Sky Tower has been closed for several weeks now - Jul 2016

It's been closed again as of late (it was down yesterday, Wed, and last Sat)

I am literally serious Sky Tower is open in fact I went again today and when we passed through the tollbooth to enter the parking lot, the sign on the booth said current attractions closed today and there was nothing there. But before, a few months ago, Sky Tower was posted there. Then we went into the park and I saw it going up and I saw people's heads through the windows. That mean't it is open, so no more of this, Aw.. it going to close forever, WELL IT NOT :)

The Sky Tower has not been open for several months. They have been testing it, from what I can tell, so you may have seen people riding it on test rides. But it has not been open to general park guests. There is a rope across the entrance, close to the pearl shop. If that rope is blocking the entrance it is closed, and in months I have not seen that rope removed.

AshFireGaming - when you saw people riding it, did you actually walk over and see if you could get on it? If not I have to think they were either testing it or doing something special for VIPs.

This was in an Orlando Sentinel articles titled "SeaWorld parks cut back amid financial difficulty" that discuss various things such as the Antarctica ride only opening on weekends and the divers not performing at the Blue Horizons show but there was specifically an update on the Sky Tower (these are only the portions of the article talking about the tower itself) -

"The SkyTower ride has been closed with no explanation and will continue to be for months."

"The SkyTower is not expected to open until Easter."

So if you were hoping it would be open soon, you may not get your wish.

in case you were interested in the full article 0

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-seaworld-cutbacks-20161209-story.html

If you don't believe me, just go to YouTube if you have internet access and type SeaWorld Orlando update 3/18/17. In the middle of the video it clearly shows the guy recording the Sky Tower. It is at the top and spinning. Then he goes to the entrance and the sign says Sky Tower is currently open, wait time 50 mins. Then he goes on it and then he records as it starts going up and you see the Mako, which is open with people riding it, which is to prove that SKY TOWER is OPEN. www.youtube.com/watch?v=GChwrQjkmAA

Last edited:

I am going to SeaWorld Sunday, April 2nd, and will be recording a video riding the sky tower and the sky tower offride and will post it here.

It was open today. We rode on it 2x. Glad to have it back. The kids always enjoy seeing everything.

FLOIR if your still here or check this website from time to time, just saying Sky Tower is open and this time it not a troll and I have proof. Yeah!! :)

Last edited:
Correct - if you read my post above the quote I gave said it would be open at Easter. It got open about 2 or 3 weeks before Easter.

This is kind of bumming me out somewhat now. The stupid frikin wind keeps closing the Sky Tower. I went there yesterday around 4 PM and went to Sky Tower but signs says CLOSED due to high winds. >:[ man mothernature keep your winds somewhere else and not SeaWorld.

Ok we've got another issue here. It is May 7th and when I went to SeaWorld, the Sky Tower was mysteriously closed again. It wasn't due to high winds and when I read the sign outside Tower Island it said, "Sky Tower will not be opening today." And I went there again a few days later it said the same thing. I'm seriously hoping it won't go through another extremely long closure.

With all the posts here saying it was reopened, was dishearten when I read ashfiregaming's above post

I hope we get more info soon

With Memorial Day weekend and then summer season starting, more info will be released for vacationers planning to go on Sky Tower

Issue solved! I went back to SeaWorld May 30th, 2017 and this time the Sky Tower was open. I was still confused why it was closed throughout May and asked an attendant. The attendant stated that during testing on May 7th before the park opened, the cabin to Sky Tower wouldn't budge and they were working on it throughout May and finally got it working last night(i mean the night of May 29). So yeah were good

I'm sure the Sky Tower might be getting longer wait times because of the new construction projects, currently happening inside SeaWorld. Infinity Falls, the Dolphin Nursey which is gonna open very very soon. I forgot to say on May 30th when the Sky Tower was opened again, the wait time was 75 minutes.

We were in Orlando the last two weeks of May and went to Sea World several times. The Sky Tower was not operating early on like the 17-18. We went to the beach a few days and at the end of our trip it was actually showing hours on the show schedule you get when you go in. I only noticed it the last few days--Memorial Weekend. I did not look to see if it was actually moving. We passed by several times and did not see a line which there would have been with a long wait.

Yeah it wasn't open at all for almost the entire month of May. It was only on May 30th, that Sky Tower reopened after the malfunction was solved. Memorial Day weekend was before May 30th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter