Skyliner and Minnie Van/Lyft/Uber questions

Alessandra Gabriel

Mouseketeer
We will be headed down to WDW 11/9-11/17 and are staying at CBR. We are really excited to use the new Skyliner but I have some logistical questions. On our EPCOT day, the skyliner drops off at the Intl Gateway area, so if we were planning on RD'ing TT, the only way to get to that side of the park would be to walk through world showcase right? Would it make more sense to Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van to the front gate and take the skyliner back to the resort at the end of the night?
Regarding Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van's...which is the best service to use? From what I've read, only the Minnie Van's can drop you off right in front of the entrance gates right? If we used the Minnie Van's, does it work just like uber where you pay directly through the app with the card on file? Does anyone have any experience with wait times for the vans in the mornings?

Regarding Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van's...which is the best service to use? From what I've read, only the Minnie Van's can drop you off right in front of the entrance gates right? If we used the Minnie Van's, does it work just like uber where you pay directly through the app with the card on file? Does anyone have any experience with wait times for the vans in the mornings?
I believe the only park where it makes any difference is MK. At MK, MinnieVans drop off at the Disney bus stop.

With Uber or Lyft, if you enter MK as your destination, you will be dropped off at TTC -- which is perfect if you want to take the monorail, not so much if you're in a hurry. The better option is to set your destination for the Contemporary and just take the short walk to the MK entrance.

You can get Uber/Lyft prices for various categories of rides from their apps, or from RideGuru. They are readily available anywhere in the WDW area, and they are usually a fraction of the cost of a MinnieVan.

MinnieVan is ordered through the Lyft app and paid with your on-file credit card. MinnieVan fares are $15 + $2.75 per mile, so it's an expensive option.

BTW, there are numerous threads on MV, Uber and Lyft if you use the DIS search feature.

I believe the only park where it makes any difference is MK.

MK is the most dramatic difference in drop off/pickups but Minnie Vans get better spots at all the parks, usually around bus stops whereas regular ride share is shunted off towards the parking lots. Whether or not that’s worth the premium they charge is up to individuals.

As one of those dreaded childless millennials I was extremely skeptical of MVs and thought that unless you’re running late to MK, they were a sucker’s proposition for people who didn’t need car seats, until my trip last month. One day the heat at Epcot was getting to me really badly despite my best efforts to stay hydrated and I ended up leaving earlier than my planned midday break. I was about to book a Lyft until I saw how far I’d have to walk. There’s no way I’d have made it so I got a MV. It was a much shorter walk and in the moment definitely worth the extra money.

If it were me, I would take an Uber to save time in the morning and to be sure to get to the park quickly. We always take Uber’s or taxis to get around wdw. Everything else takes too long and we’re always trying to save time.

Minnie vans are cute and good if you need car seats. It they can take longer to pick you up since there aren’t that many. I’ve had to wait a long time waiting for Minnie vans.

Uber and Lyft can pick up and drop off st the same exact spots as the Minnie vans except at mk. At mk, Minnie vans can drop off at the bus area. If you want to take an Uber to the mk, most people get dropped off at the contemporary resort and walk from there.

The Skyliner would be nice to take when you’re not in a rush and have extra time.

Have fun!

Last edited:
If we take the Minnie van from the airport, can we still have Magical express get our checked baggage, or do we need to get our baggage? Thank you!

What is the configuration of Minnie Vans for 6 passengers when 2 car seats are needed? Is it one person in front passenger seat, 3 in the middle row, and 2 car seats in the 3rd row?

Also, what kind of car seats are they: infant, harness, booster?

What is the configuration of Minnie Vans for 6 passengers when 2 car seats are needed? Is it one person in front passenger seat, 3 in the middle row, and 2 car seats in the 3rd row?

Also, what kind of car seats are they: infant, harness, booster?
NO. One in the front passenger seat, three in the back row, and child seats in the second-row captains' seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter