Sketch Swap~Interest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote no more work!

Hollywood Studios have their own outfits for Donald and Daisy, etc.

Periwinkle has been added to the Fairy group.

I think Magician Mickey and Minnie are the same as regular Mickey and Minnie.

At certain times of the year, the outfits are different. At Christmas, Goofy wears a Santa suit, Pooh and Tigger and Eeyore have winter scarves.

HPIM0788.JPG

As for couples, are they normally seen together? For instance, you can see Ariel alone at the grotto (or you could), but Ariel and Eric together somewhere else?

Or we can do it this way:

Mickey
Magician
Sorcerer Mickey
Safari Mickey
Hollywood Mickey
Minnie
Magician Minnie
Hollywood Minnie
Safari Minnie
Pluto
Safari Pluto
Donald
Safari Donald
Hollywood Donald
Frontierland Donald
Mexico Donald
Astounding Donaldo
Goofy
Great Goofini
Hollywood Goofy
Safari Goofy
Daisy
Safari Daisy
Ariel & Eric
Snow White
Mulan
Belle & Beast
Gaston
Jasmine & Aladdin
Jack Sparrow
Aurora
Rapunzel
Tiana & Naveen
Chip & Dale
Chip & Dale Space
Pinocchio & Gepetto
Jiminy Cricket
Mary Poppins (black coat)
Mary Poppins (white lace)
Space Stitch
Stitch
Lilo
Captain Hook & Smee
Peter Pan
Wendy
Woody
Buzz
Jessie
Green Army Men
Tinker Bell
Fawn
Silvermist
Periwinkle
Rosetta
Iridessa
Tigger
Pooh
Piglet
Eeyore
White Rabbit
Alice
Queen of Hearts
Tweedle Dee & Dum
Mad Hatter
Cinderella
Fairy Godmother
Incredibles
Phineas & Ferb
Mike
Sulley
Duffy
Rafiki
Baloo
King Louie
Pocahontas
Flik

I vote no more work!

Hollywood Studios have their own outfits for Donald and Daisy, etc.

Periwinkle has been added to the Fairy group.

I think Magician Mickey and Minnie are the same as regular Mickey and Minnie.

At certain times of the year, the outfits are different. At Christmas, Goofy wears a Santa suit, Pooh and Tigger and Eeyore have winter scarves.

HPIM0788.JPG

As for couples, are they normally seen together? For instance, you can see Ariel alone at the grotto (or you could), but Ariel and Eric together somewhere else?

That picture is too cute! What a sweeheart.
Do we want to get into holiday characters? That could be really tough as I think the outfits change from year to year for some of them, especially for Halloween. I also think we should just stick to the princesses and if the princes show up in the pictures it's just a bonus.

I think we should stick to everyday characters, I just wanted to share my little cutie. She's so small in that pic :)

I agree -- no more work today! :yay: & that pic is so sweet!!

That's quite a list, Danielle! It's making my head spin a bit. May need to go raid the candy jar!

Candy!

1. Mickey
  2. Sorcerer Mickey
  3. Safari Mickey
  4. Hollywood Mickey
  5. Minnie
  6. Hollywood Minnie
  7. Safari Minnie
  8. Pluto
  9. Safari Pluto
  10. Donald
  11. Safari Donald
  12. Hollywood Donald
  13. Frontierland Donald
  14. Mexico Donald
  15. Astounding Donaldo
  16. Goofy
  17. Great Goofini
  18. Hollywood Goofy
  19. Safari Goofy
  20. Daisy
  21. Safari Daisy
  22. Ariel & Eric
  23. Snow White
  24. Mulan
  25. Belle & Beast
  26. Gaston
  27. Jasmine & Aladdin
  28. Jack Sparrow
  29. Aurora
  30. Rapunzel
  31. Tiana & Naveen
  32. Chip & Dale Space
  33. Pinocchio & Gepetto
  34. Jiminy Cricket
  35. Mary Poppins (black coat)
  36. Mary Poppins (white lace)
  37. Stitch
  38. Lilo
  39. Captain Hook & Smee
  40. Peter Pan
  41. Wendy
  42. Woody
  43. Buzz
  44. Jessie
  45. Green Army Men
  46. Tinker Bell
  47. Fawn
  48. Silvermist
  49. Periwinkle
  50. Rosetta
  51. Iridessa
  52. Tigger
  53. Pooh
  54. Piglet
  55. Eeyore
  56. White Rabbit
  57. Alice
  58. Queen of Hearts
  59. Tweedle Dee & Dum
  60. Mad Hatter
  61. Cinderella
  62. Fairy Godmother
  63. Incredibles
  64. Frozone
  65. Phineas & Ferb
  66. Mike
  67. Sulley
  68. Duffy
  69. Rafiki
  70. Baloo
  71. King Louie
  72. Pocahontas
  73. Meeko
  74. Flik
  75. Dug & Russell
  76. Anastasia
  77. Lady Tremaine
  78. Drizella

This is a crazy crazy list!

We saw Aladdin and Jamine together at the Agrabah market area..
We also saw Ariel and Prince Eric together in the little veranda on the right as you walk into Adventureland just before the dole whip stand!!

Those were seen in 2010 and 2012.

That is a hefty list.. might want to make it a separate swap or focus on just one park group at a time... but it's all up to majority...

My head is spinning with ideas...

Could we consider just including the embellishments for page 2?? I was just thinking if I do a border mat for 3- 4x6 photos to are horizontal..but you, Jennifer, have 3- veritical 4x6 photos and want to flip the page to accomodate.. if I had embellishments alread attached they'd be sideways... KWIM? If I'm over thinking just let me know...

Isn't it amazing looking at the maturity of our kids as they become their own person... year by year it's amazing all the changes... speaking as a mom of a 19 year old.. makes me teary thinking it won't be long till my baby is having a baby.. (well, it better be at least 8 more years!)

Isn't it amazing looking at the maturity of our kids as they become their own person... year by year it's amazing all the changes... speaking as a mom of a 19 year old.. makes me teary thinking it won't be long till my baby is having a baby.. (well, it better be at least 8 more years!)

Nan, you are jinxing us both! 19 years is too young to have babies(at least I keep reminding mine about that fact all the time).

Looking back on pictures of them when they were younger is bittersweet, I get teary eyed, but I am so proud of them for who they are becoming.

OMG I'm worn out just reading the last 3+ pages...you ladies were busy today!
not sure how many of the character pages I'd be interested in, its like pulling teeth to get Megan to pose anymore and I have a bunch of parts & pieces to use from previous swaps too.

like the start & end dates, and doing each park separately, think the characters should be separate too, that's a HUGE list !

We could theoretically break the character list into 4 and add them as a separate group (or groups) for each park.

I'm the one who wants to get the character photos in my family. I think I'll be able to talk her into a few next year. I'm thinking of Cassey's awesome character book though and know I have many many of them already.

Nan, as far as page two. I get what you're saying. Include mats that can be oriented either way, along with a border, a background paper and whatever else to finish the page? Page one would be glued down, but two would be put together when you get your photos.

That was our first trip. She was 5, so almost 7 years ago now. I was watching her in dance tonight, they look like ballerinas now, not just little girls playing. Time flies.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Nan, as far as page two. I get what you're saying. Include mats that can be oriented either way, along with a border, a background paper and whatever else to finish the page? Page one would be glued down, but two would be put together when you get your photos.

That would work... I would just hate to glue down page 2 and all your page 2 photos wouldn't work.. Maybe we could take a photo of our page 2 with our idea or rotating it...

PrincessNancy96 said:
That would work... I would just hate to glue down page 2 and all your page 2 photos wouldn't work.. Maybe we could take a photo of our page 2 with our idea or rotating it...

I agree. I'd rather have it incomplete (so to speak) than have it not work. I'm generally able to crop my photos in a way that I can make a vertical into a horizontal (and vice versa) if necessary, but its nice to not have to do that.

I'm in a Disney mode because I need to scrap that 2010 trip..and was just looking at photos.. LOL

Ok, really I'm leaving for a while... I'm almost done with my list...

You better get moving!! I'm 1/2 way done with that trip!

I just skimmed the thread, now my head hurts! LOL Jennifer keep me posted with dates, break downs etc, because I'm going to get started on the 2013 swap calendar soon (if Nan hasn't beat me to it).

Thinking out loud here, I really really want a 2 page layout World Showcase sketch swap. I always have a ton of pics and in doing my 2010 trip, I'm struggling to come up with second pages that coordinate.

I may or may not join this one, it depends on how all this breaks down. I don't think I need a ton of character pages but I know a redo trip is in the works with my nieces so I want pages for them.

I am interested in this swap, but now I am completely confused. Has it turned into just a character swap or is it going to be rides/lands? Seems like only characters are being discussed now.

I am interested in this swap, but now I am completely confused. Has it turned into just a character swap or is it going to be rides/lands? Seems like only characters are being discussed now.

welcome to our group!
it is a bit confusing isn't it....think it's going to be for MK at this point with a separate character swap later....Jennifer is a great hostess and will get things nice and neat for us soon, this is just the interest thread so we usually bounce lots of ideas around, then will have the "official" thread for sign-ups and progress reports!

You better get moving!! I'm 1/2 way done with that trip!

I just skimmed the thread, now my head hurts! LOL Jennifer keep me posted with dates, break downs etc, because I'm going to get started on the 2013 swap calendar soon (if Nan hasn't beat me to it).

Thinking out loud here, I really really want a 2 page layout World Showcase sketch swap. I always have a ton of pics and in doing my 2010 trip, I'm struggling to come up with second pages that coordinate.

I may or may not join this one, it depends on how all this breaks down. I don't think I need a ton of character pages but I know a redo trip is in the works with my nieces so I want pages for them.

Sorry for the headache, we went a little crazy there yesterday afternoon...I think it was a hurricane that blew through :lmao:

I'll be doing 4 swaps (or 5, if we break down characters to their own swap), one every three months, and we can always change sign-ups and or groups at any time, especially when we get to Epcot.

Personally, I'm thinking of using the character pages for a special character book, which would be a work in progress, filling it with ALL trips, not just one specific trip.

Sign-ups will be 11/15, probably start around 8:30 eastern. I'll start a new thread this morning for that. Due date will be 2/15/13. That will be a solid due date. We've got February vacation the following week, and I'd like to have that time to sort and return.

Welcome to our cozy little corner! Sorry for the confusion, I was just trying to get an idea of interest on this thread. It's going to be a sketch swap for Magic Kingdom Rides at this point. Characters will either be a separate group in this swap or a separate swap on its own.

welcome to our group!
it is a bit confusing isn't it....think it's going to be for MK at this point with a separate character swap later....Jennifer is a great hostess and will get things nice and neat for us soon, this is just the interest thread so we usually bounce lots of ideas around, then will have the "official" thread for sign-ups and progress reports!

Ah, thanks, Lisa ;)

happy to help out :thumbsup2 are you going to have Nan or Buffy close this swap down so we don't get confused between the two?

Might be a good idea to close this one... so that Jennifer has a fresh thread to work with...

Jennifer, I thought about things last night... for packaging.. would it be easier for you if we packaged them like the Wall Art Mickey Heads?? Label # of bags needed and you, the swapper, sort the pages for the hostess... then you include a list of all your spots... then you as hostess would only have to sort # of bags instead of individual pages???

Are you considering the thought you had in the 2013 calendar swap about not including the background paper?? If you would decide to do that... Could we add the name of the background paper that was used for the emailed/included photo so that we could color match better??

Might be a good idea to close this one... so that Jennifer has a fresh thread to work with...

Jennifer, I thought about things last night... for packaging.. would it be easier for you if we packaged them like the Wall Art Mickey Heads?? Label # of bags needed and you, the swapper, sort the pages for the hostess... then you include a list of all your spots... then you as hostess would only have to sort # of bags instead of individual pages???

Are you considering the thought you had in the 2013 calendar swap about not including the background paper?? If you would decide to do that... Could we add the name of the background paper that was used for the emailed/included photo so that we could color match better??

My note in the calendar prep thread was more for other page swaps. I think I'd rather that we have the 'full' page on the quarterly swaps. What does everyone think.

ETA: I think it would work for this swap, or is everyone more interested in getting a 'full' page back?

If a thread is locked, can I still edit my own posts within it? I'd like to copy the formatting of the character list so I'll have it for future reference.

ETA: I copied what I needed, if you want to lock it, that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter