Sketchy add-on point waitlist (8 months and counting so far for BLT March UY)

Just go on the orange county website and
1. Put in the date you want to start
2. the date you want to end
3 Under grantor type in Disney
4.Click on the advanced tab
5. under legal remarks put in bay lake
6 uncheck the box on the right and click on deed
7. click search
8. on the right of each listed deed it says view image, click that

You can tell use year and number of points by looking at the image of the contract.

looks like a bit over 300 contracts from 1-1-18 that you can click through fairly quickly to get a bit of a idea of if March use year are being filled and the number of points filled.

Call them and specifically say you want to switch guides, and have them at least connect you to the new guides email. Tell them which guide you want. If tgat doesn’t work call 800-800-9800, but push option 2 for administration, and tell them.

I got on a waitlist for add-on points at BLT the day Disney acknowledged my closed resale contract in December last year. I originally asked for 25 points -- this was before the rule change. My use year is March.

I checked in every couple of weeks and no movement. After the announced pending rule change to 75 points for benefits the guide said it was probably the points wold come through before that. They didn't. After that I offers to up my request to 75.

Eight months later I'm still waiting. I've checked in every couple months since. I have allegedly never moved from #8 on the waitlist in 7 months. The guide assures me that the way the list works is they have to take the requests in order not by closest match to the available points -- i.e. they won't skip over you because they have 200 points available and a buyer further down the list who wants all 200. Etc.

Here's the thing. I have since seen a couple other people post on a DVC Facebook group that they have received their add-on points for BLT March UY despite getting on the waitlist months after me. But the Guide insists that's impossible and says they must be lying.

Anyone have any insights. 8 months on the waitlist with no movement in position most of that time seems excessive. And the Facebook people, who use real names, don't seem to be lying.

Hi OP, I'm curious to know if you've been contacted about direct March BLT becoming potentially available?

This is the third time Disney's taken more than 30 days to pass/take one of my contracts (March BLT this time). I always suspect they are ringing those on the waitlist for potential takers on my time, before eventually making a decision.

They do have to have the minimum you want though all at once. If not then they'd move on to the next person.

This was not true with my guide. I was on the waitlist for 55 BLT points June use year. About 6 weeks later, he called and offered my 25. I bought them. Eight weeks after that, he called and offered me 30. I bought them as well.

I looked at the data I collect on deeds reacquired by Disney for Bay Lake Tower. For the period January 1, 2018 through August 15, 2018, I show that Disney has reacquired 19 BLT deeds containing 3,850 points that are for the March Use Year.

I was a bit surprised by the number of March UY points reacquired this calendar year because it is more than I expected. The March UY represents only 9.4% of BLT's total points, but the 3,850 March UY points represent 13.9% of the 27,714 BLT points taken back by Disney in 2018.

Another interesting tidbit about the deeds: Of the 19 March UY deeds reacquired by Disney, 14 were reacquired the first three months of the year. Only two BLT deeds with a March UY have been reacquired since the end of May 2018.

One key thing to keep in mind about the points Disney reacquires through its ROFR and foreclosure proceedings: Just because it reacquired a deed doesn't mean that it now has points it can immediately sell to the general public. The deed may have been stripped of its current year points, which means that Disney cannot sell a deed for those points until next year. Theoretically, it could even have to wait until the start of the 2020 Use Year if the original owner borrowed and used their 2019 allocation of points.

The bottom line is that Disney may have reacquired 3,850 BLT points with a March UY, but chances are it has a smaller number of points it can immediately resell to the public.

I looked at the data I collect on deeds reacquired by Disney for Bay Lake Tower. For the period January 1, 2018 through August 15, 2018, I show that Disney has reacquired 19 BLT deeds containing 3,850 points that are for the March Use Year.

I was a bit surprised by the number of March UY points reacquired this calendar year because it is more than I expected. The March UY represents only 9.4% of BLT's total points, but the 3,850 March UY points represent 13.9% of the 27,714 BLT points taken back by Disney in 2018.

Another interesting tidbit about the deeds: Of the 19 March UY deeds reacquired by Disney, 14 were reacquired the first three months of the year. Only two BLT deeds with a March UY have been reacquired since the end of May 2018.

One key thing to keep in mind about the points Disney reacquires through its ROFR and foreclosure proceedings: Just because it reacquired a deed doesn't mean that it now has points it can immediately sell to the general public. The deed may have been stripped of its current year points, which means that Disney cannot sell a deed for those points until next year. Theoretically, it could even have to wait until the start of the 2020 Use Year if the original owner borrowed and used their 2019 allocation of points.

The bottom line is that Disney may have reacquired 3,850 BLT points with a March UY, but chances are it has a smaller number of points it can immediately resell to the public.

Oh my gosh! Did you do a spreadsheet for all or were you just looking for March?

Basically, just wondering if you have Oct UY info....:goodvibes

Sorry to jump in too...any Information on the February use year? We are on the wait list and just wondering if we have any hope of movement over the next month or 2. Thank you!!!

Sorry to jump in too...any Information on the February use year? We are on the wait list and just wondering if we have any hope of movement over the next month or 2. Thank you!!!
February is by far the most common Use Year at Bay Lake Tower, accounting for 37.8% of the resort's total points. No other DVC resort has that high of a percentage in a single Use Year. The odds of Disney reacquiring February BLT points are very high.

T
February is by far the most common Use Year at Bay Lake Tower, accounting for 37.8% of the resort's total points. No other DVC resort has that high of a percentage in a single Use Year. The odds of Disney reacquiring February BLT points are very high.

THANK YOU!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter