Skyliner issues a week in??

Well it appears since the original accident on the Skyliner they are still having issues. Apparently on 10/31 the line was down for at least and hour with people in the gondolas. So far it appears that there have been 3 separate incidents with the Skyliner going down. Is there anybody there now that can report on this? Are guests being redirected from IG to BW and are buses running from BW to the other three resorts that are currently linked to Skyliner?

They had dedicated boats running fro IG to BW with extra busses picking up at BW.

They had dedicated boats running fro IG to BW with extra busses picking up at BW.

So based on your answer I'm interpreting it to mean they put more boats into active duty to handle the increased number of riders. Is that correct? How was the traffic on the BW itself?

Thanks for the update.

I can only say that while traveling to Epcot onboard one of the Friendship boats, the First Mate announced that the Skyliner was out of service and advised people going to stations serviced by the Skyliner to return to the dock and return to Boardwalk where busses would be running to those locations. He said they had boats dedicated to running between BW and IG but did not provide any further details.

I can’t say that there was any noticeable difference in the crowd level on the Boardwalk but we came out of the resort and ran for the boat which had already unloaded, so we really wouldn’t have noticed if there was.

Thanks Daddio, it's good to know what is going on at my 2nd home. ;) I appreciate the information as I'm sure other BWV owners do as well.

Hope you have a magical time at WDW. pixiedust:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter