Skyliner, ECV, & Riviera Resort

Candlelady

A dream is a wish your heart makes
Staying at BCV and planning on taking the Skyliner to Riviera for dinner. Do they stop for scooters and I never noticed?

It’s a separate loading area and yes they stop…@ every 10th cabin or so gets rerouted to the disability queue for you to pull into

Thank you! I had visions of having to get off at the next stop and ride the scooter to Riviera.

Riviera does not have the separate area for the cars to be pulled aside and stopped for ECV loading and unloading. They will slow the cars down very slow but they really try not to stop because it stops the entire Epcot to CBR line when they do. I believe Riviera is the only station that does not have the special side area for loading ECV’s. I have seen many ECV’s loading and unloading at the Riviera station, so they have a lot of experience with guests using mobility devices there.

Staying at BCV and planning on taking the Skyliner to Riviera for dinner. Do they stop for scooters and I never noticed?
The Skyliner lets people off at Riviera, including ECVs, but it does not have the pull-off area where the cars come to a complete stop. It is slowed way down at Riviera to give time to get off. All other Skyliner stations have a pull-off for those using a mobility device.

If there a walkway between the next stop and Riviera, we may try that instead. Dh had a stroke and moves really slow on the scooter. I don't think he would be comfortable backing out of a moving car.

If there a walkway between the next stop and Riviera, we may try that instead. Dh had a stroke and moves really slow on the scooter. I don't think he would be comfortable backing out of a moving car.
There is a walkway from the Riviera station to the CBR station, but it is a little bit of a hike. They will stop the Skyliner at Riviera if necessary. This is a screenshot showing the Riviera station under construction on the left and the CBR station under construction on the right, and you can see the various sidewalks throughout the area.

IMG_1731.jpeg

There is a walkway from the Riviera station to the CBR station, but it is a little bit of a hike. They will stop the Skyliner at Riviera if necessary. This is a screenshot showing the Riviera station under construction on the left and the CBR station under construction on the right, and you can see the various sidewalks throughout the area.

View attachment 838756
Appreciate the info, thank you.

Riviera does not have the separate area for the cars to be pulled aside and stopped for ECV loading and unloading. They will slow the cars down very slow but they really try not to stop because it stops the entire Epcot to CBR line when they do. I believe Riviera is the only station that does not have the special side area for loading ECV’s. I have seen many ECV’s loading and unloading at the Riviera station, so they have a lot of experience with guests using mobility devices there.
That’s why I only talked about loading at Epcot/BC because that’s what I thought the OP asked about - unloading they do slow down the cabins to super slow and you just back out at RIV - it’s easy peasy

That’s why I only talked about loading at Epcot/BC because that’s what I thought the OP asked about - unloading they do slow down the cabins to super slow and you just back out at RIV - it’s easy peasy
I've taken the skyliner from BCV to Riviera several times and yes, they slow down the cabins super-slow at Riviera-so slow that I swore the cabin was actually stopped! However, I admit that I've always scootered my way over to CBR to return. I just feel better knowing that the cabin is stopped and the CM will have plenty of time to put the blocks in so I won't roll around.

He will LIKELY be fine, it is EXTREMELY slow, almost to a stop and they can stop if it doesn't work, they just try not to.

We, too, didn’t realize it didn’t stop and until reading just now, thought they DID stop. It’s barely moving! We had no issues backing out either.

We, too, didn’t realize it didn’t stop and until reading just now, thought they DID stop. It’s barely moving! We had no issues backing out either.
At the Riviera station, it slows to a crawl and can be stopped if needed. They rarely need to actually come to a total stop though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter