Skyway ??

Jake

Mouseketeer
Do you think that Disney will run Bus loops to Skyway ? As a bus loupe from ASM and All star Sports to the station at all stars pop. And CB to pop ?? Except for the opening and closing time of the parks there should be capacity on Skyway for those people. And faster then normal bus

Do you think that Disney will run Bus loops to Skyway ? As a bus loupe from ASM and *** to the station at all stars pop. And CB to pop ?? Except for the opening and closing time of the parks there should be capacity on Skyway for those people. And faster then normal bus
First of all, it's Skyliner, not Skyway.

2nd, there's no such thing as All Stars Pop. Pop Century is not particularly close to the All-Stars.

3rd, the Skyliner station at AoA/Pop is not close to the bus stops there.

4th, CBR & Pop/AoA are already both on the Skyliner route, so there's no need for a bus connection.

I think it is an interesting idea, but I have stayed at Pop Century quite a few times and I frequently check All Stars room rates before booking Pop.
It seems like the price gap between the All Stars resorts and Pop Century & AoA is getting larger. I believe this is because of being on the Skyliner loop. So I would not expect them to bus people to the Skyliner resorts. I also expect the price difference to continue to grow.

Art of Animation is for all intents and purposes different from Pop Century given its large number of suite offerings for larger families.

Pop Century is more popular than the All Stars and therefore can get away with a higher room rate.

The Skyliner gondola station for PC and AoA is halfway between those two resorts so as to serve them equally.

I am led to believe that there will be a bus loop at Caribbean Beach that connects the various sections, the front desk/restaurant, and the Skyliner station. This might be served by a separate "internal bus" or by Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom buses, or a combination of these.

Last edited:

Do you think that Disney will run Bus loops to Skyway ? As a bus loupe from ASM and All star Sports to the station at all stars pop.
No. Absolutely not. There's no reason to bus guests to the Skyliner; plus, Disney does not bus from one resort to another, there's no reason to start now. If they're going to put All Star guests on buses anyway, it's a waste of resources to not simply bus them to the parks.
And CB to pop ??
Only if that branch of the Skyliner is inoperable for at least long enough to start dispatching buses.

I am highly concerned about the Skyliner. I have epilepsy. I cannot do heights. If bus service is stopped, then I cannot get to the parks unless I book a cab. I also use a scooter giving me access to the Minnie vans with a lift only. This could become expensive. We cannot stay in a park all day. We go back and forth to the parks and resort often.
Is this correct? No bus for us?
Pop is our favorite resort!

No definitive response yet on what effect the Skyliner will have on bussing (but there's an extensive thread on the Rumors and News subforum.)

Have you never been six stories above the ground? Flown? Driven over a bridge?
There appears to be nothing about the gondola that would induce a seizure.
  • Rides will be 10-15 minutes, tops.
  • The cars are all stroller, wheelchair, and ECV accessible, and the entire system is designed to pull off cars for accessibility.
  • Nobody needs to stay at a Skyliner resort:
    • Pop/AoA - alternative is All Stars
    • AoA Family Suites - alternative is All Stars Family Suites.
    • Caribbean Beach - alternatives are Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter.
    • Riviera - alternatives are every other DVC property.

Heights induce seizures in some people. Suspended height is especially bad.

For us, nothing compares to Pop in the value category.

Thank you for your help, Katieeldr!

Katieeldr, thank you for the reference to the Skyliner thread on the Rumors and News Forum. It is worth reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!