Skipper Canteen menu changes

Moliphino

DIS Veteran
I just looked at the menu and there have been a lot of changes, and not for the better IMO. The noodle bowls and beef mac and cheese are gone. Guess I'll definitely be getting the steak next month (Except now it comes with beans?! I was looking forward to the plantains).

Looks better to me, too! The seafood stew and Thai noodles both sound good. Glad to see that the whole fried fish hasn't been axed.

I love that whole fried fish! It was soooo good the last time I had it.

Skipper Canteen remains such an underrated TS option in the MK, and really all of WDW for that matter. I wish all of the parks had an “outside of the box” option like Skipper Canteen.

Last edited:

I don't eat seafood or tofu, so it's a big net loss for me. I liked the noodle bowl when I had it last year.

I'm headed there on Tuesday! Interesting to hear that there's been a menu change in between the time that I've made my reservation and the time that I'll be going. Sad to hear that the noodle bowls are gone, since that's what I was hoping to order, but the Thai noodles sound like a great addition!

I am glad they are keeping the head on shrimp and the whole fried fish! We really liked this eatery, so many different and good choices.

The menu looks so good, but so little of it I can actually eat since I am soy allergic and can't do a lot of citrus. *sad panda*

Not that I think they should change it though! If I could have the stuff I would be there in a second!

My daughter was planning on the beefy pasta since she loved it last time. Good thing my picky one found another dish she wants to try. This is the second of just a handful of restaurants we are eating at next summer that has had a menu change and removed one of our favorite dishes. Good opportunity to try something new.

We were there Monday and thought the menu options were great. The two of us settled on six things we really wanted and ended up winnowing it down to three (two apps and an entrée) because we had the dessert party later. Probably should have gone down to two as we really weren't hungry for the dessert party a few hours later, but the three we got were all quite good.

To me it didn't really feel African themed so much as travel and exploration themed--made sense to me.

Fair point. I associate the ride with Africa, but I suppose Adentureland itself is not Africa-specific.

As long as they keep some of the great gluten-free options, I’m good!

I love that whole fried fish! It was soooo good the last time I had it.

Skipper Canteen remains such an underrated TS option in the MK, and really all of WDW for that matter. I wish all of the parks had an “outside of the box” option like Skipper Canteen.

This is my favorite restaurant at MK and the only one (other than Be Our Guest) that I think is really worth going to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter