Skyliner breakdown and BWVs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they are going back and forth between Pop, AoA, CBR by your own account. So if a bus is doing that loop the first of the IG resorts it would pass by is the BW thus the most direct for that looping. Sure perhaps the first time the bus is put on the loop it starts from somewhere else but if this bus is doing the circle continuously then BW is the most convenient.

The main buses from these 3 resorts do go to the front of the park. Actually the only report I’ve seen about the buses from BW->CBR->AoA->POP is only in this thread and occurred days ago. Do we have any indication this is going on still to this day?
Yes it is still going on to this day. The first bus I saw when Magical express pulled up to drop us off today at BWV said “skyliner resorts”

Yes it is still going on to this day. The first bus I saw when Magical express pulled up to drop us off today at BWV said “skyliner resorts”

I wonder if this will be the back up plan when Skyliner is down, but not when it is up and running. Maybe so those that expected to have a way to get to IG can still get there.

Does anyone know if those resorts still have a bus fo the front Epcot gate too?

I wonder if this will be the back up plan when Skyliner is down, but not when it is up and running. Maybe so those that expected to have a way to get to IG can still get there.

That I don’t know but I’d assume so. I can’t imagine that those 3 huge resorts would be sharing buses that only went to BWV (and no direct transportation to Epcot). I’m sure guests would be livid! If you were the 1st pickup can you imagine how long it would take? Having to stop at 2 resorts on the way then once you get to BWV a 5-10 min walk to IG or waiting for the boat?!

That I don’t know but I’d assume so. I can’t imagine that those 3 huge resorts would be sharing buses that only went to BWV (and no direct transportation to Epcot). I’m sure guests would be livid! If you were the 1st pickup can you imagine how long it would take? Having to stop at 2 resorts on the way then once you get to BWV a 5-10 min walk to IG or waiting for the boat?!

Good point! Yeah, I would be upset too! Once Skyliner is up and running, these buses wouldn’t be necessary so it has to be just until it starts again.

Thanks for the update!

My guess would be no. I think it is being done to reduce volume at the front gate while all of the construction is going on there.

I really don't know but that wouldn't seem to make sense. Why have an additional line to BWV plus buses to the front of Epcot? Advertising? Of a Skyliner failure that is now requiring a bus instead?

My guess would be no. I think it is being done to reduce volume at the front gate while all of the construction is going on there.
They do still have busses at least for Pop as people have been reporting riding them to the front of the park.

Wow I just don't know what to say. So it's ok for the guests staying at AoA/PoP/CB to be upset but not BW guests?

If Disney was truly concerned about their guests they would drop them off at BC, easier access for those with mobility issues (no stairs) and much closer to IG...Just Saying!

I really don't know but that wouldn't seem to make sense. Why have an additional line to BWV plus buses to the front of Epcot? Advertising? Of a Skyliner failure that is now requiring a bus instead?
I was thinking that it was getting people to the IG, since that is what the Skyliner would do?

I don’t understand why they would do it, even now, but they are..

Anyone wishing to sell their BWV points, I would do I now. Because once the public realizes that BWV has become a mass transit station, BWV points will go down in value. I guess Disney figured out how to hurt resale.

Anyone wishing to sell their BWV points, I would do I now. Because once the public realizes that BWV has become a mass transit station, BWV points will go down in value. I guess Disney figured out how to hurt resale.
Well, if that’s the case they are also hurting the guests on the hotel side. And while Disney may not care a lot about their DVC owners, they do care quite a bit about their hotel guests.

Well, if that’s the case they are also hurting the guests on the hotel side. And while Disney may not care a lot about their DVC owners, they do care quite a bit about their hotel guests.
I am not so sure about that, unfortunately. They seem to think people will just keep coming regardless. They also often have steep discounts at BW hotel.

I was thinking that it was getting people to the IG, since that is what the Skyliner would do?

I don’t understand why they would do it, even now, but they are..

Agree. It makes sense on the occasion the Skyliner goes down unexpectedly and people have walked out the IG to the Skyliner and then learned that. It just seems non-sensical to me when they know it's going to be down like it currently is. If they're being efficient then when the Skyliner is scheduled to be down for the day then use only the buses at the front. It would seem the AoA/PoP/CBR/BWV should only ever happen when the Skyliner is operating but then has a long shut down during that day.

As we all know, Disney buses do not run in fixed circular routes. It makes sense that Disney would dispatch a bus to BW to pick-up departing park guests who were sent to the BW bus stop from the International Gateway due to the Skyliner outage. However, to the best of my knowledge, all inbound "EPCOT" buses from the resorts are still going to the park entrance.

Has it been established somewhere that buses are actually picking-up people from CBR, POP and AOA and dropping them at BoardWalk for Epcot admission?

As we all know, Disney buses do not run in fixed circular routes. It makes sense that Disney would dispatch a bus to BW to pick-up departing park guests who were sent to the BW bus stop from the International Gateway due to the Skyliner outage. However, to the best of my knowledge, all inbound "EPCOT" buses from the resorts are still going to the park entrance.

Has it been established somewhere that buses are actually picking-up people from CBR, POP and AOA and dropping them at BoardWalk for Epcot admission?
I definitely don’t think they are dropping guests at BW for Epcot admission. I saw 3 skyliner buses arrive at BW today while waiting for 1 MK bus to show. Not one person got off those buses. Also not one person got on any of them either. When the one driver got off and asked if anyone was waiting for the skyliner bus someone asked what it was. He said it was a loop connecting the skyliner resorts and the BW since the gondolas weren’t running. So he made it sound like he was picking up at the other resorts for drop off at Boardwalk.

I definitely don’t think they are dropping guests at BW for Epcot admission. I saw 3 skyliner buses arrive at BW today while waiting for 1 MK bus to show. Not one person got off those buses. Also not one person got on any of them either. When the one driver got off and asked if anyone was waiting for the skyliner bus someone asked what it was. He said it was a loop connecting the skyliner resorts and the BW since the gondolas weren’t running. So he made it sound like he was picking up at the other resorts for drop off at Boardwalk.

Sounds like some sort of Mickey Mouse operation running a bus for groups of people that know the Skyliner isn't operational because they couldn't ride it over to Epcot in the first place all while running the usual buses to the front of Epcot. :p

Yes sounds kind of crazy to me. Although this now allows those guest better access to the boardwalk area. Not a bad deal for those guests.

Sounds like some sort of Mickey Mouse operation running a bus for groups of people that know the Skyliner isn't operational because they couldn't ride it over to Epcot in the first place all while running the usual buses to the front of Epcot. :p

Bus service to the park entrance has not been discontinued, even when the Skyliner is running. It’s conceivable that people will choose to ride the bus over, but then want to take the Skyliner back to their hotel or to DHS.

Due to this particular extended closure, it does seem like they could post a few signs in Epcot redirecting guests to the front of the park. But a standard procedure of sending guests to a nearby Epcot resort during brief outages makes sense, too.

SInce they have reportedly been running the Skyliner empty, either testing or trying to recreate the collision, I'm guessing it won't be down very much longer. A few weeks at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter