Pooh & Friends
Holiday Characters (near the water fountain?)

Blizzard Beach
Summit Plummet
Slush Gusher
Downhill Double Dipper
Chairlift
Runoff Rapids
Snow Stormers
Teamboat Springs
Cross Country Creek
Meltaway Bay
Toboggan Racers

Typhoon Lagoon
Castaway Creek
Gangplank Falls
Humunga Cowabunga
Keel Haul Falls
Crush 'n' Gusher
Mayday Falls
Shark Reef
Storm Slides
Wave Pools

Mini Golf
Winter
Summerland
Fantasia Gardens

Interested - I've not done one of these but it sounds great!

I like the 4 x 6 (I don't use 5x7) and I think one page layouts would work, but of course I am with the majority being a newbie to this type of swap

with ya on the due date being next year.

My oh my, you have been a busy girl today! So many tempting choices....where would I begin? Better give us a six month deadline :lmao: I, too, would prefer single page layouts with 4"X6" since there are so many groups I would want to sign up for.

Looks like a fun swap but I will have to sit it out. :) need to use up my pieces and concentrate on "work". I can angel if needed.

Perhaps with so many choices, you could break it down into parks, and then do a swap for a certain park each quarter of the year, rather than all of them at the same time.

VickiV

Interested - I've not done one of these but it sounds great!

I like the 4 x 6 (I don't use 5x7) and I think one page layouts would work, but of course I am with the majority being a newbie to this type of swap

with ya on the due date being next year.

Welcome! I was thinking 5x7 for PhotoPass, they seem to print best at 5x7.

My oh my, you have been a busy girl today! So many tempting choices....where would I begin? Better give us a six month deadline :lmao: I, too, would prefer single page layouts with 4"X6" since there are so many groups I would want to sign up for.

:)

Looks like a fun swap but I will have to sit it out. :) need to use up my pieces and concentrate on "work". I can angel if needed.

Thanks, Rachal, good luck on "work."

Perhaps with so many choices, you could break it down into parks, and then do a swap for a certain park each quarter of the year, rather than all of them at the same time.

VickiV

Oh, now that's an idea!

I'm in :thumbsup2

I do like the 2page spreads, but will do 1 if that's the vote!

my two cents....doing all the parks might get too big if we include each ride etc. what if you did more of a "general" theme or color theme for each park/land

example

general DHS
general AK
general Epcot - future world
general Epcot - worldshowcase
general MK - Fantasyland
- Tomorrowland
- Liberty Square
- Adventureland

I will be in for a few groups. I am good with either one or two page layouts, will go with the majority.

As for groups, we can go more general or break it down by park.

Hi I'm interested!!
I like 2 pages spreads usualy. I also thing some more general theam as a lot of rides I wouldn't have pictures for.

VickiV

Oh I like this idea very much - if we do it this way then I think 2 page spreads would be great.. (I said one because I just was thinking it was soo big!)

but again I am with majority rules here..

I'm in :thumbsup2

I do like the 2page spreads, but will do 1 if that's the vote!

my two cents....doing all the parks might get too big if we include each ride etc. what if you did more of a "general" theme or color theme for each park/land

example

general DHS
general AK
general Epcot - future world
general Epcot - worldshowcase
general MK - Fantasyland
- Tomorrowland
- Liberty Square
- Adventureland

Personally, I have too many "generic" pages. I was looking for more "specific" titles. I'm happy to have a couple groups of generic though.

I will be in for a few groups. I am good with either one or two page layouts, will go with the majority.

As for groups, we can go more general or break it down by park.

I think I like the idea of breaking it down by park and doing one quarterly. We could do MK first by itself, AK with Downtown Disney and Mini Golf, Epcot by itself, and DHS with the water parks?

Hi I'm interested!!
I like 2 pages spreads usualy. I also thing some more general theam as a lot of rides I wouldn't have pictures for.

I'm thinking ahead to next year's trip :)

Oh I like this idea very much - if we do it this way then I think 2 page spreads would be great.. (I said one because I just was thinking it was soo big!)

but again I am with majority rules here..

If we break it down by park, it's not as overwhelming, but I'm open to either one- or two-page layouts. If we do one-pagers, it will force me to pick a few of my bazillion pictures ;)

I love the idea of breaking it down and will vote for 2-page spreads if that's what we do. I also am voting for the more specific themes for pages. I've scrapped most of the general pages already and need more specifics.

Is there a way to do signups differently for this? Like maybe have each person pick a certain number of layouts to do and choose their theme for them. Then after all of that is done, have all the categories open so we could pick which rides we receive in return (up to the number of layouts we have signed up for). Or would this be too confusing. I was just thinking that it would allow those of us who need specific ride layouts to receive exactly what we are looking for without getting ones back we may not use or need.

Just a thought and maybe it won't work. ;) I have a Halloween hangover and am not thinking very clearly.

Here's another idea: break it down like the ABC swaps. Have each person pick 2 or 3 rides and mass generate the layouts so everyone gets one of everything back. We could accomodate as many/few swappers as wanted to participate. I don't mind making large numbers of just 2 or 3 sets, its coming up with the ideas for 15 different ones that fries my brain.

great idea Danielle...

Jennifer, guess I should of been more clear on my "general" maybe not include titles, then we could add our own for a certain ride, since we all don't ride each one

Jennifer, I would love to play. I'll have to look at the due date before committing, since I have the Epcot swap to sort and return in early Jan. I usually scrap 2 page los and like the idea of breaking this up by parks, but I'll be in, if time permits, either way!

I love the idea of breaking it down and will vote for 2-page spreads if that's what we do. I also am voting for the more specific themes for pages. I've scrapped most of the general pages already and need more specifics.

Is there a way to do signups differently for this? Like maybe have each person pick a certain number of layouts to do and choose their theme for them. Then after all of that is done, have all the categories open so we could pick which rides we receive in return (up to the number of layouts we have signed up for). Or would this be too confusing. I was just thinking that it would allow those of us who need specific ride layouts to receive exactly what we are looking for without getting ones back we may not use or need.

Just a thought and maybe it won't work. ;) I have a Halloween hangover and am not thinking very clearly.

Here's another idea: break it down like the ABC swaps. Have each person pick 2 or 3 rides and mass generate the layouts so everyone gets one of everything back. We could accomodate as many/few swappers as wanted to participate. I don't mind making large numbers of just 2 or 3 sets, its coming up with the ideas for 15 different ones that fries my brain.

Hmmmm, let me see if I can figure this out...My head is aching again and I had a HORRIBLE night last night (long story short, my battery died and we had to replace it in the dark in the parking lot of a TGIFriday's - sounds like a country song).

great idea Danielle...

Jennifer, guess I should of been more clear on my "general" maybe not include titles, then we could add our own for a certain ride, since we all don't ride each one

That may work for some, but not for others. For instance, I would probably use that Snow White paper for the Snow White ride...Let me try to wrap my brain around it...

Jennifer, I would love to play. I'll have to look at the due date before committing, since I have the Epcot swap to sort and return in early Jan. I usually scrap 2 page los and like the idea of breaking this up by parks, but I'll be in, if time permits, either way!

Thanks, Sheila. I think if we do quarterly, we could make this due in February, second in May, third in August, fourth in November?

Those dates would work for me. Any thoughts on which park we would do first?

I was thinking MK first by itself, AK with Downtown Disney and Mini Golf, Epcot by itself, and DHS with the water parks? Does anyone have a preference?

Jennifer if you do by quarter I think your due dates are great...
If you need an angel please let me know..

I think you have come up with a very good idea.. wish I could join but have so much going on right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter