Skyliner distancing?

tjmw2727

DIS Veteran
Planning a December trip and deciding between resorts! We love the skyliner - stayed at Riviera last January and found them so coinvent but we also love the Epcot resorts. Thinking of CBR as our party is smaller this trip but wondering how a party of 2 or 3 would be seated on the skyliner? I don't want to share a bench - would be ok sharing with another party seated on the other bench as long as masks are worn. Not sure how you would enforce this once your in the air however....

Can someone with recent experience report their experience on how the skyliner is loaded now -

TIA

As I understand it, they are only putting one party per car. I hope it continues - I found it super awkward to be crammed in with other parties, especially when it stops for multiple minutes and ESPECIALLY when it is 2 solo travelers who are NOT together. If they're combining parties by January, Epcot will be off the list as long as I stay at CBR. (Studios is anyway...not enough there for me to make it worth going over).

Is there a delay for cleaning every time a party exits a gondola?
No. All the vents are open to facilitate the change of air through the gondola. They do have sanitizer to use before boarding and after exiting the gondolas. I have seen a cleaner board a gondola in front of mine at CBR and while it was flying, they were giving it a wipe down from top to bottom, so they are cleaning them. I just don’t know what the cleaning schedule is, since they do not have to stop the gondolas to do it. Perhaps they do one, then when they reach the station, they move back a car and do the next one, etc. I was on the short run to Pop, and the cleaner was still working and did not exit at the Pop station.

I was there solo and never shared a gondola on either of the two vacations I have been on since the reopening.

No. All the vents are open to facilitate the change of air through the gondola. They do have sanitizer to use before boarding and after exiting the gondolas. I have seen a cleaner board a gondola in front of mine at CBR and while it was flying, they were giving it a wipe down from top to bottom, so they are cleaning them. I just don’t know what the cleaning schedule is, since they do not have to stop the gondolas to do it. Perhaps they do one, then when they reach the station, they move back a car and do the next one, etc. I was on the short run to Pop, and the cleaner was still working and did not exit at the Pop station.

I was there solo and never shared a gondola on either of the two vacations I have been on since the reopening.
Thanks for the info. That's good to know. Glad to hear they aren't causing excessive cleaning delays.

We were just there 2 weeks ago and there was no wait. you basically walk leisurely 6 feet behind the next party and board easily. no hassle, no lines, very nice and clean. I took Lysol wipes and used as precaution, however Disney has antibacterial stands at boarding and exits. The ventilation was great. enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!