SKY and KATIES FIRST TIME ADVENTURING

FtW Mike

DIS Veteran
Two weeks ago we lost our Little Girl Maggie when she out of the blue passed away from a sudden heart attack. As many of you can imagine Mom and Dad were heart broken even though we know shad a great life and was well well loved. Mom my DW Lucille was stuck at home with Big Sister WOOKIEBEAR who was in a state of depression and started looking online for some little ones that need a new home. Sunday she announced we were taking a trip to the local PET SMART just to see who they had. Long story sort Sky and Katie adopted us and WOOKIEBEAR. Problem was last weekend we had a trip planned to local campground with JIMMY BUFFET themed weekend Rather than lose deposit and the day I had taken off to we decided the sooner they get into ADVENTURING the better So last Friday we loaded the coach with last minute stuff and the 2 cats while the 3 girls all went into Mom's car and off we all went. A quick potty call about a third of the way down revealed our new ones were traveling well and an hour and a half later we were pulling into our site.
We were a little disappointed we weren't able to get a shaded row but thank heavens our ACs were tuned up in the spring and while they ran nearly non stop all during the day the coach stayed nice and cool all weekend. Before we did any setting up we took them all to EXPLORE THE WILDERNESS and despite the 3rd new environment in 5 days they were very happy to be there

Sorry for your loss. Happy for your additions.
Maggie was not who we worried about That would be my WOOKIEBEAR my wife calls her my daughter and our vet wants 3 days notice when her time comes so she can have an MD on hand to sedate me and I am not allowed to drive myself and Lucille doesn't count.
The little ones (pics to follow once I download from my phone and the camera) have made the days easier to get through but this constant jockeying to #1 Daddy's girl has to stop WOOKIEBEAR is and always will have that spot.

Once our initial exploration was complete it was back to the coach and finish setting up water and waste hookups and extend slides. While I did all that Lucille discovered that she had brought food for everyone but the little ones. We had enough extra for WookieBear to get us through Friday night but we would need to make a trip to either the supermarket or Wally World to fix that. Lucille decided a trip now would be easier so off she went while I took the kids for another bit of exploring as they were getting a little to rowdy. While she was out she picked up a load of fried Chicken for dinner as we both decided it was too hot ( ACCUWEATHER said real feel temp 112 ) Once we ate we fed the kids and after getting them outside put The Wookie's bowl down so she can eat in peace.

Sorry about your loss. After you have them for so long they are family, and hard to let go of. Our Jack Russell Dixie is 15 going on 16 and we know she is showing her age. She was our first Christmas present to each other.

Glad your initial run with the new additions is going well.

Sorry about your loss. After you have them for so long they are family, and hard to let go of. Our Jack Russell Dixie is 15 going on 16 and we know she is showing her age. She was our first Christmas present to each other.

Glad your initial run with the new additions is going well.
Initial run went great They loved being out with us not afraid of entering the coach and ready to go out with just a look at their leashes. They surprised us with how well they reacted to most of the other dogs and people they met. Both Maggie and Wookie are 12 going on 13 and Wookie is the one showing it We thought 2 years ago we might lose her to cancer but her spleen removal solved that. Still she is mostly Leonberger so she has out lasted the norm for her breed I just keep asking GUS to let us have her for our Christmas trip and one last extra special time together

Last edited:
That first night in CG was very revealing. Sky will let us know she needs to go out by sitting at the top of the steps looking at the door and looking at us. Once out she will have found specific area that she wants to go to to do her thing anything else is just exploring and play time. Daddy is getting well trained.
Katie is different story. She doesn't drink she reloads. Very happy to go out will do what she needs to any where but will be easily distracted by oddities like birds , butterflies even Sky and will forget why she is out. As my DW says she is a Potato head.
Both think playtime is whenever and where ever they decide. Using Wookiebear as a mat they found out was not good idea on a lot of levels (Daddy has to learn some more patience with that one)

To everyone sorry it took a year to get these up forgot we used the wife's camera and only just found them when i checked card to see how much room it had for a concert we went to last week
So cute mike. I love the last one.....
Paul Katie loves her dinner We are planning to get her a WIDE LOAD sign for her butt as she now goes 75 lbs

I hear ya Mike..... My "Maverick" is a chow hound too. We had other dogs where we could leave food out all day and they'd be fine and eat when hungry, Our yellow Lab (Maverick) would devour it though, so now he only gets fed twice a day. (Morning and night).... Well..... that's if he is at home...... and grandma doesn't visit....... and DW isn't feeling generous (which she usually is). So while he generally only gets fed twice a day, there is NO shortage of snacks and goodies. o_O

That's okay though.... We love them, right? Sometimes more than other people we meet.

DSCN1439.JPG Believe it or not Denise That is where we found him. He wasn't happy to come out either but once we stop for the night he is out and about looking to check out where we are
255016-5d7b2c0f3565452fd02e18b73eeb3416.jpg

This is sister Chubbs Claiming the bed as her domain

Mike sent you a PM. Wookiebear is adorable reminds me a bit of Mallory. So sorry to hear about Maggie.

Today is the one year anniversary of the the Savage Sisters adopting us and coming to live with us. Despite the rain they wanted to be out and run around like they found out they could when they first arrived. We had a small party and they were none too happy with their hats but loved their Puppy Pops (Doggie Ice Cream)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!